A List Of The Most Prominent Clothing Shills & Their Network Connections

one of the most awkward posters, imo. always and everywhere in the shoe appreciation universe and never tired of a bold statement - a great career from AE seconds to fashion forward english "gaudy'ism".

now, that you Mr. JS are too stupid to take care of your shoes... ...glad they had a big heart for you being such a tool.

#12644 - http://www.styleforum.net/t/236162/...n-shoe-appreciation-theard/12630#post_7321711

I accidentally shit on one of my Berluti shoes. Now granted, it was my mistake and I am not blaming anyone. However, I did not expect this particular shit to be so caustic as to burn off some of the lovely Berluti patina. I mean, I have not eaten curry in several days. I contacted Berluti and they responded within 196 hours by telephone no less! Even more mind boggling was that it was Olga herself who rang me up.

Salud Olga, ca va?

Ca va bien, Thruth, et tu?

Comme si comme ca, Olga. Je merde sur mes chaussures.

D'accord Thruth, pas de problem.

Vraiment, Olga? Que dois je faire?

Merde sur l'autre chaussure, Thruth. Êtes-vous allé à la selle aujourd'hui ? Voir un gastro-entérologue au sujet de votre temps de passage meme chose.

Merci, Olga. A bientot.

Pas de quoi, Thruth. Adieu.

Berluti sometimes gets a bad wrap for their high prices and poor customer service but I just wanted to report that Olga went beyond the call of duty to solve my shoe problem and also diagnosed my bowel issues. You won't get that from Meermin I tell you!

Berluti sometimes gets a bad wrap for their high prices and poor customer service but I just wanted to report that Olga went beyond the call of duty to solve my shoe problem and also diagnosed my bowel issues. You won't get that from Meermin I tell you!

if they come in a wide width this will be Jubeis' new favorite brand. wonderful.

if they come in a wide width this will be Jubeis' new favorite brand. wonderful.

Yes, he should really choose French shoes with funky patination. He can mistreat them in any way without noticeable damage. In fact, they would be enhanced by his mistreatment and develop and ever-evolving new patina. Let Foo have his One-Shoe. JS can have his Chameleon-Shoe. Ball don't lie.

Yeah, we're going to need to hear more about this happy accident.

I think my next patination job will be to see if I can shit-burn the writing off this pair. I think I will choose a vindaloo for the task.

Berlutti3.jpg

I accidentally shit on one of my Berluti shoes. Now granted, it was my mistake and I am not blaming anyone. However, I did not expect this particular shit to be so caustic as to burn off some of the lovely Berluti patina. I mean, I have not eaten curry in several days. I contacted Berluti and they responded within 196 hours by telephone no less! Even more mind boggling was that it was Olga herself who rang me up.

Salud Olga, ca va?

Ca va bien, Thruth, et tu?

Comme si comme ca, Olga. Je merde sur mes chaussures.

D'accord Thruth, pas de problem.

Vraiment, Olga? Que dois je faire?

Merde sur l'autre chaussure, Thruth. Êtes-vous allé à la selle aujourd'hui ? Voir un gastro-entérologue au sujet de votre temps de passage meme chose.

Merci, Olga. A bientot.

Pas de quoi, Thruth. Adieu.

Post of the forum right here.

Twas purely and absolutely a figment of my imagination just to mock the SF post Walker referred to. Satire. I don't even own Berluti's.

Twas purely and absolutely a figment of my imagination just to mock the SF post Walker referred to. Satire. I don't even own Berluti's.
You dirty son of a bitch! I was all excited for my shoe shitting story.

^
Crompers said:
The central problem with overcoat fit is that you don’t always wear it over a jacket.
Uh, you should. That is why it is called an overcoat. You wear it over a coat. What the fuck else are you wearing it over? A dickie?

DressedWell is a writhing snake pit of shills, here is a list of the most prominent ones (a partial listing of shills and their shillings as I rushed to get this out ASAP to inform people, please feel free to add):

Grand Potentate Grand Potentate - Fake Internet Gaming Commission of South Florida, International Association of Men's Fragrance Manufacturers, Gawker, Marmot, this is just the tip of the iceberg.....

Russell Street Russell Street - Pat Argenti, MPPUMD (paid lobbyist for Mobile Phones are Phones & not Useful Multifunction Devices), The King of Dhaka, The Northeast Fountain Pen Users Society, Bikers Without Borders (both the self-propelled & motorized sections)

ConchitaWurst ConchitaWurst - as recently disclosed Cappelli, Passaggio Cravatte, and who knows what else, this guy has his finger in a lot of dikes!

Zhirinovsky - Hartl, Hartl, Hartl, Beautiful Russian Brides Introduction Services, webmaster for www.bigblingshinyeurowatches.ru, ridrussiaofgermans.ru

OfficePants - LiveLeak (obviously), the American Police & Law Enforcement Benevolent Society

Betelgeuse - Swiss Watch Manufacturers Association - why else has he not bought a fucking watch by now, he just keeps posting them, see what I mean?

MFDoom - InStitches, seriously, his purported hatred for the man is so overblown it is clear he is in control of this well orchestrated sock attack on SF. I think he is also responsible for all of the spam.

Dropbear - funny that he just happened to drop back into DW pretending that the name change confused him just in time to start spamming on behalf of New Zealand Airlines and singing the glory of NZ dick, in mean deck paint.

EFV - wait, it is coming, he will be flooding the internetz with his sexy Swedish clothing. He is Swedish isn't he? Or maybe Icelandic? A Finn? Whatever, doesn'tt matter, they are all the same, I mean really, they all use the same flag and just change the colours, right?

Chorn Chorn - media relations for SF, Spokesman for "big linen", B&Tailor, M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection (not very well!), the International Anti-Suit League, every tie made known to mankind except Passiaggio Cravatte, did I say "big linen"?

doghouse doghouse - Poole, Bangladeshi Shirtmakers Association, Christopher Cross, Sartodinapoli Fan Club President,

JimmyRustler - American Distillery Association, Gawker Haters of America United, Pork Producers of America, American Jukebox Manufacturers (playlist coordinator), Jaguar Lovers International (Coordinator of the "no, really, they are reliable" campaign)

Jimmy Frost Mellor - Christian Chensvold Fan Club President, Satan, Blue Grass Music

acidboy - Pan-Pacific Nipple & Anus Bleaching Product Manufacturers, Philippine Mountain Biking Association

HenryC - well, it is quite obvious isn't it you sneaky Australian tie shill

Journeyman Journeyman - Turnbull & Asser, Charvet, niceness (sickeningly so)

Allen Smithee Allen Smithee - Multiple Personality Association of America, the Borg, King of Dhaka, MPAA, and was singlehandedly responsible for Pia Zadora winning a Golden Globe

Fwiffo - Clove Cigarette Manufacturers Association, Downtown Toronto Visitor's Bureau, Denver Broncos, Vice-President of ThereisNo TeaminTeamworkOhSoThereIsWellWhoGivesAFuckWhatYouThinkAnyway.ca

John Lee Pettimore III - Point/CounterPoint (an internet-based think tank that is dedicated to disagreeing with Rambo.), Cormac McCarthy, NRA, Yik Yak, The Chambray Research Institute (suit division), sshhh, don't trust him, I think he used to be someone else on here,

El Argentino - BYU, polygamy, tie bars, Banana Republic, Proponent of Groupthink

Mauro - Howard Yount

Pauly Chase - DrkShdw, DrkShdw, DrkShd, Asians for Boning White Chicks Association, Goth/Ninja Admiration Society

robertito - Tacky Spanish tailoring & shoes

Crat - Sapphir, spit polishing

W walker - Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, webmaster for ShoeGazing, AE seconds

Last edited:
DressedWell is a writhing snake pit of shills, here is a list of the most prominent ones (a partial listing of shills and their shillings as I rushed to get this out ASAP to inform people, please feel free to add):
Please add to that Hall of Fame, despite the fact that I receive no compensation for my proponencies.

Just sent to French Unglenteman, Hugo Crapomet;

1. Comparing that histrionic horrid tacky shoes of Corthay to the wonderful and elegant of Gaziano is like comparing a Kia with a Bentley.

Please, visit a hairdresser, get a real shirtmaker, learn how to dress and stop shill.

Best wishes

Sarto — 4 OCT 2014

a little late for Zombie Wednesday but Craptom will be shilling in NYC
Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 10.10.18 PM.png

bonus pic of his new cosplay coat
Edward-Sexton-bespoke-overcoat-467x700.jpg

Edward-Sexton-overcoat-500x333.jpg

140A6514-500x333.jpg

IMG_5882.PNG

https://www.permanentstyle.com/2016/09/introducing-the-guide-to-cloth.html

Craptom getting pushback from followers on his new sponsorship with Scabal.

The Guide is being sponsored by Scabal. This has been extremely useful in terms of access to people and expertise, but has also enabled us to fund the development of a micro-site to host the Guide.

It’s important to note, however, that the content of the Guide will be entirely independent and objective. Each article is based on input from several experts, at tailors, mills, merchants and even academics.

Scabal’s involvement is similar to the display advertising we carry elsewhere on the site. On the right-hand side of each article, they will suggest and recommend cloths from their range that are related to the content. I believe this will be genuinely useful, but more importantly, it retains the clear distinction between editorial and advertising that we always seek on Permanent Style.
  1. JOHN
    1 week ago
    Thank you for making it clear that this series will be sponsored by Scabal. While I can understand the financial imperative for such a large programme of articles am I the only one who feels slightly “queasy” about this? I am not suggesting for a second that either Mr Crompton or Scabal would attempt anything underhand (perish the thought) but somehow, and I can’t explain why, it just does not feel right. I guess as a long term reader (and occasional commenter) on Permanent Style this just seems a move away from what I have always considered a model of objectivity and public engagement. I am not expressing this very well because I am sure it will be objective but I don’t feel I will be able to enjoy it as much as other articles and as such I think I might have to give it a miss. It will be interesting to see how other feel

TIM FLEMING
    1 week ago
    I have to mirror John’s concerns about the role of Scabal. Initially when I read the first few lines of this post I was very excited, only to read on and feel the excitement diminish. Hopefully this won’t be the case though, as l am also a long-term reader

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom