Accessories, Card Cases, Wallets, and Money Clips

Quiet in the cheap seats!

So I'll start with the M-Clips. This is a pic of the standard model:

IMG_0379.JPG

As you can see its 3 times heavier than my standard money clip. This thing is fucking huge. Its really made to be a full wallet replacement to have the cards and cash in it and is too big to carry in a pocket along side a card case. The way it works is you slide the two top retaining bars back and then squeeze them down. Obviously, this necessitates 2 handed operation.

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

It has little grippy pads so that the clip stays in place on the money:
IMG_0385.JPG

Here's the instruction manual they send with it:

IMG_0397.JPG

Here it is loaded with the 10 test bills:

IMG_0386.JPG

I found a few things annoying about these other than the size. For one, when I was testing pulling the money out and putting it back in, the bills kept going wide of the jaws like this:

IMG_0388.JPG

Or the top bills would get stuck under the grip pads and get folded back like this:

IMG_0387.JPG

Ostensibly, the pads are supposed to keep the money secure, but in practice that didn't work quite so well. Here it is after trying to pull it out of my pocket with the bills in the center coming out of the pile:

IMG_0392.JPG

And the pads don't secure the money throughout, so if your wad of cash/cards isn't as wide as the gap, it rotates around your cash/cards like this:

IMG_0390.JPG

I also ordered two other models to try. The medium and the ultralight. Here they are by weight:

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

As you can see the Ultralight holds less than the other two models, and its the only one that could be feasible for a regular amount of cash. I still found it too unwieldy and heavy though.

Very few money clips that work well with bills folded in two or at all

I swear the "roll of bills" is the way to go and all you need is an elastic
image.jpg

Next up is the Tumi Monaco single billfold wallet. Again, we're testing 10 bills and 10 cards here. Of the wallets I got to try, this was the largest of the bunch, but by no means huge.

IMG_0349.JPG

The blue is a deeper color than that but my desk lamp was washing it out a bit. Closer in reality to the right edge of the pic. Its actually quite nice. This has 3 card slots on each side, and slots underneath the side slots in the center:

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

The thickest of the bunch empty

IMG_0356.JPG

And here it is full of the 10 and 10

IMG_0358.JPG

Obviously this would shrink a bit when it breaks in and isn't so stiff.

Next up we've got the Bellamy Hide and Seek wallet. This is the chocolate brown color. I believe its called JAVA. Again, the desk lamp is washing out the color.

IMG_0359.JPG

This has 5 slots in total on the inside flaps, a center slot for cash, a hidden center slot for cash, and a small hidden pocket for cards inside the non-hidden cash slot.

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

This is the card pocket inside the money area. Its actually decent sized and very good for things like insurance and auto shit that you don't use often but need to carry.
IMG_0362.JPG

This is the "hidden" cash area, underneath this small flap. I honestly don't understand the utility of this, but there it is. I mean, if someone steals your wallet, who cares if you have hidden cash? You trying to smite the thieves somehow? "Bet that fucker will never find the $20 I stashed in there!" And if not, are you worried about people seeing your bills? Is this a thing?
IMG_0363.JPG

Here's the wallet full of the 10 and 10
IMG_0364.JPG

I couldn't get it to stay reasonably closed so I had to apply very light pressure to get the pic. I tried not to influence the measurement by much. As you can see, its roughly the same height at the Tumi, but its a little narrower and shorter in size overall due to the design and less pockets.
IMG_0365.JPG

Lastly, the Bellamy Note Sleeve wallet. This is the Blue Steel color. Again, completely washed out due to the desk lamp. Its very close in color to the Tumi. A bit more grey in it I'd say. This is the smallest wallet of the bunch.
IMG_0367.JPG

Inside its got 3 card pockets on the flaps, a card slot underneath the right flap with a little pull tab thingy (more on that in a bit), a cash area, a card slot on the inside of the cash area, and a "hidden" card slot on the inside of the cash area.

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

Here's the "main" card slot on the inside of the cash area:
IMG_0371.JPG

This is the "hidden" card slot underneath this flap. You could fit two standard credit cards in there.
IMG_0372.JPG

This one is pretty slim empty:

IMG_0374.JPG

And full of the 10 and 10. Again, I'm just keeping the flap in place here, not pressing down. You can see its the skinniest of the bunch.
IMG_0375.JPG

Here's the instruction card that comes with it:
IMG_0376.JPG

Now, that pull tab thingy. So this would be storage for cards and other things you wouldn't be using on a normal basis. You pull the tabs and the cards come out with it:
IMG_0377.jpg

In practice I found it both interesting and annoying. Interesting in that it obviously made it easier to get at that inner pocket and slide the cards right out. Annoying, because I found that when you put the cards back, the cards didn't always push the slide tab back fully, and you kind of had to manually manipulate it back in by reaching underneath. If you don't get the flap back it makes the wallet annoying to close. I cannot say if this would improve or get worse with time and/or a different assortment of cards.

IMAG0504.jpg

Custom Motörhead warpig cufflinks from Deakins & Francis out of oxidized sterling silver with diamond eyes. Just arrived yesterday.

Alright, lets start with the reviews on the shit I bought. To start, this is my old Coach card case. Its currently holding 10 different cards:

View attachment 8784

View attachment 8785

And here's the Coach money clip holding 10 bills:

View attachment 8786

Money clip and card case together, to gauge for size:

View attachment 8787

And here's a shot of how much the money clip weighs:

View attachment 8778

Next post will be a M-Clip money clip review

Is that what you use to sell blow?

Alright, I'll admit, those are pretty bad ass.

How much did that run you doghouse doghouse ?

They weren't cheap, because I had to pay for the die's to be made. Several hundred bucks. But I imagine that you could get some now for a bit less, especially if you left the diamond eyes off. If anyone has any interest, PM and I'd be happy to ask D&F about it.

They weren't cheap, because I had to pay for the die's to be made. Several hundred bucks. But I imagine that you could get some now for a bit less, especially if you left the diamond eyes off. If anyone has any interest, PM and I'd be happy to ask D&F about it.
Find out. Maybe it could be a forum special group buy!

Very few money clips that work well with bills folded in two or at all

I swear the "roll of bills" is the way to go and all you need is an elastic
View attachment 8820

I've never got into money clips. They end up adding a fair amount of bulk to your front pockets and I find having to re-fold cash to fit into them neatly a hassle. It's the same with a lot of card cases meant for your front pockets, when you try and store cash in them. No one wants a George Costanza wallet, but there are plenty of streamlined options on the market that can hold your cards and a few bills without making your ass look bad.

IMG_0306.JPG
Nearly four years and still love it, but I am carrying three fewer cards these days and now the fit is a bit sloppy. Before I handed in my two purchase cards it was perfect - continued to stretch as my number of cards expanded. I know I got it off Etsy but can't recall the seller.

Been using this for a while. I love it

IMG_1882.JPG
IMG_1883.JPG

I also have a breast wallet, but i barely use it.

So I've had a Bellroy Card Pocket as my main wallet for 5 years and the zipper finally packed it in.

Ordered another one because it worked well as a small front pocket wallet that could hold a ton of cards plus have room for a bit more. It does hold 15+ cards and other wallet detritus.

Recycled paper packaging and the wallet, which is filled up with cards. Caramel colour darkens nicely over time to a dark brown.

Veg tanned leather becomes very supple over time. Bellroy is very green and all about sustainability if that matter.

$78 CDN ($61 USD with shipping and taxes as it is shipped from a Canadian distribution point). Free shipping and 5% GST

Good value for the money and it would have lasted longer if the zipper hadn't pooched from me stuffing it beyond its recommended limit.

IMG_9809.JPG

Comparison of the old and new
IMG_9803.JPG

Thickness after loading with 13 cards and some other paper bits. 3/4" (18mm) thick.

2.6" (66mm) x 4" (103mm)

IMG_9806.JPG

One change is the move from a seamless end to a stitched one. Time will tell if this will have any effect on longevity

IMG_9807.JPG

Zipper is the same

IMG_9808.JPG

Small size. Big capacity
IMG_9810.JPG

Construction is solid & shows minimal wear over the 5 years
IMG_9811.JPG

IMG_9812.JPG

IMG_9813.JPG

Just picked this up of eBay

D6530779-6A37-440C-AEE7-C220ABCDB105.jpeg

Attachments

• 6A02D22A-3949-4A20-9D56-8FA0A94249F1.jpeg
    6A02D22A-3949-4A20-9D56-8FA0A94249F1.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 260
I like my old tattered Levi's wallet,
has been with me for over 15 years
One of the few things I destroyed myself over time and did not buy already destroyed by someone else.

i have a Secrid twin wallet. I love it. Don't come in green leather though.....

secrid-slim-wallet.jpg

I bought the double card holder version this afternoon. Being a dumb ass I drove to the workshop where they make them which happens to be 5 minutes from my office and right next to a brewery and alehouse with 200 beers on tap. Then they sent me to a place in The Passage in The Hague as I was only interested in buying one. I just got the black version, no fancy croc malarkey for me, Euros 75, neat looking and beats my ageing Mountblanc wallet hands down:

IMG_1008.JPG

You won't regret it. I paid around the same price, but I bought mine online ( a Finnish or Estonian website)

Quite happy with me. The only negative point is that the leather wrapping the case has stretched a bit too much after stuffing the wallet with papers. Not a deal but worth to mention.

Last edited:
Hey shills, I am looking for a dark green grenadine tie - What are your recommendations? Currently Sam Hober is my only option afaik.

Hey shills, I am looking for a dark green grenadine tie - What are your recommendations? Currently Sam Hober is my only option afaik.

not a recommendation - I’ve never seen his ties in person.

I have a nice one from Shibumi Firenze, from a couple of season ago. Not sure they still carry it, but worth checking

You won't regret it. I paid around the same price, but I bought mine online ( a Finnish or Estonian website)

Quite happy with me. The only negative point is that the leather wrapping the case has stretched a bit too much after stuffing the wallet with papers. Not a deal but worth to mention.

I recently got the no-thrills smaller version, for when you just need a couple of cards and no back-up/money:

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

View attachment 20546 Nearly four years and still love it, but I am carrying three fewer cards these days and now the fit is a bit sloppy. Before I handed in my two purchase cards it was perfect - continued to stretch as my number of cards expanded. I know I got it off Etsy but can't recall the seller.

After seven years I replaced in with another One Star front pocket wallet. I’m going to try to keep it to 7 cards and not stretch beyond that.

A49DEA09-1FA8-4940-A321-D16A0F8EC1AE.jpeg

That is nice. I don't regret my purchase. Very happy/ The only issue is that on my jeans the metal edges marks the back pockets.

Better to put in the front pocket.

I've been out once since the first lockdown and whilst sitting on a slightly cold barge on a canal, my friend pulled out his Secrid and said ''I bet you haven't got one of these...'' So I whipped out mine in a middle aged version of I will show you mine if you show me yours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom