Adventures in Bespoke Tailoring

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
Well, order is in. Fitting Wed after next in D.C.

Scabal will be in the usual 3 pc., 2 button I usually get. The H&S linen I'm going max summertime mode with a 2pc, flat front trousers, 1/2 lined. Also some horn buttons so I can use the jacket and trousers as separates. Getting this for my trip to Dubai in March.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
Picked up my custom navy trousers made for braces (worked out well....my first pair from this tailor). Placed another order for an identical pair in dark gray. Might post pics when l have my I.T man show me how to do it.

Also ordered two bespoke shirts from my shirtmaker.
- red/white medium width bengal stripe with pocket and barrel cuffs cut for no tie
- blue/white fine width bengal stripe with pocket and barrel cuffs cut for no tie

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
What colour is that, French Blue?

Nice pair of Adelaides too. Who are the maker?
I have to be honest, I got a second suit just because I liked the color so much when I was looking at swatches I was really there to order a mid blue linen. It's pretty close to French blue, but actually got some green in it, the camera makes it look a lot brighter than it is.

Shoes are JLP.

Last edited:
Ratings
Doing my tweed research for a bespoke tweed coat. Currently looking at this thread for inspiration.
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-official-tweed-appreciation-thread.268410/page-172

Likely to get either an olive herringbone tweed or a brownish or reddish gunclub check or houndstooth. Even a dark brown donegal tweed could be good. A heavy fabric and likely a rough tweed.

Next year is the year of tweed commissions with various type of tweed used for coats and dark donegal tweed trousers on the list. I love tweed very much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom