Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

tumblr_os7pc7Yg081r8bgano1_1280.jpg

Not a fan of that dark navy polo with that jacket. Would be better if it were a suit.

are you saying you want me to wear the dark navy polo with a suit, or that you want me to wear a suit made out of the fabric of the jacket?

either way, what the fuck are you talking about

are you saying you want me to wear the dark navy polo with a suit, or that you want me to wear a suit made out of the fabric of the jacket?

either way, what the fuck are you talking about

No need to swear, dear. Let me spell it out for you:

I don't like the dark polo with the light grey pants and light blue jacket. Either change for a lighter polo (white perhaps), or change the jacket to match the trousers or the trousers to match the jacket. Or just don't wear the jacket. Capiche?

I don't like the dark polo with the light grey pants and light blue jacket. Either change for a lighter polo (white perhaps), or change the jacket to match the trousers or the trousers to match the jacket. Or just don't wear the jacket. Capiche?
Short-sleeve polo (or anything) with a jacket is "horrible form" no matter how you slice it. (I suppose that phrase parses #menswear's understanding of that most conspicuous Italian word.) It is especially glaring in a case where the person seems to have paid attention to just about everything else including the angle of the natural light and the backdrop.

Major fail.

Viaattovannucci avatar is Sir Kenneth Clark of TV 'Civilisation' fame.

I have been watching it again on the iplayer. He likes his tweed suits. All his trousers are cut with a high rise, so you never see shirt below the suit button. Also wears that check coat and a trilby in the last programme. Proper old skool toff, comfortable in his clothes.

Pants are tan, adjust your monitor

Also, I can't wait for you to get to California with that kind of thinking; when is that happening again anyway?

This is the version of the California West Coast I like to believe in, in this universe Hell's Angels gangs just don't exist:

fd448485d7d4907a6b2f93269c0cf018--jazz-art-jazz-club.jpg

MI0001446226.jpg

untitled.png

William Claxton - JWC 3.jpg

Last edited:
Pants are tan, adjust your monitor

Also, I can't wait for you to get to California with that kind of thinking; when is that happening again anyway?

Oof tan pants with that jacket? That's even worse. Really should be light grey.

I don't care what normal Californians wear, they're free to do as they like and I won't critique.

However, I do care what Californians who-ask-their-wife-to-take-pictures-of-them-and-post-it-on-menswear-fora-but-then-can't-handle-critique-and-start-swearing wear, and I will definitely critique those kind of people.

I believe you fall in the latter category, so you're more than fair game, buddy.

Last edited:
I'm thinking there might be a documentary/novel/reality TV show in following Monkey's move to SoCal

I'm not your buddy, guy
Oh my bad, I thought we were buddies but it's cool.
I just saw what looked like a good fit and so I posted on here but it seems like the folks here disagree despite the fact that their fits are pretty shitty (the ones that do post here).

He always wears T&A bespoke shirts with a Regency style high collar does Prince Michael of Kent. A very distinct style, I've seen no one else sport the same collar.

I like this frayed collar look:

tumblr_ol4sxw7J9V1qlei6zo1_1280.jpg

It reeks of confidence and not giving a shit about what others think. It's the English sangfroid embodied, quite distinct and seperate from the concept of sprezza.

^I believe that he also has ties custom-made so as to achieve his "long" tie knot - I don't know who the maker is, though.

He always wears T&A bespoke shirts with a Regency style high collar does Prince Michael of Kent. A very distinct style, I've seen no one else sport the same collar.

I like this frayed collar look:

View attachment 24071

It reeks of confidence and not giving a shit about what others think. It's the English sangfroid embodied, quite distinct and seperate from the concept of sprezza.

He also did being owned by the Russians before it was cool.

He also did being owned by the Russians before it was cool.

Whatever those payments were for and no doubt there were for something, perhaps dealing with the restablishment of the Romanov monarchy within in Russia, he still has style in abundance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom