Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

I've found in a Japanese blog the only picture I could find of the cut of the tailor J.M.Blasi, one of the few left in my city, Barcelona.

brasisuitsmaking.jpg

The cut is different from what I've seen from Italy, France or UK.

I've found in a Japanese blog the only picture I could find of the cut of the tailor J.M.Blasi, one of the few left in my city, Barcelona.

View attachment 26638

The cut is different from what I've seen from Italy, France or UK.

At least the armholes don't reach the pockets, that automatically makes it better than other spanish badspoke...

25354084_10103617041142352_2362067295730321478_n.jpg

download.jpg

24993176_10103617031721232_5458683483289079719_n.jpg

25289430_10103616939860322_5839291154972535671_n.jpg

download-2.jpg

blog-Gregory-Peck-oliver-peoples-01.jpg

GP.jpg

Bonus, "The Notorious Air Tie" (or is it?):

peck_portrait.jpg

Attachments

• peck_portrait.jpg
    peck_portrait.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 143
  • blog-Gregory-Peck-oliver-peoples-01.jpg
    blog-Gregory-Peck-oliver-peoples-01.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 148
If he posted those on a #menswear forum today everyone would say jackets too big

So much to learn...

Spalla camicia is as spalla camicia does. I don't think it has its place in business attire. But that's just me.

Shall we lay bets on the next iGent fashion cycle? Because the TuttoNapoli-unstructured-turn-ups-spallawotsit-floppy-tie craze is bound to blow over at some point.

Which reminds me of the time Hardy Amies prediced the Suit Of The Future. It was the early 1960s. So his predictions looked like silly caricatures of the Beatles at their silliest: drainpipe trousers tucked into Chelsea boots (!), button stance six inches above the breastbone, jacket that's practically bumfreezer, and a tiny bowtie to top it all off. I'll post the picture in the disagreeable thread if I find it.

The cut looks from the shilled Gheyanni one right?, but as only the good part is seen, looks good.

The shoulder seems more or less natural and not pagoda (could be due to stance), doesn't Pirozzi cut a pagoda shoulder?

Spalla camicia is as spalla camicia does. I don't think it has its place in business attire. But that's just me.

Shall we lay bets on the next iGent fashion cycle? Because the TuttoNapoli-unstructured-turn-ups-spallawotsit-floppy-tie craze is bound to blow over at some point.

Which reminds me of the time Hardy Amies prediced the Suit Of The Future. It was the early 1960s. So his predictions looked like silly caricatures of the Beatles at their silliest: drainpipe trousers tucked into Chelsea boots (!), button stance six inches above the breastbone, jacket that's practically bumfreezer, and a tiny bowtie to top it all off. I'll post the picture in the disagreeable thread if I find it.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/advice-on-really-bad-shoulder-divots-please.597186/

I think there's a lesson here for the rest of us, and I shall quote Bernhard Roetzel (yes, I know you chaps don't like him). "Don't expect a bespoke suit to fit like a glove. Only a glove fits like a glove."

The shoulder seems more or less natural and not pagoda (could be due to stance), doesn't Pirozzi cut a pagoda shoulder?

Pirozzi will get you whatever you like best (that's including his own opinion, of course)
Pagoda
Insalatamista
Rollin'
Manica a mappina

You're the lord, you order

laughing all the way to the bank. another free bespoke for gianni

Yes, but it fits.

He has recently reviewed (and shilled) for some tailors and shoemakers from Milan. Alò and Tommasso, Sartoria Ricciardi, Giacoppelli...all humble artisans trying to step up their game, maybe scammed by Gianni Cacarruti.

Yes, but it fits.

He has recently reviewed (and shilled) for some tailors and shoemakers from Milan. Alò and Tommasso, Sartoria Ricciardi, Giacoppelli...all humble artisans trying to step up their game, maybe scammed by Gianni Cacarruti.
he is a masterful shiller. and marta foulds’ pig hoofs all over this one again too. insta account and email setup for the ignorant tailor

View attachment 26815

Milanese at its best. Al César lo que es del César.

It fits, and rather well, but doesn't look like that tailor knows how to flatter his form

A little shoulder extension wouldn't hurt, his head looks huge oval and he looks potbellied in that giacca

although I'm sure it's mostly Gianni's fault

Buttoning point too high and if the lapel doesn't roll to the bottom it makes no sense to undo the top.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom