All About Watches

New JLC Polaris range...

What say you...?

JLC Polaris.jpg

I found a super-cheap flieger band for my old Hammy - new watch dilemma resolved for now. Though it does feel a little Man in the High Castle.
22014910-59A1-432D-BE89-7317E45E7F99.jpeg

I still want to try a left handed watch someday.

The one with the black face and broad arrow proof is purdy!

I wonder if 36mm would seem small by today's corpulent standards?

Edit:
smithsmil19.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Seiko solar diver. Could be better with less fonts.’X’ below Seiko could go. ‘Solar’ could be smaller font as could ‘PADI’ . PADI does not really need to be on the face though.

Bracelet may be a bit shiny, but it extends easily to go over a wet suit. It’s a SEIKO. It will run forever. You don’t need to worry about battery changing. It is not expensive.

https://www.watcho.co.uk/watches/se...di-special-edition-solar-mens-watch-sne435p1/

Would be much nicer if it wasn't for these little lumps on the wristband. Seems like they gave it this look intenionally.

The Tudor GMT is proving to be as hard to come by as its big brother in the UK. I've yet to see one in the flesh as it were.

The only 'problem' I can perceive, is that it may be seen as a wannabe watch, a substitute for those who can't afford the 'real thing'. A kind of flanker to use a perfumery term.

Not quite made my mind up about dual-coloured bezels. Don't mind the GMT complication though.

The only 'problem' I can perceive, is that it may be seen as a wannabe watch, a substitute for those who can't afford the 'real thing'. A kind of flanker to use a perfumery term.

I think that held true for Tudor of the past, but in this case (pardon the pun) the beefy little brother upstages the slightly overweight older bro who seems to have gone soft in his old age - what with the ill-proportioned case, self-parodying EXROLEXROLEX branding and blingy bracelets.

From a technical POV there is virtually nothing to separate the two but the Tudor is by far the more congruent design IMO.

It really only loses in comparison to a vintage pepsi, but then most watches do.

Funnily enough my brother has ust got the Rolex GMT II with the green second time zone and black bezel. I was somewhat surprised as he normally goes for IWC fakes and the likes. It enabled me to start my missus would divorce me if she found out I spent that on a watch routine and then the missus said oh no she wouldn't and has no problem with me buying a Rolex....which gave me an idea, but not for long as I'm skint at the moment.

The Tudor range is spot-on at present and no longer carries the poor man's Rolex status.

A Panda is the one big hole in my watches.

Panda's and the reverse (evil) Panda seem to be back into fashion at the mo, probally riding on the back of the Newman 'tona.

Common in 60s and 70s, its nice to see them back as they have wonderful vintage look.

Panda's and the reverse (evil) Panda seem to be back into fashion at the mo, probally riding on the back of the Newman 'tona.

Common in 60s and 70s, its nice to see them back as they have wonderful vintage look.

Reverse doesn't do much for me, but I am getting a little swept up in the vintage mania at the moment. Has to be a very specific aesthetic I think for the panda to work, but when it's right, it's dead on.

I was watching the classic cycling movie Sunday in Hell the other day, and this cafe with 60's/70's wallpaper totally tickled me.

Cafe.jpg

Reverse doesn't do much for me, but I am getting a little swept up in the vintage mania at the moment. Has to be a very specific aesthetic I think for the panda to work, but when it's right, it's dead on.

I was watching the classic cycling movie Sunday in Hell the other day, and this cafe with 60's/70's wallpaper totally tickled me.

View attachment 31064

Groovy.

I've actually been in houses that still have that 70s style wallpaper in certain rooms.

I find the current vintage phenomenon interesting, especially in an era defined by connectivity and the internet of things.

There's a book there, or at the least, a thesis for someone...

And Miles:

untitled.png

And for those of us without a cool US$7.8MM burning a hole in one's pocket, there's lways Steinhart:

Capture.JPG

CaptureDay.JPG

The director still has a role here on tv, every year they send the tour. A real legend.

In a semi-biography he fantasised about his 17 year old Haitian housemaid, and was false accused of holding her as a sex-slave. He was away from tv for 3 years.

The more you know: We have a new lightrail in town. As a pun on his last name Leth = light, he does the speak in two of the trains. Actually just found out, that he grew up in the neighbourhood where I live.

Last edited:
Eric Crapton rocking his Universal Geneve Tri-Compax panda. Who's the bloke on the left?

clapton.jpg

In a semi-biography he fantasised about his 17 year old Haitian housemaid, and was false accused of holding her as a sex-slave. He was away from tv for 3 years.

The more you know: We have a new lightrail in town. As a pun on his last name Leth = light, he does the speak in two of the trains. Actually just found out, that he grew up in the neighbourhood where I live.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I heard about the movie bit, didn't realize he was back on TV.

He is a pretty interesting dude. A little kooky, but I guess all the avant garde types are.

nothing spectacular - I bought this one - NY0081-10L
https://citizenasialimited.com/

at first, I thought I wouldn't wear it and sell it, when the expected price hike is on the peak. nvm. I didn't buy the full set version, so this wasn't a reasonable plan.

here are some nice pictures and what people - probably citizen nerds - think about it.
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f905/new-citizen-promaster-fugu-automatic-ny0081-10l-4825725.html

well, one reason for me to have one of these, is the fact, that I have the forerunner, which is nicer, imo.

the new one has a very technical and accurate vibe, while the NY-004 provides a nice vintage look and feel.

two watches with a place in watch-history for whopping threehundred bucks is not a misery in my book, ymmv.

btw, I prefer citizen over seiko ..., but of course don't mind a nice vintage seiko.

ps: captain willard is calling my name, not sure if I'm ready to go over 1k ...

I have a Citizen solar dive watch. Just wear it and forget about it until clocks move back or forward or days in month change. Red and blue bezel, rubber strap. Date box could be larger and screw down mechanism less fiddly.

nothing spectacular - I bought this one - NY0081-10L
https://citizenasialimited.com/

at first, I thought I wouldn't wear it and sell it, when the expected price hike is on the peak. nvm. I didn't buy the full set version, so this wasn't a reasonable plan.

here are some nice pictures and what people - probably citizen nerds - think about it.
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f905/new-citizen-promaster-fugu-automatic-ny0081-10l-4825725.html

well, one reason for me to have one of these, is the fact, that I have the forerunner, which is nicer, imo.

the new one has a very technical and accurate vibe, while the NY-004 provides a nice vintage look and feel.

two watches with a place in watch-history for whopping threehundred bucks is not a misery in my book, ymmv.

btw, I prefer citizen over seiko ..., but of course don't mind a nice vintage seiko.

ps: captain willard is calling my name, not sure if I'm ready to go over 1k ...

Looks pretty good to me, along with the Seiko divers you can't go wrong.

I like these Citizen's the Chronomaster only available in Japan on the grey market and the Eco-One super svelte wafer:

Chronomaster.JPG

Eco-Drive One.JPG

Looks pretty good to me, along with the Seiko divers you can't go wrong.

I like these Citizen's the Chronomaster only available in Japan on the grey market and the Eco-One super svelte wafer:

View attachment 31096
View attachment 31097
i saw the top one as well but $2500 for that seemed like a bridge too far when it came to Citizen. some of the guys on that forum think they're the bees knees. i've always liked this model

7591.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom