Amazing Motor Racing Footage

Possibly the greatest lap in motor racing history... at Monaco, he out qualified all the top drivers in the world by 1.5 seconds... in F1 terms its the equivalent of winning the Tour De France by 2 hours, the World Cup Final 12 - 0, the super bowl 75 - 3, and an NBA Finals game 140 - 50. Its the most astonishing lap I've ever seen. The car control exhibited here is beyond belief.

Yes, I've seen in twice. Its a brilliant portrayal. It really gets at his essence.

Watch the Top Gear tribute, its also very good:

Holy shit a couple scenes gave me chills. Can you imagine driving along, getting bumped and spinning around and then going 180Mph backwards?

I know. GP2 (that vid) is full of kids who are all extremely aggressive, all trying to make a name for themselves and get to Formula 1. Makes for some serious crashes.

What's amazing is they all walk away.

Phoenix 1990 Senna vs Alesi. One of the finest defenses of position against the greatest racing driver ever.

Fuck man, terrifying. Brake failure.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I don't give a shit about racing one way or another, but some of these videos are pretty cool.

I don't give a shit about racing one way or another, but some of these videos are pretty cool.

Thanks. Here is another. I wish it were better video quality. The driving is top class, but money shot here is towards the end, the in car footage really gives you perspective on what it must be like to drive these cars in the rain.

Excellent documentary. Titled "1". You really understand how dangerous this shit was in the 60's and 70's.

Op you see Senna? One of the best documentaries of the last ten years. I went into it blind and was blown away.

It is great. It amazes me how at the end he kinda feels wht it's going to happen, he never smiled in that practice and not even at the start of the race. What I liked a lot, is when Prost says that Senna is dangerous because he believed that God make him invencible.

This is why rallying is super sick but incredible... short clip but just look how fast that car is going.

Last edited:
The Dakar is harsh on mankind.

This is an hour long, but if you flip thru it, you'll see some amazing in-car footage from way back. Their bravery was amazing.

This was interesting. For anyone that still things those big old cars are safer than modern cars, this should settle it:

This is interesting:

Another incredibly close call.

Wow, this is pretty spectacular. The in-car shot is amazing. I don't know how these drivers handle these things. The slo mo in the 2nd vid is amazing.

Last edited:
This was the golden era of rallying. The first minute or 2 is boring, but there is some sick footage. From '82 to '86 the cars were basically unlimited. These cars were unbelievably fast, so much faster than a modern rally car, and much, much harder to drive. These were some brave drivers.

Another dragster explodes. Amazing car control, watch the slo mo.

I don't know why I get satisfaction at seeing some rich oil prick getting his due for speeding.

This is the era where there were just no safety precautions. These guys were taking huge risks and paid dearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom