Apple, Android, Smart & Dumbphones - The Mobile Thread

I did Force Stop on every app I could and now the lag is gone. Surely there is an automatic function for this in Android 12.

I upgraded to Android 13. There's an option now to kill background apps. Previously I had to install KillApps just to free up memory.

Reasonably impressed with Android 13. It seems faster even if you open a few apps together. Not quite sure why the lock screen needed to change though.

I personally went through bluetooth headsets from BeatsX, random Chinese knock off, Bose Sport, JBL, Jabra and now have 3 ear buds from Samsung + another Bose + Sony.

Noise cancelling is great if I want to listen to a call, but I find it gives a false impression you can speak in a softer tone. In your world things sound great but to the other person your voice is often very distant/far away.

I find people complained the least about my voice quality when using Jabra and my old Bose. People often complain about the Sony and Samsung ones. I only use JBL to listen to podcasts for workouts now since the microphone is practically unusable.

Batteries always seem to die out after more than a year of use (mostly Mon-Fri).

I was going through some old photographs from the 2017 and I was a regular user of in ear wired headphones. I'm thinking I might want to go back to that.

I finally figured out there is a Night Light mode for Android like iOS. Shows you how much I know about it.

I bought this Android One mobile because they said 3 years of updates. It's so well supported that after 2 years they moved the support forum to Discord and didn't even bother to set up a tag for my model.

At least someone decided to fix the Android 13 monthly update which hasn't worked since August or September.

I'm using SwiftKey on Android. I am starting to hate it. I don't know how it devolved into "in" comes in as "IN", and so many other idiotic word suggestions.

It's irritating me almost as much as the iOS keyboard.

In general I think virtual keyboards suck.

I thought it was another VR thing but it reads more like AR like the old Google glasses.

One more step before they stick iPhone in your eye.

I have a Nokia upgraded to Android 13. A few months ago my carrier said you need to update your APN settings to continue MMS and data functions. I couldn't update my APN because it looks like it gets all the settings from the carrier or on the SIM card.

This past Sunday I lost MMS and started losing random messages on Telegram and WhatsApp unless I open the app in Wi-Fi. I tried pulling the SIM out, reset APN to defaults - I didn't reset to factory default - and finally resorted to downloading an APK that somehow (if I filled in *all* relevant fields not just the updated MMSC proxy) that added an APN entry that I could finally selectin Android settings again. Why do I have to download an app just to add an APN? Why can't I modify the existing APN? Android is baffling.

I have a Nokia upgraded to Android 13. A few months ago my carrier said you need to update your APN settings to continue MMS and data functions. I couldn't update my APN because it looks like it gets all the settings from the carrier or on the SIM card.

This past Sunday I lost MMS and started losing random messages on Telegram and WhatsApp unless I open the app in Wi-Fi. I tried pulling the SIM out, reset APN to defaults - I didn't reset to factory default - and finally resorted to downloading an APK that somehow (if I filled in *all* relevant fields not just the updated MMSC proxy) that added an APN entry that I could finally selectin Android settings again. Why do I have to download an app just to add an APN? Why can't I modify the existing APN? Android is baffling.
Really? Is Nokia still in business?

Really? Is Nokia still in business?

HMD still makes them but I just searched because you piqued me to and it looks like they will retain the Nokia name for special limited edition devices going forward in 2024.

Mine's shattered in the corner and big cracks across the screen but amazingly it still works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom