Bolt Manipulates Diamond League 100m field in

Thruth

Big Winter Daddy
olo. So Andre Degrasse, who ran a wind aided 9.69 100 this year was in the last Diamond League 100 race before the World Championships and was punted.

Apparently Bolt does not want an elite field to compete against especially before the worlds.

Wait, what happened? I was keeping up with the diamond league earlier but haven't had a chance lately

Wait, what happened? I was keeping up with the diamond league earlier but haven't had a chance lately

Andre Degrasse was in the field for for the 100m on Friday in Monaco and then he was informed that he was no longer in the field.

Bolt gets a say who can be in/out of the starting field.

It won't be an issue soon. That said, as much as I respect De Grasse as someone from my hometown, I doubt he will ever get sub 9.7. Sure maybe he could have beaten a 9.95 Bolt this past weekend but it would have been a hollow victory. Even last year in Rio for every stride Bolt took, De Grasse had to take two so there is an upper limit to his potential, and a steep downward curve once his speed starts to diminish.

Prima donnas always get the rules bent a little bit their way. That's reinforces their prima donna status. It happens in every sport once the sport and the media have a vested interest in your continued domination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom