Featured Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Discussion in 'Men's Clothing' started by Thruth, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Pimpernel Smith

Pimpernel Smith Well-Known Member

Not quite, I wouldn't go to Spain to get that high.

I find Madrid rather conservative, as is Spanish culture in general despite Pedro Almodovar.

By way of contrast, this week the new Dutch cabinet is unveiled, plenty of monstrosities going on there, the biggest one being the mohair freaky shoes chap next to the King on the right:

MKIII cabinet.jpg

sirloin and ConchitaWurst like this.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Degenerate royal elites.

Lumpen likes this.
  3. Great White Snark

Great White Snark Well-Known Member

I’d rather see a colourful pic like this with a bit of imagination shown (despite the misfires) than the sea of navy and charcoal you get with US and UK cabinet ministers.

4. dreamspace

dreamspace Member

It just hit me that the Spanish type of lapel (lower gorge, kinda rounded lapel, and with a more open notch) is almost similar to 80's and 90's Oxxford. In fact, it's similar to a ton of suits from that era. Very outdated today.

Lumpen likes this.
  5. TheUntermensch

TheUntermensch Well-Known Member

All I see there is a sea of sky blues and light greys, and a sea of blue ties.

QuandoDio likes this.
  6. Pimpernel Smith

That's politicians for you: rock 'n roll for ugly people.

I thought there's a reason why celebs and politicians generally sport plain or simple colours and pattern as too complex checks and the likes use to be an issue with cameras and video tape.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  7. Lumpen

Lumpen Well-Known Member

I paid 50 euros/hour on unnoficial Maserati dealer before being lumpen. Repainting a full car was 2000e instead of 6000e with the exact can of paint.

One of the few Ferrari-Bentley-Porsche approved mechanichs who doesn´t charge 150 euros per hour as the official fee is.

Humillating thing was that normal not highend brands was 30e/h on the exact place with the same mechanics.

Now I am happy to never pay the metro 1 euro bill and run when the supervicer comes.

8. Lumpen

Lumpen Well-Known Member

Ostreria el Sarna

sarna

1. nombre femenino
      Enfermedad contagiosa de la piel causada por un parásito, llamado arador de la sarna, que se introduce debajo de esta y que se alimenta de las células superficiales; se caracteriza por la presencia de una multitud de vesículas que producen picor.

9. Lumpen

Lumpen Well-Known Member

24294309_1651881894891671_8260421158344126032_n.jpg

aristoi bcn, Jupiter and CesareRomiti like this.
  10. rdiaz

rdiaz Well-Known Member

dat for our dear arsetocrat?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 3:06 AM
  11. Jupiter

Does it fit or unfit? That's the question.

Do you start a trousermaker business?

12. dreamspace

dreamspace Member

How about a $2800 jogger suit? from the instagram famous iBro (wear), and Tom Ford copycat, Musika Frere.

[​IMG]

Lumpen likes this.
  13. Lumpen

Lumpen Well-Known Member

Took that puzzle from toofunny sartorial

aristoi bcn likes this.
  14. Pimpernel Smith

CesareRomiti likes this.
  15. dreamspace

dreamspace Member

What's the deal with every Asian iGent copying or wearing Liverano-style suits and jackets, is it the official uniform over there? Some of the coats start to look like morning coats from front.

rdiaz, aristoi bcn and CesareRomiti like this.
  16. TheUntermensch

Pictures or I can't get the snark up.

17. Kingstonian

Kingstonian Well-Known Member

Danish dressing up poster who was mentioned on Ask Andy. Not so many of these around now apart from the people of Fedora Lounge. Cardcaptor Charlie was the last one I recall - used to make his own kit for top hat and tails. All dressed up but nowhere to go. Extra parts in costume dramas is probably his best bet.

https://www.instagram.com/haethaenstat/

18. rdiaz

rdiaz Well-Known Member

I like how his stuff looks and fits, but it's indeed too cosplayish and I hope he dresses up for the pics just as a hobby and doesn't actually go anywhere dressed like that.

19. TheUntermensch

He does.
    http://haethaenstat.blogspot.fr/p/photos-of-my-attire.html

And it's doesn't look too shabby either. It's a lot less cosplay than the Rubinacci types.

20. fxh

fxh OG Party Suit Wearer Supporter

I don't mind some of these blokes when they are serious and go hard. They can do a service is showing others how it used to be and what these things actually look like in real life. Many of them do a real service by archiving stuff.

21. dreamspace

dreamspace Member

And in IT Support, no less.

I can only image what the guys in Bangalore think upon seeing this guy for the first time over skype, in his chalkstripe DB suit from the 40's.

But yeah, seems like his fits are nice. Some good outfits, but he looks like an extra for some period drama.

aristoi bcn likes this.
  22. Pimpernel Smith

They're not archiving it, they're out there wearing it for real in some reverse-archival anthropology technique. Dressing like an Edwardian to see how it works today. The problem being that despite the good cuts, he will stand out for undue attention as a bit of an eccentric loon. You can get away with one attribute, especially in IT, but not two together.

Aye, put a fez on him and he could get the part of Dr Watson:
    images.jpg

FriendCustomer and CesareRomiti like this.
  23. prince nez

prince nez Well-Known Member Supporter

SF flashers’ conference

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol waiting for the Lord to come home so he can park the Daimler?

[​IMG]

24. Kingstonian

Amateur dramatics might be a good outlet. Some people like dressing up. Steam punk types do similar but they mostly all look the same.

25. Kingstonian

WildBlue likes this.
  26. Scherensammler

Scherensammler Well-Known Member

Bum freezer jacket for chubby guy, just like the teacher is wearing:

The original:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 8:12 AM
    Capstone, Jupiter and FriendCustomer like this.
  27. rdiaz

rdiaz Well-Known Member

Pimpernel Smith and aristoi bcn like this.
  28. FriendCustomer

FriendCustomer Awful Tie Aficionado

He’s the teacher, please brush up on your lingo.

29. FriendCustomer

31019023-BF51-4BA1-9804-8DCCD4461009.png

Paris olololo. That room is kitted out for Tuson Arizona or some other southwestern retirement community. Or one of Saddam Hussein’s Bagdad love nests. Must be a one of the dreaded Parisian no go zones where that guy is serving sandwich grec shawarma.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 9:09 AM
  30. Scherensammler

Look how beautiful the lapels sit on ye olde TEACHER when his jacket is not buttoned:

What I don't get is how #influencers can praise this awful stuff. Hardly anything he makes fits at least reasonably well.
    All his stuff is too tight in the fronts and in some cases it's so obvious I get the feeling ye olde TEACHER must be half blind and/ or knows f*ck all about cutting...

31. rdiaz

rdiaz Well-Known Member

there's no fricken way he can button that thing up... and isn't that black, burnt tyre smelling fussing on the tall man's lapels?

32. Scherensammler

Not sure, but some tailors put fine cotton or lining on the lapel part to make the pad stitching sink in so it doesn't show on the outside (can happen with delicate cloths in linen and/ or certain colours).
    Our TrioInfernale™ should know more...

aristoi bcn likes this.
  33. rdiaz

rdiaz Well-Known Member

Hope so. Though looking at how this stuff fits I wouldn't be surprised to see fusing...

34. Jupiter

It raises a lot of questions when you know he is the former head cutter of Liverano. 3000 uros for such a crap? Super tight cut and also super short. Is it a florentine specialty?

aristoi bcn likes this.
  35. Jupiter

I don't think there is any fusing. The torso and waist are cutted too tight. Bad measurements. On the danish the closing button is way too high and the jacket way too short. We had this discussion with our german scottish friend few months ago. But his intouchables customers are certainly happy with the product. Notice the creases on his thigh. He'll explode the pant after few months.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 9:19 AM
    BespeakUK and FriendCustomer like this.
  36. FriendCustomer

It is beyond comprehension why anyone would use this Teacher. All tests failed.

QuandoDio, Capstone, Thruth and 4 others like this.
  37. CesareRomiti

CesareRomiti Well-Known Member

Any kind of napolisumisura is better than this
    Also cisterno if you want something in a real florentine style

QuandoDio, prince nez, Thruth and 3 others like this.
  38. FriendCustomer

793D4C9D-CDDF-4909-829A-FE687F46AE85.jpeg 599F0603-65D5-4774-9083-8B9A88CD7D02.jpeg

39. CesareRomiti

CesareRomiti Well-Known Member

40. rdiaz

rdiaz Well-Known Member

You've got to be kidding me. Those monstrosities come from the same cutter as this?
    [​IMG]
    What happened to him?

aristoi bcn likes this.