Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Ratings
The midlife crisis thing is bullshit...
It exists, it's just a lot more difficult now to turn the urges into reality without bringing the whole house down.

I've seen many men go down in flames because of it, others are cute enough to get away and manage it.

Me? I'm waiting for that elusive business stream in Japan that justifies several trips a year and a Geisha on the company pay cheque.

Ratings
Not everyone is buying into his marketing BS. There were quite a few informed comments on IG and his blog.
It's quite eye opening to read his responses. I don't think he has a particularly deep understanding of the tailoring processes. So all his photo shoots are just that: Go in, put a fitting on, take a few nice, hq images and bugger off.

I would agree with that.

Ratings
I had no idea Davide Taub was such a shortarse.

As for this shower of iGents, they incarnate what scientists have termed the feminisation of society. I don't know what it is. The posture? The conceited smiles? The hair? The fact that they're all gathered in one spot?

Don't get me wrong - most of these blokes are well-dressed. But there is a certain I-don't-know-what.

They all look good except for one person. He really has no idea about how to look good.

güero

Ratings
I had no idea Davide Taub was such a shortarse.

As for this shower of iGents, they incarnate what scientists have termed the feminisation of society. I don't know what it is. The posture? The conceited smiles? The hair? The fact that they're all gathered in one spot?

Don't get me wrong - most of these blokes are well-dressed. But there is a certain I-don't-know-what.
It's the bent hip.

Ratings
‘ Brooks Brothers at the railway station’ an exhibition.

Key photograph is the fat bloke in shorts, deep inside the stands. Penny for his thoughts.
Also T shirt bloke with a man bun, front left.

http://www.ivy-style.com/now-departing-brooks-anniversary-exhibit-at-grand-central.html
I was really disappointed with Brooks Brothers in Washington DC back in April, as they had nothing in my size and when I asked they said they only carried them in the webstore. The Italian outlet villages are good for BB, my missus bagged me some cotton jumpers of which I am a fan in Rome last month.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
I was really disappointed with Brooks Brothers in Washington DC back in April, as they had nothing in my size and when I asked they said they only carried them in the webstore. The Italian outlet villages are good for BB, my missus bagged me some cotton jumpers of which I am a fan in Rome last month.
That's not a good place. I was there in May trying to get braces and basically had to buy a throwaway pair.

Journeyman

Supporter
Ratings
I was really disappointed with Brooks Brothers in Washington DC back in April, as they had nothing in my size and when I asked they said they only carried them in the webstore.
How bizarre - I would have thought that Washington DC northwards would be the epicentre of BB-wearing in the United States. If you can't get a good selection of BB clothes there, then where?!?!

Ratings
That's not a good place. I was there in May trying to get braces and basically had to buy a throwaway pair.
Yep.

How bizarre - I would have thought that Washington DC northwards would be the epicentre of BB-wearing in the United States. If you can't get a good selection of BB clothes there, then where?!?!
You would think they would have the full range in. I like the Elliot high waisted chinos and turns out they only carry 36x33 in the webshop. Then I decided to get some linen shirts for my holidays and not one I liked they had in a Large. I've had much better luck in the BB store at the Venice outlet village. And those cotton jumpers in Rome where Euros 34.00. Not bad at all.

Journeyman

Supporter
Ratings
I like the Elliot high waisted chinos and turns out they only carry 36x33 in the webshop.
I used to be able to order from the US BB website, but since BB opened stores in Australia, they cut off access to the US website and stopped shipping to Australia from the US website.

The stock on the "Australian" website (which actually appears to reflect stock held in Hong Kong, strangely) and the actual stock in Australian stores, is frustratingly different. There was a nice, dark blue oxford shirt from the Red Fleece line on the website some time back but the website only had it in "L", whereas I take an "XL" in the Red Fleece line. So I asked at my local store and, after checking their stock, they told me that the shirt wasn't actually in stock in any of the Australian stores - it was only available in limited sizes online.

Top Bottom