Improving DressedWell.net v2

In case anyone missed it, I've upgraded us to the new version of the forum software. Please bear with me as there are a ton of settings and adjustments to make, along with several issues I need to get the developers to resolve. I'll be rolling out explainers on all the new forum features soon. In the meantime please ask whatever questions you might have and I'll do my best to answer them.

Registered Registered Supporter Supporter Moderator Moderator

Couple of quick things:

-chat is coming back. There were a few errors with it so it needs some tinkering. Hopefully in a day or two.

-you can now add emoji's as text in your reply.

-the theme is in its default state so dont fret about the colors.

If anyone has suggestions please let me know. Any bugs or errors you find please post in the Zen Maintenance thread.

Oh, forgot to add there is a new post rating system! One of the main reasons i wanted to upgrade asap was to implement this. If you click on the thumb to like a post you now have an assortment of rating options. The ones listed currently are just the default and I need some time to tinker with the settings, but in the near future we shoukd be able to have anything as a rating icon, even a Foo.

verri unhappy about all of this. formerly you actually saw the members that LIKED a post. now all we get is a notification that members RATED your post and a stupid sf thumbs up with a number. BRING BACK THE OLD!

also missing the GREEN THEME. why did you fuck up a perfectly good thing?>???@??@?@@###@33221?????

why the fuck are we changing AGAIN???@???@?@>>!?>@<@<>????@@@
verri unhappy about all of this. formerly you actually saw the members that LIKED a post. now all we get is a notification that members RATED your post and a stupid sf thumbs up with a number. BRING BACK THE OLD!

also missing the GREEN THEME. why did you fuck up a perfectly good thing?>???@??@?@@###@33221?????
progress must be made. as i said, everything isn't set up yet, so its going to take some tinkering. if you have actual suggestions or critiques please feel free to post them. if you are unhappy with the direction of the forum you, as always, are free to go back to styleforum.

don't forget to donate either way. we appreciate your continued and/or ending support.

verri unhappy about all of this. formerly you actually saw the members that LIKED a post. now all we get is a notification that members RATED your post and a stupid sf thumbs up with a number.

If someone likes your post, you get a thumb with a number next to it. Click on that and it will bring up a box that will show you the names of people that have liked your post.

A bit more cumbersome than the old way - you can't see who's trying to win your favour as easily as previously! However, it does have the advantage of taking up less room at the bottom of each post.

Oh, forgot to add there is a new post rating system! One of the main reasons i wanted to upgrade asap was to implement this. If you click on the thumb to like a post you now have an assortment of rating options. The ones listed currently are just the default and I need some time to tinker with the settings, but in the near future we shoukd be able to have anything as a rating icon, even a Foo.

I'd like to add a very objective and dispassionate comment to the recent change: I dislike the new liking system which is absolutely not ergonomic like the whole theme. The only advantage I see to this new version is that we definitely lost Fwiffo Fwiffo with the disappearing of the chat.

why the fuck are we changing AGAIN???@???@?@>>!?>@<@<>????@@@
progress must be made. as i said, everything isn't set up yet, so its going to take some tinkering. if you have actual suggestions or critiques please feel free to post them. if you are unhappy with the direction of the forum you, as always, are free to go back to styleforum.

don't forget to donate either way. we appreciate your continued and/or ending support.

Trust the plan!
However, I'm mostly using my PC with a big screen, so I appreciate the new, more sophisticated look, especially when it comes to the e-mail notifications.

How will my like count be affected by this change? I was averaging over 4 likes per post. By far the highest margin on this forum. Also missing the green.

How will my like count be affected by this change? I was averaging over 4 likes per post. By far the highest margin on this forum. Also missing the green.

Not to worry dear. Pretty stingy on giving out likes though. One should give to get, no?

IMG_1415.PNG

I'd like to add a very objective and dispassionate comment to the recent change: I dislike the new liking system which is absolutely not ergonomic like the whole theme. The only advantage I see to this new version is that we definitely lost Fwiffo Fwiffo with the disappearing of the chat.
As i said, chat will be back.
Trust the plan!
However, I'm mostly using my PC with a big screen, so I appreciate the new, more sophisticated look, especially when it comes to the e-mail notifications.
Would yoi mind sending me a PM screenshot of the new email notification please? I'd like to see what you see
DEFINE PROGRESS

you are just waisting good money. instead you could have sent LKP LKP Zhirinovsky CesareRomiti CesareRomiti TOGLIATTI TOGLIATTI to summer pitti.

BUT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE????? BAN HIM FOR BEING THE LIBERATED VOICE OF THE CLOSETED GHEYWORLD
Please stop
You can still see your likes in your user profile along with a breakdown of your ratings.
Test Dummy informed me that all previous likes will be lost in an attempt to create a level playing field
please stop
Grand Potentate Grand Potentate why cant we no longer delete posts?
All technical related questions belong in the Zen Maintenance thread.

Just to reiterate, the likes system needs a LOT of customization. I just turned it on so everyone could get a feel for it and we could start working out any kinks. These are only the default ratings, likely none of which will be stickicking around in the end.

Alright I reconfigured the editor on mobile to only take up one line. The buttons now should read, left to right:

Bold
Italics
Underline
Link
Media
Smiley
Giphy
Save Draft/Delete Draft

I ditched text color, strikethrough, text size, font family, and the editor clear button. If anyone has any need of those please let ke know and i can reconfigure it as needed. Also, please let me know if your phone or mobile device shows the editor as more than one line, as all screensizes (especially tablets) can produce different outcomes

Alright I reconfigured the editor on mobile to only take up one line. The buttons now should read, left to right:

Bold
Italics
Underline
Link
Media
Smiley
Giphy
Save Draft/Delete Draft

I ditched text color, strikethrough, text size, font family, and the editor clear button. If anyone has any need of those please let ke know and i can reconfigure it as needed. Also, please let me know if your phone or mobile device shows the editor as more than one line, as all screensizes (especially tablets) can produce different outcomes
strikethrough is somewhat useful

That was my question. The way its setup currently is pretty much size locked. I might be able to money around with the spacers to get another button in but I doubt it will fit.
please dont throw any more good money at this upgrade. enough progress has been made

please dont throw any more good money at this upgrade. enough progress has been made
Enjoy your time on style forum. Im sure Fok would be glad to have you back.

In the meantime, if you cannot keep your posts in this thread constructive you will lose your ability to post here.

Last edited:
I leave the forum for 2 days and this is what happens. I was all on board with the green upgrade but the new theme is juvenile.

At least give us the option to revert to the old while you work out the kinks.

I leave the forum for 2 days and this is what happens. I was all on board with the green upgrade but the new theme is juvenile.

There's no kinks. The new system is permanent. Now the theme and styling are flexible along with the settings.

Guys, I think it would be wise to not piss off Rambro like a bunch of ungrateful kids or he will also xenfore you.

hit a snag with the toolbar editor so all the text buttons are back in place for now. i hope to be able to add them into a nice dropdown. the spoiler button is back and is showing up as the flag to the left of the giphy button.

switched back to the default style since everyone seems to be so miserable with the updated theme. will look into alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom