Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

Yes,a man actually lives in it.

House in road.jpg

Prada 1.jpg

Prada 2.jpg

I keep on getting emails from this company, which advertises the following services:
We work with executive search firms across Europe, Middle East, APAC, Australia & America. We support them with search & identification of passive candidates. Our primary source of name gathering is via cold calling & the telephony team is competently supported by our internet research team & our subscriptions to various business intelligence tools.

Along with this we do:

· Approach phone calling

· Create organization chart

· Business intelligence services
END QUOTE

What weird kind of business is that? And who would need to use the services of such a company?

Outsourcing of the poaching people from other firms department.

Yes, but why would you entrust this to some call center in Mumbai? It just doesn't make sense.

All that head hunting malarkey, another thing you can do adequately in-house.

It's 18c now feeling like 21c with the humidity and people are wearing wool coats and furry hats. I saw lighter dressed people in Spain.

Why is it when people don't get a response through e-mail that they think sending more e-mails or high priority e-mails they will get a response? Kicking down a door isn't opening it so why not kick it some more.

Any email sent high priority or red flag whatever or worse, respond if read, goes straight to spam . Bad luck kiddo I don't work that way.

I see this daily:
I live almost exactly 4 minutes walk - sensible pace - from the rail station. The lady 3 houses down from me lives about 4m 15secs walk away from station. She parks her car in the street facing the station. Each morning she gets in the car, drives to the end of the street and then parks the car at the other end of the street. She then has to get out of car and walk across a busy road to the station. Often I leave home - walking - the same time she walks out her gate - we often wait at the busy road together - busy road for the lights etc. So we reach the station at exactly the same time.

At night she reverses the order. Sometimes I'm even on the same train home as her. We often wait together again to cross the busy road. Then she gets in her car and drives back home. The other night she tried to turn around in the street and it took her about 4 goes. She got home about 10 seconds after me. Tonight she drove around the block on the same side to get home and she beat me home by 20 seconds.

What do you all think thats about?

I see this daily:
What do you all think thats about?

If it's pissing rain outside I'd say she has one on you mate. That and she is dedicated to supporting the petroleum industry and keeping climate change scientists in their jobs.

Asian women who have thinning hair. Why tie it back with a tight pony tail if it's exposing your scalp like that?

There is this one conference room at work where someone clipped their nails and dumped the clippings below the table. Given it has been there for a month I started doubting the efficacy of the office's vacuuming and carpet cleaning process.

There is this one conference room at work where someone clipped their nails and dumped the clippings below the table. Given it has been there for a month I started doubting the efficacy of the office's vacuuming and carpet cleaning process.

I am having difficulty discerning between your awake issues at work and the ones in your dreams

Whats is fwiffo doing at work down under the conference table looking at somebody else's nail clippings for the last month?

I see it when I pull out the chair from underneath the table.

Guy ahead of me today late teens or early 20s during rush hour swiped his metrocard and it read "insufficient fare." I naturally back pedaled to give him room to get out of the turnstyle. He then proceeded to move two turnstyles over and attempt his card there. Unsure if illiterate, very ignorant, or both.

Women carrying things with a male companion/friend/spouse who carry nothing. The other day I saw some Asian bloke with a woman slightly shorter than him carrying a box of wine (2-4 bottles) and some groceries in a plastic bag. They were engaged in a lively chat whilst the man walks around with both hands unencumbered. Has gender equality reached a point where a man no longer offers to assist with women because it offends their status? Is chivalry and basic common sense dead? It wasn't as if this woman was a squat Amazonian weight lifter either.

When is it appropriate to wear black yoga trousers? For women it is apparently any occasion and any time.

The company that runs the television for the lifts here is now promoting "elevator selfies". People submit photographs of themselves in the lift...so you can see it whilst you are on the lift.

People with tags on their jackets. There's this one project manager at work who seems to only own two jackets. One has this designer tag on the cuff. The first time I saw it I thought perhaps he had to run down and buy a replacement jacket in an emergency but it has been a few months seeing that jacket and the tag.

This incredibly attractive girl is dressed in all black - black yoga trousers, black boots with beige fur, black wool overcoat. Great make up and highlights - but again, a brown designer label tag on the left arm.

Second time I encountered the opera singing office worker. Loves to use the lobby to project his voice.

When I got off the high-speed rail between Beijing and Shanghai the chap in front of me gave a perfect whistling rendition of Greensleeves.

Ive noticed what I think is a new distinctive trend for young girls going to work. Leather or faux leather, I can’t be sure, shorts. Yes. Leather shorts for summer. Most with cuffs!

On my way back from dropping off my headphones to get repaired, I was struck by all the Thai massage parlours around in The Hague, there's loads of them! Looks like where retail is failing, the exotic erotic is moving in.

Then I noticed a man and woman in what looked like their seventies sporting purple coloured shoes of the same shade. She had a pair of Nike snickers on and he had a pair of pointy suede shoes, but in the exact dark purple.

The rest of the journey back to the office was a sorry tale of hitting red lights, which once again proves it's nigh on impossible to get in and out of the centre of the Hague, even when dropping something off in less than an 50 minutes.

On my way back from dropping off my headphones to get repaired, I was struck by all the Thai massage parlours around in The Hague, there's loads of them! Looks like where retail is failing, the exotic erotic is moving in.

Then I noticed a man and woman in what looked like their seventies sporting purple coloured shoes of the same shade. She had a pair of Nike snickers on and he had a pair of pointy suede shoes, but in the exact dark purple.

The rest of the journey back to the office was a sorry tale of hitting red lights, which once again proves it's nigh on impossible to get in and out of the centre of the Hague, even when dropping something off in less than an 50 minutes.
Massage in some places here is every second store front on some more down-market strips. Many of them give happy endings. A few are illegal brothels. Brothels & prostitution are legal here so theres no real need to go illegal unless you are dodgy with visas, health standards etc.

Massage in some places here is every second store front on some more down-market strips. Many of them give happy endings. A few are illegal brothels. Brothels & prostitution are legal here so theres no real need to go illegal unless you are dodgy with visas, health standards etc.

These are in alleged middle class areas and they're knocking shops for sure. It's legal here too: they have to register have regular check STD's and pay tax. However, the prostitutes themselves complain of police harassment and that they tell family members they are on the game.

The Thai massage parlours are newish phenomena, there was a couple of bordellos and S&M studios, but these Thai places have sprung-up in the last five years or so. I'm surprised at how many there are. But there's been massive middle class flight of professional families out of Amsterdam and The Hague these last years. The ambience of these cities is changing.

There's a younger homeless man at the heart of the financial district who seems to spend most of his days unleashing a tirade of insults to whomever walks by. If no one is in his vicinity he screams at passing cars.

Today I walked by catching his eye and he said something to the effect of - "I was raised that any two people in this world are equal!"

I was in a rush so couldn't engage in useless banter, but in what world would this deranged man ever be an equal to me?

Once the temperature dips below -10c and the extreme cold alert comes out, the underground path system between all the office buildings is crowded with homeless people. You can smell them from ten meters away.

Tibor. Are you in there?

I didn't even know these places still exist.
IMG_20180110_1103160.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom