Passaggio Cravatte - The Scandal Continues

Do you think the Passaggio Cravatte fabrics are true vintage or inkjet printed?

• Gianni Cerutti has no knowledge about fabrics at all & doesn't know what he's doing.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Totally digital reproductions!

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • The Italian mill selling the end of roll designs that nobody wants is laughing behind his back.

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Totally vintage!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • GianniCerutti cannot even tell the difference between silk screen and inkjet (inque-jet?)

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Some of each?

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
I don't know if you noticed, but I updated our tag line to represent our commitment to this cause.

I really wish someone would address whether this ink-jet dyed fabric will bleed like a stripper's mascara when it gets wet. Enquiring minds want to know.

you people are obviously spamming and I am calling the moderators to ban all of you. signore passaggio is a real artisan and he knows what he is doing and he is very nice to me when I bought 5 dozen of his ties. he was smiling and very affable when he told me all of these are deadstock pieces found under the rubble of world war II in turin and kept hidden from the public because some mussolini stragglers might come looking for them. its true some were enhanced with the use of inkjet printers. but these inkjet printers are not your run of the mill inkjet printers. these wonderful machines, as stated by signore passiagio, are rare vintage machines made by the hiulet pacarde company of exact specifications using only the best inks which can only be acquired in this small unassuming nook inside an "il ufficio deposito" artisan store. as I mentioned he was in every sense of the word a true gentleman when he was explaining this to me before I bought the 5 dozen ties, and since he was very nice to me then it is impossible, no- it is illogical that he would be lying. sure the ties look like my old ties that I bought in shenzen, china- but you people do not get the point. these are vintage! vintage!

why did you delete acidboy? it was quite funny

i think i cannot (yet) participate in the poll. because it is not really complete and to the point yet.

it should include the options:

"gianni cerutti has no knowledge about fabrics at all and doesn't know himself what he is selling"

"gianni cerutti cannot even tell the difference between english and italian silk, let alone between silk screen and inkjet (inque-jet ?)"

"the italian mill selling the end of roll designs that nobody wants is laughing behind his back"

if someone could update the poll i could maybe shed some more light on the matter.

just occured to me. we can also do two more polls if anyone is interested!

"how did the fabrics of patrizio cappelli end up in gianni cerutti's stock?"

"are all passaggio thirsts really made in napoli?"

well duped is a big word. maybe you can say i was. i was a bit upset when i found out about the inque-jette. then when i started pulling that thread the whole passaggio story unraveled.

well duped is a big word. maybe you can say i was. i was a bit upset when i found out about the inque-jette. then when i started pulling that thread the whole passaggio story unraveled.
Well, by duped, I mean intentionally misled into buying a tie you expected to be vintage only to find out it was ink jetted?

Something that I've found curious throughout this is that he's never once seemed to even attempt to placate the people who may be pissed off. A future discount, a promotion, something, anything! He just keeps on plugging those fucking ties.

just occured to me. we can also do two more polls if anyone is interested!

"how did the fabrics of patrizio cappelli end up in gianni cerutti's stock?"
This is the most irrefutably damning evidence to me. It certainly looks like the supposedly decades old vintage fabric is exactly the same as recently missing patterns that nobody else called old beyond a few years.

Do start the poll, and contact the OP here for editing options.

image.jpg

image.jpg

seems like he deleted your post on sf, allen. or did you remove it?

might do that. but quite like my first day here.

there already is quite a lot you can quote re. inkjet. hober in his own topic, henry carter in the aussie topic and his own, t4 in cappelli topic.

i think i cannot (yet) participate in the poll. because it is not really complete and to the point yet.

it should include the options:

"gianni cerutti has no knowledge about fabrics at all and doesn't know himself what he is selling"

"gianni cerutti cannot even tell the difference between english and italian silk, let alone between silk screen and inkjet (inque-jet ?)"

"the italian mill selling the end of roll designs that nobody wants is laughing behind his back"

if someone could update the poll i could maybe shed some more light on the matter.
Is there a post count minimum for poll voting?
I can't figure out how to edit the poll, but if Grand Potentate Grand Potentate can do it or explain what I'm doing wrong, I hope to add these. As multiple option votes are permitted, I'd definitely check the last one. My tailor uses end-runs and offers about a half-off discount. He does not claim they are rare vintage and grossly inflate the price.

allwe need now is sartodinapoli to get over here and tell us about THE THRUTH. then we can really get this party going.

Is there a post count minimum for poll voting?
I can't figure out how to edit the poll, but if Grand Potentate Grand Potentate can do it or explain what I'm doing wrong, I hope to add these. As multiple option votes are permitted, I'd definitely check the last one. My tailor uses end-runs and offers about a half-off discount. He does not claim they are rare vintage and grossly inflate the price.
There shouldn't be a problem for new members to vote. I have to edit it for you, so tell me how you want me to have the voting options look.

There shouldn't be a problem for new members to vote. I have to edit it for you, so tell me how you want me to have the voting options look.
Perhaps the people are not voting because they are awaiting the additional options??? I have no problem with adding the below suggestions verbatin, although the second one seems redundant.

Its interesting now that he is posting pics of his "vintage" fabrics from multiple angles, just to remind us that they're really vintage. Like tilting it 10 degrees is going to clearly change our perspective on the topic.

Perhaps the people are not voting because they are awaiting the additional options??? I have no problem with adding the below suggestions verbatin, although the second one seems redundant.
Well, they do still have to be registered to vote, which should clearly account for your lack of large voting numbers.

I updated the options. Let me know if you approve.

thanks for that! poll is perfect now.

having drinks with office now. too many beers. will not post now. afraid to post something that could potentially be a little bit damaging for the passaggio business. so better not.

sad to see that over at the other forum the mods thought the gianni/dog/tomato picture wasn't funny.

also see our boy gianni is again spamming the other forum with adds of semen pattern ties.

probably lots of boys with mouths wide open happy to receive some.

thanks for that! poll is perfect now.

having drinks with office now. too many beers. will not post now. afraid to post something that could potentially be a little bit damaging for the passaggio business. so better not.
I don't give a fuck. No one else here gives a fuck. And, in fact, we would be better off finally getting some true stories about this guy and not worrying so much about his supposed reputation.

I might be misremembering, but didn't Chorn order a tie from this guy? If so, some forensic work should be quite easy.
Forensics? The things are unlined and this Gianni is so proud of the rather unspectacular handwork that he posts gobs of shots from the back. Too many feature the white, undyed reverse side IMHO.

My amateur understanding is that:
1. White silk edges/back as opposed to a more natural cream color is a tipoff, as it needs bleaching for inket printing.
2. The inkjet is not a deep soak and rarely saturates through to the reverse side, whereas the "very old" stuff was initially dyed a background color throughout...
3. Thicker fabrics or denser fabrics will be more resistant to complete saturation even with the more time consuming deeper saturating old printing methods.

But anyway, the reverse side of these things is on full display. I don't see a need to do any destructive testing.

I also wouldn't count on Cpt. Sensitive Chorn coming around any time soon. But, one of you guys could try to reach out to him.

Why were you banned??

I am working on MONSTER post with whole expose

Hopefully finished later tonight.

Cheers guys and thanks for helping advance this matter!

500x375px-LL-5f27819a_petergrenadine.jpg

d4f2f7e0_grenadine_zps0bb336e5.jpg

This Passaggio Cravatte vintage fabric is starting to look like an ancient manuscript written with a ballpoint pen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom