Police stop young people who look too poor for their clothes

TheUntermensch

Ratings
"But critics say the policing strategy is a recipe for racial profiling."

Oh Christ, here we go again.

So it's only non-whites who are criminals?

dreamspace

Ratings
They do this at airports, and have been for a long time. Where I'm from, if / when you walk through customs with an expensive watch / jewelery / handbag / etc. , they can ask you for documentation / receipt of purchase. If you can't come up with that, you can get hit with 25% VAT of retail price....So it's kind of important to declare such things before flying out.

As for the profiling? I guess it's to target those in the drug deal. Some 18 year old kid living in the slums, but also owning a legit $10k watch, usually only means a couple of things:

- Drug money
- Robberies / burglary
- Black market (tied to robberies / burglaries)

FriendCustomer

Awful Tie Aficionado
Ratings
"But critics say the policing strategy is a recipe for racial profiling."

Oh Christ, here we go again.

So it's only non-whites who are criminals?
i don't have any stats and haven't bothered to look anything up, but I imagine there is a disproportionately high number of non-white criminals in Holland.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
i don't have any stats and haven't bothered to look anything up, but I imagine there is a disproportionately high number of non-white criminals in Holland.
It is a statistical fact is that the largest class of criminals in The Netherlands are made up of second generation Moroccans. At least based on getting caught. It could be that other nationalitoes are better at not getting arrested. There was a report awhile back that something like 64% (or thereabouts) of male and female Moroccans/second generation Morrocans between the ages of 17-24 had been arrested for serious offences.

They're also one of the few groups who are an epic fail at school. Second generation immigrants from other countries e.g. Iran for instance generally do extremely well.

You just need to watch some of those Morrocan-Dutch rappers on Youtube to see where it's heading.

TheUntermensch

Ratings
It is a statistical fact is that the largest class of criminals in The Netherlands are made up of second generation Moroccans. At least based on getting caught. It could be that other nationalitoes are better at not getting arrested. There was a report awhile back that something like 64% (or thereabouts) of male and female Moroccans/second generation Morrocans between the ages of 17-24 had been arrested for serious offences.

They're also one of the few groups who are an epic fail at school. Second generation immigrants from other countries e.g. Iran for instance generally do extremely well.

You just need to watch some of those Morrocan-Dutch rappers on Youtube to see where it's heading.
You speak as if it was just Holland.

John Lee Pettimore III

Supporter
Ratings
It is a statistical fact is that the largest class of criminals in The Netherlands are made up of second generation Moroccans Marroquians. At least based on getting caught. It could be that other nationalitoes are better at not getting arrested. There was a report awhile back that something like 64% (or thereabouts) of male and female Moroccans/second generation Morrocans between the ages of 17-24 had been arrested for serious offences.

FTFM

Jan Libourel

Ratings
Even many years ago, I was told that Rotterdam had a reputation for hard-nosed policing. When the hippies started to show up in Rotterdam, the cops just beat the snot out of them, so Rotterdam never became noted as a center of the hippie culture, unlike Amsterdam.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
Even many years ago, I was told that Rotterdam had a reputation for hard-nosed policing. When the hippies started to show up in Rotterdam, the cops just beat the snot out of them, so Rotterdam never became noted as a center of the hippie culture, unlike Amsterdam.
That's why I like Rotterdam.

Top Bottom