Grand Potentate’s Standup Comedy Appreciation Thread

8V5yw3Hw1MbGVU64IySr1piLx1a.jpg

MUCH better than his earlier Netflix standup releases. I only watched one of the previous ones so can't comment on the others.

Patrice O'Neal: Elephant In The Room. Probably the funniest standup special of 2011

How to tell how pretty a white woman is:

On Cheating (This has an awesome metaphor in it that every man should know)

On Football

On being an animal lover and how people think black people hate animals:

On workplace harassment:

Here's the whole uncensored special. One of my all time favorites, and definitely worth a listen:

I know this is a 6yr old bump...but since I updated this thread earlier, I started to scan the posts.

EITR was BRILLIANT! I watch it whenever I am looking for a laugh!

These 2 vids are not pure standup....however it shows how some dude named Steve incorporates his brilliance into "serious" events!

I caught the new Jim Jeffries Netflix special, Intolerant, last night. I’d have to say it’s his best yet. A bit more mature (a bit - he’s still riffing on shitting himself in public) and not quit so angry or bitter. The timing and pace is perfect as he weaves several themes together brilliantly.

Surprised no Bill Burr and Jimmy Carr yet. Jimmy Carr has his full shows on his youtube channel so I've been binge watching recently.

Here is Anthony Jeselnik - both his Netflix specials are pretty good. A short opening joke for you guys:

Last edited:
Screen-Shot-2021-09-29-at-24233-PM.png

Caught this on Netflix today.

DC goes in on current events...specifically the LGBTQ community and "their" reactions to his jokes. He weaves us through the negative feedback that he has received and the fact that he has no hatred for anyone.

Of course, a DC special wouldn't be complete with relevant stories that just add to the set.

His best stuff? Nope. I put 'Killin' Them Softly' up there. Jokes from start to finish? No, he is more so getting stuff off his chest while entertaining the masses. Solid stuff? Of course...it's DC.

(An absolutely brilliant ending to this set and when the credits roll.)

3.75/5.

Last edited:
Roy Chubby Brown was cancelled by Sheffield council recently and many other venues in the past.

Now it seems YouTube have cancelled him. All the stage stuff has disappeared. Just a reaction video that slipped through the net,

Lots of swearing and stag show jokes - but none of his politically incorrect stuff.

Roy Chubby Brown was cancelled by Sheffield council recently and many other venues in the past.

Now it seems YouTube have cancelled him. All the stage stuff has disappeared. Just a reaction video that slipped through the net,

Lots of swearing and stag show jokes - but none of his politically incorrect stuff.

Anyone named chubby needs to be cancelled

RHAP_E75_NOTHINGBUTNETFLIX-1024x536.jpg

Started this on Sat night expecting something cool. Stopped it and did go back.

I just checked. 9 minutes in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom