StyleForum - Behind the Veil: Money, Politics & Bullshit

Interesting. Did not expect that. Stocks also got a lot smaller.

Didn't they have two locations in NyC?

Cost of living in NYC, most customers not from NYC, closer to the LA garment industry and the need to live there, casual customers to the bricks & mortar store had dwindled

Cost of living in NYC, most customers not from NYC, closer to the LA garment industry and the need to live there, casual customers to the bricks & mortar store had dwindled
I thought he had a good fix on the business and wasn't spouting the usual fashion biz nonsense. Probably one of the few not bankrolled by family so had to be an actual business person.

I haven't been following SF nor their development, but from what i remembered, the store seemed to be doing well.

Does this mean Stanley will be their official spokesperson

I thought he had a good fix on the business and wasn't spouting the usual fashion biz nonsense. Probably one of the few not bankrolled by family so had to be an actual business person.

I think so. He said that there was a huge drop off in foot traffic and people making purchases in person.

I think the new model in LA will be more MTO. I think I read they will do measurements by appointment at the new shop

I think so. He said that there was a huge drop off in foot traffic and people making purchases in person.

I think the new model in LA will be more MTO. I think I read they will do measurements by appointment at the new shop

Even with decreased foot traffic, wouldn't the online sales be able to offset it. I understand that keeping a brick and mortar store front might not be financially sound, but didn't think it would up root them.

Even with decreased foot traffic, wouldn't the online sales be able to offset it. I understand that keeping a brick and mortar store front might not be financially sound, but didn't think it would up root them.

He did say the internet sales were the key part. The other part of it was the cost of living in NYC.

Even the rent for the storefront was reasonable.

Sales probably dropped when that hipster school teacher with the hideous beard stopped spending his entire weekly wage in there!

It may be a chicken and egg situation but I visited the shop at the Bowery a couple of times. The first time there were racks and racks of jackets and pants in a loosely Mod-influenced style, named 'Weller', 'Daltrey', 'Caine' etc. The second time there was barely anything on the racks. Whether the dwindled OTR stock caused people to stop going to the store, or they reduced their OTR stock because people weren't buying it I'm not sure which came first.

Do you mean the Yellow Hook guy?

Seems not too different from what happened with Seize sur Vingt. I used to love their stuff but I don't even think they make clothing anymore (?)

Either way, the smoking hot blonde French salesgirl left. Quel dommage!

Sales probably dropped when that hipster school teacher with the hideous beard stopped spending his entire weekly wage in there!

It may be a chicken and egg situation but I visited the shop at the Bowery a couple of times. The first time there were racks and racks of jackets and pants in a loosely Mod-influenced style, named 'Weller', 'Daltrey', 'Caine' etc. The second time there was barely anything on the racks. Whether the dwindled OTR stock caused people to stop going to the store, or they reduced their OTR stock because people weren't buying it I'm not sure which came first.

Took me a second that figured out the identity of the school teacher

Has anyone ever handled his shirts? They're not my taste, they're expensive, and NYRanger talks up their fabric and construction quite a bit.

I own one of his cashmere ties (purchased 2nd hand): it's great material. I've only worn it once and cannot determine its durability.

Has anyone ever handled his shirts? They're not my taste, they're expensive, and NYRanger talks up their fabric and construction quite a bit.

I own one of his cashmere ties (purchased 2nd hand): it's great material. I've only worn it once and cannot determine its durability.

Please burn
Record video
Or get kickbanned

Btw, is IS still around on SF. I looked through a few pages of SW&D WAWYT a few days ago, Uncontrol is gone. I am very surprised.

Btw, is IS still around on SF.

He is, although he is much more restrained than he used to be. I think that he primarily posts in the Luxeswap thread. He doesn't even visit every day and only posts a couple of times each visit, so IS is much more restrained, which I think is a good thing, both for him and for SF.

He is, although he is much more restrained than he used to be. I think that he primarily posts in the Luxeswap thread. He doesn't even visit every day and only posts a couple of times each visit, so IS is much more restrained, which I think is a good thing, both for him and for SF.
You his stalker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom