Superhero, Comic Book & Sci-Fi Cinema & News

The first 4 episode of SyFy's The Expanse have hit the torrents. I believe episode 2 airs tonight.

Also, the first episode of the adaptation of Arthur C Clarke's Childhood's End aired last night.

This is looking better and better

23938bd56ffa302458768cd8e597d8f6.jpg

Season 2 of Daredevil is absolutely awesome. Given the tough action in every episode it's great that you can watch them all in one go and don't have to wait a week. Daredevil's and Punisher's fight scenes are spectacular. It's clear that this show has a much bigger budget than ARROW or Legends of tomorrow.

Season 2 of Daredevil is absolutely awesome. Given the tough action in every episode it's great that you can watch them all in one go and don't have to wait a week. Daredevil's and Punisher's fight scenes are spectacular. It's clear that this show has a much bigger budget than ARROW or Legends of tomorrow.
I was a little torn. John Berenthal was really great as the Punisher but the whole storyline with the Blacksmith was fucking dumb. The ending just came out of nowhere. The Elektra story was just fair and the whole thing with the ninjas was so dumb. Daredevil's chastising her about killing Stick and how it would be the last straw, meanwhile she's killing ninjas every five seconds? Also, slightly TOO many fight scenes. I felt like they said "you know what everyone really loved about season 1? The fight scenes! So, lets do more of that!!!" Every single episode had one massive fight scene. More thoughts later.

Also, slightly TOO many fight scenes. I felt like they said "you know what everyone really loved about season 1? The fight scenes! So, lets do more of that!!!" Every single episode had one massive fight scene. More thoughts later.

Keep in mind that I know little about their comic book stories. And I really like good fight scenes, although I must admit there are a lot of inconsistencies. DD gets his ass kicked by the Punisher, yet manages to defeat masses of (zombie) ninjas and so on. I will have to watch the final episode tonight, but I guess they were trying to put too much "plot" (and additional characters) into a season with only 13 episodes.

I don't think that I mentioned it, but I went to see Deadpool in the cinema a few weeks ago.

I really enjoyed it. Very silly, of course, but it deliberately did not take itself seriously. Wade Wilson/Deadpool was an amusing and likeable character.

Although, like all modern superhero movies, there was a fair few explosions, they weren't as grating as the huge, CGI-filled battles in the recent Avenger movies.

I'm looking forward to watching it again when it comes out on iTunes/DVD.

Thanks for reminding me - Went to see Batman vs. Superman. It was horrifically awful. The plot was ALL over the place, nothing made any sense, and it just left everyone in the theater perplexed. One couple behind me audibly called out "what?" during one of the Luthor scenes. Jesse Eisenberg was terrible as Lex Luthor, going on mindless rants and not being able to finish his sentences like some kind of autistic. Cavill is still moody and dumb as Superman. I will say though that Affleck made a good Batman. He's going to be directing the starring in the next Batman film. I hope to the sweet baby ray that he doesn't follow in Snyder's awful footsteps.

Apparently, Affleck as Batman puts in an appearance in the "Suicide Squad" movie that comes out later this year.

I haven't seen Batman -v- Superman and I'm not particularly interested in doing so. I suppose that I might rent it one evening once it comes out on iTunes, just to see how irritatingly bad it is.

I actually kind of liked Superman vs Batman. The awkwardness of everything (all those wtf moments) was actually somewhat refreshing to me... sometimes those well polished Marvel movies have that Disney-ish overly happy well planned clean simple storylines that gets boring after like the tenth movie. And when the chick jumped in... it was pretty awesome.

What is the name of the aussie loser comic drawer?
Are his comics as stupid as he is?

Is The Arrow show going back to the old problem of out of sync overlap with The Flash?
While Barry lost his speed and is now "normal" in his own show, he was the old self in the latest Arrow episode.
BTW, the Arrow has been stretched out over far too many episodes this season given the rather weak plot.

Ok, I'm going to watch and enjoy Deadpool in proper full HD now!

Is The Arrow show going back to the old problem of out of sync overlap with The Flash?
While Barry lost his speed and is now "normal" in his own show, he was the old self in the latest Arrow episode.
BTW, the Arrow has been stretched out over far too many episodes this season given the rather weak plot.

Ok, I'm going to watch and enjoy Deadpool in proper full HD now!
i honestly have no idea where either show is going at this point. things are just so out of whack. hopefully the season finales steer us in interesting directions but i'm not holding out hope.

Arrow has been kind of lame this entire season. And there is no logic in the actions.
Damien Darkh should be a total badass even without those magical powers, isn't he ex league of assassins?
And why destroy his magic idol only to reassemble it? At least we now know who died (in episode 1 of season 4).
The Flash has had some good episodes, but every now and then I get the feeling that the writers for both shows try too hard to give the actors more "character" scenes. At some point Arrow was merely a soap with an action sequence here and there.

Arrow has been kind of lame this entire season. And there is no logic in the actions.
Damien Darkh should be a total badass even without those magical powers, isn't he ex league of assassins?
And why destroy his magic idol only to reassemble it? At least we now know who died (in episode 1 of season 4).
The Flash has had some good episodes, but every now and then I get the feeling that the writers for both shows try too hard to give the actors more "character" scenes. At some point Arrow was merely a soap with an action sequence here and there.
pretty much. and there's no direction for the future. its kind of a rudderless mess at the moment.

Arrow has sucked from the pilot onwards

For me it started when Arrow/ Oliver and Felicity became a "thing". I often find myself using the skip forward function of my media player these days.
I totally stopped watching "Legends of tomorrow" and "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD". Both shows' episodes are way too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom