The Football/Soccer Thread

Russia final? No, I don't fancy watching any more fixtures that feature a side with zero shots on goal.

Why are we being pinned on our end?!?!?! By "mighty" Sweden!

There's actually one bloke with Swedish kit sitting in an English pub. Must be asking for trouble.

We're world beaters because our manager is in a three piece.

I knew that Russian player was going to have a wonder strike. Even if all the Russians around me were stunned.

A lot of usually top teams played below expectations/ possibilities. Probably one of the lamest WC so far.

They found the Russians difficult to break down, as they did the Danes.

I think the quality of the footie has been good. Most of the top players play in Europe, this has evened things out somewhat.

Out of the four clubs remaining, Belgium look the best, De Bruyne, Hazard and Lakaku look very dangerous, especially De Bruyne. France aren't firing on all pistons yet, but they're still in the semis which says something. Croatia play nice football and England are improving with every game. They bossed the park against Sweden.

However, semis can be difficult to predict, its all or nothing as nobody remembers semi-finalists and that affects how teams approach them. Semis are more psychologically stressful that finals.

Croatia looking pretty strong.

Who do we have in the two semi's? Im going belgium and croatia

It is clear the Belgium/France side went through the stronger opponents of the tournament. None of England's potential and current semifinal opponents ever won.

France through

I think they were one of the few sides that picked up momentum in the tournament.

I feel sad for Belgium. Plenty of key players in the early 30s and it's their last outing.

In other news, Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Real Madrid for Juventus.

Is Rodriguez coming back next season from Bayern?

Benzema and Bale will be center and right forward, Ascensio as left forward then?

plus Lukaku was invisible.

Wonder how much more France would've dominated in their matches if Benzema replaced goofy-footed Giroud. Can't believe RM might dump him same season as CR7. We'll get to see Bale finally dominate either way.

Disappointed to see Mbappe trying to up Neymar's antics. The sport needs class and intelligence like Iniesta. I think Dembele has potential to surpass Mbappe in the future.

Didn't know Kante was so good at pick offs, curious how he'd do as a forward now.

Wonder how much more France would've dominated in their matches if Benzema replaced goofy-footed Giroud. Can't believe RM might dump him same season as CR7. We'll get to see Bale finally dominate either way.

Disappointed to see Mbappe trying to up Neymar's antics. The sport needs class and intelligence like Iniesta. I think Dembele has potential to surpass Mbappe in the future.

Didn't know Kante was so good at pick offs, curious how he'd do as a forward now.

I found that Belgium played with very little diving and crying throughout their run.

Mbappe was a cunt

Last edited:
Croatia's pissing me off. Their players getting tripled teamed picked off and none of their teammates come to help.

Croatia's pissing me off. Their players getting tripled teamed picked off and none of their teammates come to help.

As a supporter of England, I'm quite alright with that. Modric is being stifled.

france vs croatia. who ya got?

sticking with croatia for this one. they just seem like they have the 'team of destiny' thing going for them.

They should have been 2 up at half time, Croatia came out in the second half, changed their shape and England looked rattled.

England need to learn to put games away.

Congrats to Croatia. A country of 4 mill in the final. Fantastic.

I wonder whether English fans will stop wearing waist coats now. Apparently sales went up, many places were sold out.
Congrats to Croatia. A country of 4 mill in the final. Fantastic.
I don't get why all 4 "nations" in the UK need to have their own teams.
It could be a really good UK team (team GB) if it wasn't for that.

I wonder whether English fans will stop wearing waist coats now. Apparently sales went up, many places were sold out.

The problem is the domination of Premier League. England are U17 and U20 World Champions. How many of those players will make it into the top teams?

Reckon the only net contributor there is Wales.

You could make the same argument about the republics that make up the former Yugoslavia. What a formidable team that would be.

Raheem Sterling last scored for England in November 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom