The iGent's Guide to the Galaxy

YOU LAUGHING ABOUT MY TWO TONE???

GIANNI-C-2.jpg
His Canadian Cousin.
hqdefault.jpg

Took some photos in my second Mimmo Pirozzi suit today...

DSCF1717.JPG
DSCF1754.JPG
DSCF1662.JPG
DSCF1696.JPG
DSCF1697.JPG
DSCF1681.JPG

This is my favorite suit so far from Italy. The one imperfection that I've noticed (sprezz/wabisabi?) is the bottom back of the jacket doesn't fall perfectly... probably because of the fabric and it being unlined in the back. Feel free to post any negative or positive thoughts.

The one imperfection that I've noticed (sprezz/wabisabi?) is the bottom back of the jacket doesn't fall perfectly... probably because of the fabric and it being unlined in the back. Feel free to post any negative or positive thoughts.

From what I can see, the back has been tapered too much at the side seams, especially on the left side.

Apart from that, very nice suit.

Looks very nice indeed, and the photos are very nice, too.

My one criticism would be that the pattern-matching at the right sleevehead appears to be very slightly different from the pattern-matching at the left sleeve-head. However, I'm sure that only clothing nerds like us would ever notice that.

Lovely fabric - sorry, tissue - too.

All very nice - but I don't really approve of casual suits in Double Breasted. And your hair is too short

Wife's upper half looks like boarding school or asian school uniform.

And her skirt way too high, doesn't complement the classy suit.

View attachment 9916 View attachment 9917 View attachment 9918 View attachment 9919 View attachment 9920 View attachment 9921
This is my favorite suit so far from Italy. The one imperfection that I've noticed (sprezz/wabisabi?) is the bottom back of the jacket doesn't fall perfectly... probably because of the fabric and it being unlined in the back. Feel free to post any negative or positive thoughts.

That's no sprezz, it's probably because the sides were taken in unevenly. Makes the fabric pucker. Happened to a suit of mine that was altered badly. I wouldn't accept that from bespoke, as I didn't from my alterations tailor.

Last edited:
That's no sprezz, it's probably because the sides were taken in unevenly. Makes the fabric pucker. Happened to a suit of mine that was altered badly. I wouldn't accept that from bespoke, as I didn't from my alterations tailor.
He makes a fair point WeakMonday WeakMonday

1.png

You have a slight drop in your shoulder but that wouldn't account for all the rippling we're seeing here on the left side.

View attachment 9916 View attachment 9917 View attachment 9918 View attachment 9919 View attachment 9920 View attachment 9921
nice suit, nice dandy tissue choice as usual, nice tie, don't like pocket square. suit has nice shape in shoulders, chest and lapels. wouldn't necessarilly of thought to do that cloth as DB suit myself, but now that i see it, it works. if the back bothers you, i'm sure he can fix it, otherwise enjoy. for the next suit, perhaps would prefer a little more chest or maybe a bit lower waist or maybe its better not to fuck with it too much and let the maestro decide.

Last edited:
nice suit, nice dandy tissue choice as usual, nice tie, don't like pocket square. suit has nice shape in shoulders, chest and lapels. wouldn't necessarilly of thought to do that cloth as DB suit myself, but now that i see it, it works. if the back bothers you, i'm sure he can fix it, otherwise enjoy. for the next suit, perhaps would prefer a little more chest or maybe a bit lower waist or maybe its better not to fuck with it too much and let the maestro decide.

Yea my pocket square collection is pretty bad... I will hopefully find some good ones next time I am in Italy.

I will echo much of what has been said.

As an aside, very nice pics. They are SF CosPlay calibre.

I would not have pictured the tissue in a DB but it looks good

Nicely cut suit. Fits you quite well.

Plain PS would be way better

Are you saying in the latest pic that an attempt was made to fix the pucker?

The second pic of the back was just to show that the issue on the left side isn't that bad (in the first pic I'm leaning to the left... my drop shoulder is on the right shoulder)... The pucker on the bottom of the jacket is the imperfection to me... I think it's partly because the back is unlined and the fabric is really thick so it just doesn't want to fall down properly. Probably would be remedied if I had gone with a single center vent. Will try my next suits with single vents just for the hell of it haha.

Not sure what puckering you're referring to. It's un likely to be due to being unlined. Lining shouldn't really have any effect on how material hangs but if done badly would prevent suiting hanging cleanly. Absence of lining shouldn't cause that. My experience is that unlined jackets, all other things being equal, hang equally as well, possibly better, than lined.

Looks, on insufficient evidence for a conviction, to be caused by too much waist suppression. But it's doesn't look all that bad and I'd guess in real life it would be unnoticeable even by Internet suit scientists.

Verdict: suit not good for wearing on Internet if showing back view in hi res. Probably suitable for wearing on net in slightly out of focus front robo-pose or toilet mirror shot. Well suited to real life apre grouse hunting soirees or menswear sales assistant look book photo shoots with arnathor or boozy long lunch at mid priced lap dancing establishment with Fwiffo.

Last edited:
did you ask for the suit to be unlined?

or did the teacher pirozzi suggest it?

did the teacher pirozzi suggest it?
This is a Pirozzi's coat for a suit of Mr WeakMonday WeakMonday . When is well guided Pirozzi is a very versatile and skilful tailor. Note how much is clean and sharp this coat. Unfortunately many pictures of Pirozzi's work depict garish things like the horse blanket of Gianni. But the cut of Pirozzi is very remarkable;he is one of few Neapolitan tailors remained of the true Neapolitan structurate school.

This is a Pirozzi's coat for a suit of Mr WeakMonday WeakMonday . When is well guided Pirozzi is a very versatile and skilful tailor. Note how much is clean and sharp this coat. Unfortunately many pictures of Pirozzi's work depict garish things like the horse blanket of Gianni. But the cut of Pirozzi is very remarkable;he is one of few Neapolitan tailors remained of the true Neapolitan structurate school.

He is the Maresca's tailor nowadays, i meant Carfora who does a very good stuff. I was with him on Maresca's house last Saturday.

Maresca showed us, well he was wearing it, the jacket whose shoulder is on the world wide famous pic of shoulder explanation of spalla camicia, concave or normal. That is a Pirozzi jacket.

On the pic, it seems the jacket has a great fit as only the shoulder is seen but on the reality, is an squared fridge carton like terrible ill fitting 3 sizes more like most of GC jackets.

He is the Maresca's tailor nowadays, i meant Carfora who does a very good stuff. I was with him on Maresca's house last Saturday.

Maresca showed us, well he was wearing it, the jacket whose shoulder is on the world wide famous pic of shoulder explanation of spalla camicia, concave or normal. That is a Pirozzi jacket.

On the pic, it seems the jacket has a great fit as only the shoulder is seen but on the reality, is an squared fridge carton like terrible ill fitting 3 sizes more like most of GC jackets.
OLOLO I was just about to post the exact same post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom