The War With ISIS/ISIL

Discussion in 'In The News' started by Rambo, Sep 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Lord Buckley

Lord Buckley Well-Known Member

The Mancunians are a hardy bunch, tough and not afraid of getting stuck into an affray. A large and violent criminal underclass who won't take this attack on their manor lightly. Also large Islamic communities too.

As I mentioned in another thread, the Islamic community in the UK is going to be put under extreme pressure from a number of sources. Some of this will be at street level and will be rough justice as the perpetrators will see it. Tit for tat escalation seems possible.

I don't believe these deaths are going to be easily swept under the carpet in a wave of emotive hashtags by millenials and celebrities. I think this has sowed the seeds for a Bloody Sunday type reaction as recruiting sergeant to a more organized and paramilitary response to terrorism in the name of religion.

2. OfficePants

OfficePants Well-Known Member Supporter

By who? They may be a hearty bunch at dinner time, but the public taking up arms? I doubt that.

3. Lord Buckley

Factions will, the Brits won't tolerate having their noses rubbed in dog turd indefinitely pretending it is a rose garden. The time will come when the attacks on our children become too much, even for the French and Swedish to tolerate. Hopefully the security services will man up to the task at hand, if not, the paramilitaries will eventually plug the gaps.

To pretend that everyone will just suck it up and accept that in modern societies this is normal and part and parcel of living in a multicultural society is delusion. Events will overtake and are overtaking the reality script. You can control Twatter and the MSM all you like, if you don't have the physical ground it matters nought.

4. Fwiffo

Fwiffo Well-Known Member Supporter

[​IMG]

No escape now....

5. Scherensammler

Scherensammler Well-Known Member

Given the latest massive suicide bomb attack in Kabul some fucktards want to stop deportation to Afghanistan!
    Not that they deport anyone, but I guess it's "just in case"!

6. Fwiffo

ISIS attack on Tehran

ISIS really making the rounds here. Last ditch efforts from a flailing caliphate?

7. Scherensammler

More like doing the people/ countries who fund them a favour.

8. Fwiffo

Mosul battle

"Fewer than 1,000 militants are now besieged in IS-controlled parts of the Old City and several adjoining northern districts, along with some 100,000 civilians."

9. Fwiffo

10. Lord Buckley

It doesn't matter, there's plenty queuing up to do Satan's work for him.

11. OP
    OP
    Rambo

Rambo The Trollest Of Trolls Moderator

12. Scherensammler

Isn't one of the theories that Baghdadi is actually a Mossad agent and sitting safely in some CIA bunker?
    And then there is our old friend McCain:

[​IMG]

13. Fwiffo

[​IMG]

This map reminds me of the final days of the Third Reich. You can go from the eastern to the western front in 15 minutes.

14. Fwiffo

US coalition downs Syrian warplane

With the diminishing territory of the caliphate it was only a matter of time before folks started expending munitions at one another. I'd love to see the ratio of attacks on ISIS versus "other" parties in six months when the caliphate shrinks further.

15. Scherensammler

Why are "rebel" forces fighting ISIS now?
    Chances are that ISIS fighters just become "rebel" fighters. After all, they are both sponsored by the same people and have the same goal/ purpose.

16. Lord Buckley

17. Fwiffo

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40363671

"The Iraqi commander in charge of the offensive to retake Mosul said troops were within 50m (160ft) of the mosque when IS 'committed another historical crime'. Footage released by the Iraqi forces shows the ancient landmark being demolished."

They were 50 metres away? How small is the battlefield now?

18. Fwiffo

19. Scherensammler

Where did the others go? Over to Syria, fighting as "moderate" rebels against Assad? Or into Afghanistan to prepare for an attack on Iran?
    Isn't it strange that "ISIS" shows up conveniently in countries that are opposed to US strategies?

20. Fwiffo

Philippines is the new capture & hold battleground for the caliphate. Chechens, Arabs and other foreign fighters spotted there.

But I heard awhile ago some of the leadership left for Libya because it's a mess there and you can hide amongst all the factions.

21. Lord Buckley

Many also are back in Europe. Big gains to be made here.

Show Sidebar