WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Thanks, hope it fits! If not, the same ebay store sells another couple nice giaccas a size bigger. I think they are all Harris tweed brand RTW...

I finally have a navy knit, thank you verri much aristoi bcn aristoi bcn
IMG_20171127_121011.jpg

Some recent eBay finds. . .

Classic Paul Stuart Navy Repp Stripe:

s-l1600.jpg

Battistoni Mogador Stripes:

s-l1600.jpg

Battistoni Italia '90 Commemorative Tie:

s-l1600.jpg

And the iGent PSs have arrived today as well:

IMG_1494.jpg

the charvet tie will make a nice offer for the angry gods. the other two are verri nice.

olo you spanish bad taster

the charvet is the best of the lot

You mean the best for the bonfire.
I'm no bad taster. Spanish can't be bad tasters. I even take my jackets to the tailor to re-hang the sleeves all twisted so I have proper spanish unsleeves.

Technically I haven't bought them yet but in a few days I'll go get measured for a pair of MTM light grey flannels, which are going to be my Christmas whim. Lumpen would kill me but I'm going to have them made in El Corte Ingles, their RTW fits well on me so it's basically choose cloth, tell them to make a huge (28-29 cm) leg opening for me and off we go.
Their RTW in my size is all dark, sad colors so I have no choice. They are such a staple and yet I can find fucking GREEN trousers but no light grey...

Last edited:
Technically I haven't bought them yet but in a few days I'll go get measured for a pair of MTM light grey flannels, which are going to be my Christmas whim. Lumpen would kill me but I'm going to have them made in El Corte Ingles, their RTW fits well on me so it's basically choose cloth, tell them to make a huge leg opening for me and off we go.
Their RTW in my size is all dark, sad colors so I have no choice. They are such a staple and yet I can find fucking GREEN trousers but no light grey...

I thought you were a budding master tailor going by your waist coat attempts? Isn't trousers one of the easiest things to tailor? Certainly easier than a vest!

I thought you were a budding master tailor going by your waist coat attempts? Isn't trousers one of the easiest things to tailor? Certainly easier than a vest!

We'll see how the vest turns out!
The thing is that I don't have a sewing machine and trousers have long, long seams... Vests not so much.

Technically I haven't bought them yet but in a few days I'll go get measured for a pair of MTM light grey flannels, which are going to be my Christmas whim. Lumpen would kill me but I'm going to have them made in El Corte Ingles, their RTW fits well on me so it's basically choose cloth, tell them to make a huge (28-29 cm) leg opening for me and off we go.
Bottom leg opening 28cm!!!!

Bottom leg opening 28cm!!!!

I've measured my current rtw pents, 24 cm and they look tapered... Just keep in mind I have a 48 inch waist so straight pants are going to be naturally wide on the bottom... very wide.

The most recent haul off the e-bayz.

Kent & Curwen for All England Lawn and Tennis Club:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg

Drake's with drakes:

s-l1600-2.jpg

Carroll & Co repp stripe with the colors of my favorite club:

s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg

pents ordered. Vitale Barberis light grey woollen flannel, finally went with 25 cm. leg opening w/4.5 cm cuffs. two pleats, roomy overall. didn't set me back as much as I expected, hope they turn out well.

also found this on the bay and it had to come my way, tweed blazer (wonder why sellers put pins on the back of plus size garments. if I looked at just the picture I'd never have thought it would fit)

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
pents ordered. Vitale Barberis light grey woollen flannel, finally went with 25 cm. leg opening w/4.5 cm cuffs. two pleats, roomy overall. didn't set me back as much as I expected, hope they turn out well.

also found this on the bay and it had to come my way, tweed blazer (wonder why sellers put pins on the back of plus size garments. if I looked at just the picture I'd never have thought it would fit)

View attachment 26818

Almost a 10" leg opening? Yikes!

Almost a 10" leg opening? Yikes!

As I said above, I am large. Trust me 25 cm doesn't look disproportionate on me, it's even a slight taper. The base model for MTM had a 21 cm. opening and it looked terrible on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom