WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

It's not today, but Friday night I bought a pre-owned Charvet tie, burgundy and silvery blue nailhead. Looks barely worn, no snags, $45. The thing is gorgeous!

Pictures, please!

I am sure that the "awful tie aficionados" of this forum ( FriendCustomer FriendCustomer , rdiaz rdiaz , Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith , myself, and to a lesser extent CesareRomiti CesareRomiti ) would be edified by the appearance of this specimen.

20180115_114459-1.jpg

Here it is in action. The dimple just appeared naturally and easily. The tie really does change colors in different light. Love it and can't think of a better way to honor Dr. King's memory.

Don't ever wear that tie with anything other than a worsted suit, boy. It looks out of place with that jacket. You could also wear it with blazers.

View attachment 27509

Here it is in action. The dimple just appeared naturally and easily. The tie really does change colors in different light. Love it and can't think of a better way to honor Dr. King's memory.
It looks gorgeous, and the knot looks lovely as well! I dissent from Senyor Díaz's opinion: wearing sleek "business" ties with tissu that has some texture is an entirely legitimate style move, quite akin what one does with a silk pochette on a tweed jacket.

The crease is a little disappointing. . . Try hanging it in the bathroom next time you're taking a hot shower and see if the steam takes care of it.

I didn't even see the crease until I saw the photo. Good idea on the steam, I'll try that.

Rdiaz, pero me mola tanto en esta foto...

I'd wear that tie with a flannel suit. That's got texture. But not really with a SC, it just pops at me.

It looks gorgeous, and the knot looks lovely as well! I dissent from Senyor Díaz's opinion: wearing sleek "business" ties with tissu that has some texture is an entirely legitimate style move, quite akin what one does with a silk pochette on a tweed jacket.

The crease is a little disappointing. . . Try hanging it in the bathroom next time you're taking a hot shower and see if the steam takes care of it.

im all for marinella type patterns with jackets, but those two tone charvet ties do not work outside of suits.

btw i love charvet ties, they always tie a perfect knot. tricky business finding patterns that suit me though.

Did not buy, but found at the back of a storage bag this nasty old Austin Reed thing. I think it was dirt cheap somewhere but I never wore it... too bright, and a very dated gorge and buttoning point. Might be rdiaz rdiaz approved, with such a pattern.
20180116_142257.jpg

I almost picked up this beautiful PoW suit this morning. Nice heavy cloth by Dugdale, appears to have been made yonks ago by a local tailor. Unfortunately I don't think I'd ever have an occasion to wear it.
20180116_124158.jpg

The T&A shirt sale has been rather good this January with plenty of their Classic range creeping in amongst the seasonal shirts. Sadly, I moved too slow and missed out on some beauts, but bagged myself these two last night:

sh1440007_c1.jpg

sh1291007_1_1.jpg

It could be, but I'd be surprised
Would still be a rather casual suit

It's a jacket... A mainline Zegna one. Virgin wool, not as textured as it looks. It's suitable for business. May not be an ideal match but I like the way the combo looked :)

I bought one of those Barbour waxed ungiaccas. Your aristocracy and royalty pics have convinced me.
Used, with what seems to be a nice patina. We'll see.

Shipment of Loake seconds arrived in my local shop so I picked up a pair of black Aldwych, as a replacement for my current ancient oxfords, and polo suede Cannon double monks, for full iGentry. Might return the latter for the DMs in black instead...not totally convinced

- Two pair of shoes ( one is black another is brown) from Adidas
- A hoodie with black color, details in white
- Three jeans and a black pants for business trip
- A second-hand Mazda RX8 2004 for sale which I bought online, quite good (https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-mazda-rx-8-for-sale-year2004)
- A new kitchen stove for my wife

your trolling skills give me serious Wood. Olweis verri impressed with those that play the long and subtle game.

A pair of Dents gloves. Made in the Czech Republic. The Czech Republic! The very same model was made in England up to five years ago. Sic transit. And sic transit their sizing too.

A pair of black unlined Peccary Merola gloves and four knitted wool/cashmere ties from Sozzi (navy, burgundy, bottle green and dark brown have been my sales purchases this year. I paid half of the retail price of them, which makes me feel verri happy.

gants-pecari-noir.jpg
sozzi_fw17_8_.jpg

Barbour craze. I found an almost pristine navy Bedale on the bay for cheap. I am starting to lose weight so as spring approaches I won't buy any more tailored jackets until weight settles. Needed something to live in that won't look as bad if it becomes oversized.

Pringle of Scotland (I hope made in the UK, but was cheap enough not to care) lambswool cable knit
s-l400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom