WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Journeyman

Supporter
Ratings
Since Ali started there l tried to only go their on weekends so l could avoid him.
You probably weren't the only one - he was so obnoxious that people started to actively shop elsewhere, rather than risk going in to Henry Bucks and having to deal with Ali.

There's a similar store in Brisbane that used to have a really irritating, unctuous manager. I stopped going there because I found him to be so off-putting.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
You probably weren't the only one - he was so obnoxious that people started to actively shop elsewhere, rather than risk going in to Henry Bucks and having to deal with Ali.

There's a similar store in Brisbane that used to have a really irritating, unctuous manager. I stopped going there because I found him to be so off-putting.
Yes, his ways weren't suitable for Henry Bucks. The typical customer doesn't want to be fawned over and upsold all the time. The flagship store is pretty low key with no pressure, and l like to plan a purchase and spend according to a budget. If l plan to spend $500 l don't want to walk out having spent $2,000. I think the average customer at H.B probably thinks this way, he has a limit on what he is prepared to spend, this is the real world. Ali's clothing style didn't suit the shop and heritage of the place either. After Ali arrived there l noticed other salesman started upselling too. It probably works for some places, but not somewhere like HB.

I got a compliment from various staff about my custom aran jumper, but the way the old sales guys did it was just right...it was natural. I met a new guy as l was walking in, and instantly l didn't want to be around him. He was too false and off-the-plant. The old HB salesman are kept on because they know how to deal with customers and make them feel at ease. It's important to act like a human being and not be an alien.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
Eurex by Brax dark bone luxury cords (made-in-Germany).

Bought the last pair in my size at Henry Bucks. I am really delighted because:

- the fit is the best l have ever had with cords
- good cords are hard to find in Oz
- good fitting cords are as rare as hen's teeth.

I feel very lucky, but we still get ripped off because cords from Cordings are under $200.00 where-as H.B cords are $350.00. What else can l do, no choice but to pay it.

Top Bottom