What TV Shows Are You Watching?

How would you rate it on the whole?

I wouldn't say it was the strongest season but it's not the weakest either. I think it's better than Seasons 3 or 4 - which both were a blur to me. I reckon it will be difficult for new people to get into this show. The first part was okay with the election campaign, but the second part where it was alluding to the Zoey Barnes murder, the Chinese corruption and Raymond Tusk, Jackie Sharp, Rachel Posner, the liver donor fiasco - you have to have seen the previous seasons to make any sense out of it. The "plot twist" at the end was so improbable it was a deus ex machina dropped in to reset the series for Claire to be the star and push the old guard out.

One of the main issues with the show is the cast is growing too big to be encapsulated in 13 episodes. When Frank Underwood was whip, 13 episodes was able to develop a coherent story. Since he became President, people spend so little screen time it's like they're almost cameos. I think the Speaker of the House and the House whip show up for a grand total of 20 minutes in the entire season. Other than Cathy Durant you don't know anyone in cabinet so it's always easy (lazy?) to put some grumpy general in a room and call him the bad guy. They could have cut out the pointless sex scenes between Tom and Claire and reallocated that to plots with the real movers and shakers. For example, the Herald reporter suddenly becomes deputy press secretary - what?! I had the same shocked look that Seth did. Did I miss a scene?

Just caught the first episode of the new ITV show The Loch. May be good, may not. Need more time to tell.

jesus that was a boring episode of american gods

Yeah, you need Wednesday and Shadow to keep it interesting. The leprechaun is awesome, but only when he's angry. Zombie girl is alright, but she can't carry an episode. Next week is the last episode, too bad.

Yeah, you need Wednesday and Shadow to keep it interesting. The leprechaun is awesome, but only when he's angry. Zombie girl is alright, but she can't carry an episode. Next week is the last episode, too bad.
I'd like to see more of ibis and jaquel as well.

Preacher season 2 will air in a week. If you haven't seen season 1 yet, now is the chance to catch up!

i just can't get over dominic whatshisface as a texas preacher. some awful casting in that show.

I didn't know any of the actors nor the comic books before I saw preacher, so I had no preconceived notions. I still think it's the best show based on a comic book atm. Beats a lot of marvel/DC movies too.

man orphan black has completely gone off the rails. does anyone even care about this shit at this point? there's a 170 year old man in play now.

I thought it was in its final season - which usually means it was deteriorating for awhile yes?

forgot to update the thread - fortitude season one was EXCELLENT. everything you'd want out of a thriller. season two seems to have picked up right where it left off. can't recommend this highly enough.

power watched the rest of season 2 of fortitude last night. it got a little off the rails at the end but i still would recommend it.

anyone watched the first episodes of the jim jefferies show yet? if you like his humor you'll enjoy it.

anyone watched glow yet? just downloaded the first three episodes.

skipped through the first season. its not good but if you like wrestling and feminism its good. marc maron is great in it though.

I happen to like wrestling. I like the show, but wish they would have shown more wrestling. Solid B.

this new netflix show Gypsy is the worst trite yuppy dogshit i've ever seen. it may be the most boring show ever.

doghouse doghouse you keeping up with The Loch? if so, is it still good?

Kind of a sore subject at the moment. Internet is intermittent so I watch like five minutes of tonight's episode and then lose signal. I gave up and I'm gonna try again tomorrow.

To answer your question though, it's not terribly unique or creative, but it's reasonably well written and I am totally sucked in now and really want to know who fucking did it.

To answer your question though, it's not terribly unique or creative, but it's reasonably well written and I am totally sucked in now and really want to know who fucking did it.
well whenever the shitty corporation who controls your internet decides to get it working again, keep me updated.

well whenever the shitty corporation who controls your internet decides to get it working again, keep me updated.

If you ever read headline "Man blames all of life's problems on Cox Cable", you'll know it was me.

Finally got round to watching The Walking Dead season 5 & 6. Not bad at all if you fwd the boring bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom