What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Any better names for a generic tv/movie thread?

Anyone see the season finale of The Following? Holy shit!

The acting really was quite good. I kept thinking I'd get bored with it but dammit if it wasn't enjoyable.

Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters - What a steaming load of crap. Even the effects are horrible. How Jeremy Renner got to be an action star is beyond me.

Jack Reacher - Cruise as a lawless man is a bit implausable, but it was an ok way to spend 2 hours. The story kind of dragged in parts though. Could have cut 20 minutes and be better off. The female lawyer had wonderful breasts.

Superman Unbound - this is the new animated Superman movie. 7/10. I really liked what they did with Braniac but they completely killed the ending. Voice acting was fair but John Noble as Braniac was an inspired, and excellent choice.

Orphan Black - this is a new (7 eps in so far) series on the BBC about a girl who finds out she's a clone. Been pretty good so far. The acting's not that amazing, but its interesting and sci-fi related, so I'm sticking with it.

On the same note: Defiance. This is the new SyFy series about an alien invasion and life afterwards. Only 4 episodes in so far. I have a feeling this is going to need the whole season one to get going anywhere.

The Thick of It - Absolutely great British political satire. I really don't know shit about British politics but I didn't feel like that was much of a hindrance to getting the point. Malcolm Tucker is an amazing character. "It's like Shawshank Redemption but with more swimming through shit and no redemption."

Misfits - Entertaining punk rock supernatural show. The storylines get kind of flakey but the premise is intriguing and the cast is good.

Misfits falls apart after season 3. It was ok watching up till then. What would you compare The Thick of It to?

OZ The Great & Powerful - Story is weak but its a beautiful movie visually. If you've got a big screen blu-ray its worth a rental.

I was on a flight with cable TV and watched this car wreck of a show from Bravo called Million Dollar Listing. Its Real Housewives meets Dragon's Den. It follows some very flamboyant real estate agents as they wheel and deal in NYC. What a hilarious mess.

One of the series I like a lot if The Mentalist, but it's mainly because of Amanda Righetti... wow.

Amanda Righetti3.jpg

I like to watch Arrow too, but just becuase of this girl... with glasses she looks adorable.

felicity-smoak.gif

There were a few chapter in which this girl appeared... wow.

JessicaDeGouW.jpg

Behind The Candelabra - I think Douglas is going to win an award for his portrayal of Liberace. The movie was a bit slow in parts, but overall was enjoyable.

Bates Motel on demand from A&E. Children's Hospital on Netflix... the show has a few years worth of dust on it but it's still the current apex of comedy. The. Apex.

Also, if you STILL have yet to see Orphan Black, its getting very very good.

It was good but got a bit scattered. Too many cliches and unnecessary cuts back and forth to the different clones. Also, the Russian chick was not convincing. It risks becoming another Fringe.

It was good but got a bit scattered. Too many cliches and unnecessary cuts back and forth to the different clones. Also, the Russian chick was not convincing. It risks becoming another Fringe.

No, she wasn't that convincing as a Russian. But as a crazy broad, she did well I thought. I like where they're taking it with the patenting. And, I loved Fringe, so that's ok with me.

Fringe got real stupid real fast. I agree, the patent part is good. Is it one girl doing it all? Or is she twins or triplets or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom