Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

I'm attending a global Skype meeting presenting how my department should work from my functional boss in the US and his peers in the UK and Germany. It describes what we do and how other departments should interact with us to the people who work with us. I had no input in it. I had no awareness of this. I'm listening for the first time like the internal customers of my department.

I'm attending a global Skype meeting presenting how my department should work from my functional boss in the US and his peers in the UK and Germany. It describes what we do and how other departments should interact with us to the people who work with us. I had no input in it. I had no awareness of this. I'm listening for the first time like the internal customers of my department.

The madness and dysfunction in organisations is strong at the moment. It's really a case of resorting to telling how it is and hope that the shareholders don't commit ritual suicide through a toxic cocktail of pride, failure to allow innovation and listening to the usual fuck-ups who continue to deliver failure behind the respectable veneer of various certifications you now buy off the shelf.

My flat's a mess after the showings yesterday. Partially closed balcony door. Someone rearranged my spice counter...why!? Someone moved all my booze bottles to the side (Mormons? Muslims?). They are on the counter along with my two old fashioned glasses as you walk in.

Another 3 showings today.

Viral throat infection. I’ve been trying to soldier through it the last couple of days but it suck. I even have a shit tonne of Amoxicillin, but of course it isn’t Strep.

Viral throat infection. I’ve been trying to soldier through it the last couple of days but it suck. I even have a shit tonne of Amoxicillin, but of course it isn’t Strep.

How are you going to save the eastern seaboard yanks?

You know it's worse when you reach out and get ignored than when you are plain ignored and considered not relevant.

Independent certified organic farmers committing fraud and admitting it to me after I buy their poisoned food and then have to return. Third farmer I've had this happen now.

Last edited:
How can you tell?

The one from last week did a bait and switch, bacon that's been cured with just salt and water for past couple years don't even look at the label anymore but noticed when I got back to the apt the current batch had nitrites, dextrose, sodium phosphate, and sodium erythorbate. They told me today the butcher put them in by accident last time and they'd rather sell it than throw it away. They refunded me though unlike the other two farmers.

A ton of conventional grain feed (poison) only costs $350 a ton. A ton of organic grain feed (poison free) costs $1200 a ton so there's a huge financial incentive for struggling small farmers to commit fraud.

We all are. But that's what health insurance is for.

:ahahahaha:

I don't ever eat bacon unless a recipe calls for it and then I buy the cheapest one. I reckon I'm poisoned now.

However, I have also been called a poison.

My ex boss just fired someone in my department and said take my guy instead in his place - probably because I don't have budget or headcount to keep him but you take it. But my guy will still do stuff under my direction. Yeah go sod off.

I knew I was going to be persona non grata after submitting my four week notice at work. I didn't think people would be overriding me at the end of week one.

Peers, my boss and my staff find it strange at times that I still get passionate about things even though they are past my last day of employment here. Today one of my more senior staff members told me to relax. I feel like I gave up on the team now.

In 12 months I am in the process or have lost both homes, my job and all of my lady friends.

That the only thing I can claim to have salvaged since the house of cards started tumbling last year is a new and better job is poetic. It's poetic the only thing I am good at is work.

Someone said to me that I must be an amazing cook. No, I just work hard and spend a lot of hours which is ironically what I do for my success at work.

What was supposed to be a happy day ended up being one in complete defeat.

In 12 months I am in the process or have lost both homes, my job and all of my lady friends.

That the only thing I can claim to have salvaged since the house of cards started tumbling last year is a new and better job is poetic. It's poetic the only thing I am good at is work.

Someone said to me that I must be an amazing cook. No, I just work hard and spend a lot of hours which is ironically what I do for my success at work.

What was supposed to be a happy day ended up being one in complete defeat.
Sorry to hear life's got you down. But hey, you get a fresh new start in a new town and a new company. Many of us would kill to be able to start over somewhere new.

Sorry to hear life's got you down. But hey, you get a fresh new start in a new town and a new company. Many of us would kill to be able to start over somewhere new.

I’m not moving out of the city. Just moving places. I suspect my father will give me some of the six digit windfall from the family home sale so I have a pile of money on top of a pile of money and some job as an executive. I guess man always covets the things that someone else has.

I’m not moving out of the city. Just moving places. I suspect my father will give me some of the six digit windfall from the family home sale so I have a pile of money on top of a pile of money and some job as an executive. I guess man always covets the things that someone else has.
Sounds to me like things are looking up

But it can't buy you time as The Beatles could have sang. You're building something and all the while the time to enjoy it diminishes.

I watched another Beatles documentary over the weekend on Netflix and there was this 70 something year old in his Hillary in 2016 t-shirt spouting on about the counter-culture, Leary and Ginsberg. And so it has come to this: rock feels old. Back in the 80s it was still youthful and The Beatles music was only 20 years old. Now it all seems old hat and dated. Rock is dead. Sad really, and that's what I was thinking about this morning when I was rudely awakened by mosquito attack.

It can buy you time in the sense that if you have enough you can get other people to do things you would have had to do but don't want to, or you can retire early.

Would I have been happier steadily going up the ranks, permanently broke because I spent money on three women, living my life of debauchery with a brief weekend respite at the family manor? That's looking back I guess and I shouldn't do that.

I had a corner office down in Atlanta and I came back swearing I didn't want to be there because it attracted a swarm of attention and politics - everything from the most petty request to foolish Everests. Now I'm going to officially be in that corner office. Was that inertia or desire that hurtled me there?

I spent two hours making this chicken stew and I absent mindedly left it on the counter to cool all night because I was obviously distracted.

I spent two hours making this chicken stew and I absent mindedly left it on the counter to cool all night because I was obviously distracted.

Try finding a stew chicken next time you wanna make a chicken stew.

I don't get that.

Egg-laying hens "stew chickens" live about 18 months rather than "meat" chickens only 6 months so flavor of stew chickens are more developed.

Youre a stew chicken

I'm more of a water buffalo recently, we make the best oxtail, bone broth, yogurt and our 18 hour hip joint turns cartilage into the best fake mochi (real mochi's not healthy anyways) on the planet.

I could convert Shooey with just one meal and feed the buffalo with his baby trees.

Continuously eating out every day this week has made me bloated and fat.

Ordered appliance on sears.com few days ago set up delivery date for end of Dec. Tried six times changing delivery date to middle December both online and phone with non-native speakers to no avail. To get the delivery day I want now I had to cancel the order and replace the exact same order online. Of course Sears will hold my refund for 10 business days before returning.

I've reached that age, marriage and professional achievements where I should have some enjoyment and be getting a buzz about what I've achieved and where I'm going.....instead I'm locked into a lesser man's ceiling: all-inclusive holidays, we'll send the underperforming kid to this private school and you can do the school run, all the crap from the wife's work, phone calls in Italy about the other kid being stuck in my work lift and why aren't you doing something....after 2 minutes before they dropped them off....as if she couldn't go back herself.....all the political BS of the EU let's recreate the Soviet shite....

I want something more.....

If you can dance go to a soul club, plenty in the UK with folks your age and older:

Being an expat, what goes back on in the motherland is only second hand news to me now.

Sadly, the whole Motown, Stax and Northern Soul scene is completely lost to me now. I put it down to be totally into it when I was 14-15-16 years of age. Now, like Bruce Springsteen and a lot of ska, I just can't listen to it. But I respect the passion and those who dig it.

What a disaster of a day: eldest got a puncture on the first day they've ridden on the bike to secondary school. Get the phone call from the wife, as if it was my fault and can I go out and rescue them. Later, in the afternoon, I get some garbled message about someone's messed with the food at school and someone's in hospital and my eldest is ill at school and can I get to the doctors quick, because the missus is on the way to a job interview. So I get to the school, which is around the corner from my office and turns out someone fell on the eldest foot in the drama class. That was it and they were fully walking. But this did impact the first day of the extra lessons that's costing me nearly enough Euros 500 a month for.

I notice when things get barmy and weird it's generally a trend. So I ask myself what next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom