2018 Hurricane Thread (Formerly know as 2017)

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
My buddies down in Wilmington are looking down the barrel of this one.
Its looking pretty grim. You should be getting fucked mightly as well. Make sure you stock up. This country is run so poorly that shit will be fucked up for a while if yoi get hit

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
Its looking pretty grim. You should be getting fucked mightly as well. Make sure you stock up. This country is run so poorly that shit will be fucked up for a while if yoi get hit
My guess is slightly less than Isabel for us.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Last ECWMF looks brutal for Charleston. Straight left hook at the coast
Are you leaving? They're calling for evacuations. Even DC is in a state of emergency. I wonder where they will fly the President? Back to Trump Tower in Manhattan in I reckon.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
Cat 3 just refers to wind speeds - this thing is still a monster that will linger over the coastal areas with torrential flooding rains.
The floods are gonna be the issue, I think that's pretty much agreed upon at this point. The way this thing is looking to loiter is going to exacerbate it.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
Outer bands starting to make landfall. FEMA already foaming the runway by saying people should expect to be without power for weeks.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
Outer bands starting to make landfall. FEMA already foaming the runway by saying people should expect to be without power for weeks.
One of our jobs is scheduled to have a bunch of power poles relocated 1st week of October. I told the owner in case he wasn't aware that he wasn't going to see those poles moved for quite some time.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Current modeling suggests Isaac could turn up and hit Florida.

Invest 95L still a disorganized mess, but aimed at Corpus Christie now.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
Current modeling suggests Isaac could turn up and hit Florida.

Invest 95L still a disorganized mess, but aimed at Corpus Christie now.
don't tell me that god damn it. you see what this shit's like in the fucking carolinas. just imagine what a god damn nightmare it would be this year.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Modeling has it hitting the gulf side of Florida, but it’s too early to say with any certainty. My friend is the EMC in St Pete’s. She works harder than we do! Most hurricane-prone city in the US.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
They're saying this hurricane is going to push a blast of warm 25C weather into these here parts next week. Actually, appreciated the change in the weather of late, I've had enough of that 37C for near 8 weeks solid and no clouds in the sky. My experiences in the tropics is that you get plenty of cloudy and rain days, so you don't get bored with endless summer.

Top Bottom