2023 Hurricane & Other Amazing Awful Weather Thread

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Well, Harvey has already tea bagged the shit out of Texas, including our own MFDoom MFDoom .

Now Irma is heading for Dear Leader Grand Potentate Grand Potentate . It was looking ok for eastern seaboard this morning, but spaghetti tracks are moving back east.

thought they had bounced back west?
models_storm1.jpg

updates so far - gas lines at every single station at least 30 people deep. most places have no gas.

water is non-existent. i was at a Publix (like TESCO for you Euros) and there was a fight over the new shipment. people walking out with baskets full of gallons of water.

there was a fight for bread at another publix.

passed 4 separate traffic accidents alone.

the pharmacy had 400 prescriptions to fill.

I thought you were upstate Rambo?

Or whole state need to evac?

Hope you don't live in one of those flimsy wooden houses. Brick or reinforced concrete is where it's at!

Might be good to buy some supplies at the beginning of each hurricane season, instead of rushing to the store when one is announced and everyone has the same idea?

Stay safe!

updates so far - gas lines at every single station at least 30 people deep. most places have no gas.

water is non-existent. i was at a Publix (like TESCO for you Euros) and there was a fight over the new shipment. people walking out with baskets full of gallons of water.

there was a fight for bread at another publix.

passed 4 separate traffic accidents alone.

the pharmacy had 400 prescriptions to fill.

The mask of civility falls off at such times.

Hope you don't live in one of those flimsy wooden houses. Brick or reinforced concrete is where it's at!

Might be good to buy some supplies at the beginning of each hurricane season, instead of rushing to the store when one is announced and everyone has the same idea?

Stay safe!

Tall high rises can be pretty awful in storms. We're on the 10th floor here and the whole building shimmers and rocks in high winds. I would rather be closer to street level, not too close to sea level of course.

The mask of civility falls off at such times.

Tall high rises can be pretty awful in storms. We're on the 10th floor here and the whole building shimmers and rocks in high winds. I would rather be closer to street level, not too close to sea level of course.

You don't have to worry about hurricanes in holland, you silly man.

Stay safe!
yeah almost everyone has shit like flashlights and some batteries, but you can't possibly stock up with two weeks of gas, water, and dry food all the time. you sort of have to hit the store.

yeah almost everyone has shit like flashlights and some batteries, but you can't possibly stock up with two weeks of gas, water, and dry food all the time. you sort of have to hit the store.

Yeah, I guess if you live in a small apartment it might be tough. If you have a garage you can stock up on water, food and gas well in advance.

Ouch. I dread what the east is going to deal with.

Update: two cars totaled with flood damage, one truck stolen from a parking lot. I have more appliances outside my house than inside, and we've cut out hundreds of feet of drywall. Lower Kitchen cabinets are by the side of the road, as are the built-in bookshelves.

Everyone is back in our Houston office today, except for someone who is looking for a new address as his was a wash out. His missus and him had to be rescued. Some are still without water, no one else were flooded, and some had continued electricity throughout, but no internet.

They say a fifth of the city is a disaster zone and north of the city all the highways remain flooded. Nightmare going to the airport, but the toll roads are temporary free, but better to find alternative routes because of this. Heavy traffic.

Some were saved as they had built 2' above the 1992 high water mark. Which gave them 6'' of space from the flood waters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom