2023 Hurricane & Other Amazing Awful Weather Thread

I thought hurricanes lose strength when going over cold water. I don't remember the water around the British isles being particularly warm.

It's the Gulf Stream 'innit! That's why you get palm trees in Cornwall and on the Scottish islands.

6731A4A9-8B0D-4A56-85C1-B6F6C5158D9B.jpeg
83AB09B5-62F6-437D-87A4-5EA9CE5A311D.jpeg

My buddies down in Wilmington are looking down the barrel of this one.
Its looking pretty grim. You should be getting fucked mightly as well. Make sure you stock up. This country is run so poorly that shit will be fucked up for a while if yoi get hit

Its looking pretty grim. You should be getting fucked mightly as well. Make sure you stock up. This country is run so poorly that shit will be fucked up for a while if yoi get hit

My guess is slightly less than Isabel for us.

hope it doesn't get worse from here. they're saying it could still grow to a cat 5 and get larger at the same time.

I think it's definitely going to be getting larger. Cat 5, maybe, it's pretty far north for that.

Please hurricane gods let there be fewer hurricanes so I can get a bonus next year without the record claims payouts.

Last ECWMF looks brutal for Charleston. Straight left hook at the coast

Are you leaving? They're calling for evacuations. Even DC is in a state of emergency. I wonder where they will fly the President? Back to Trump Tower in Manhattan in I reckon.

Are you leaving? They're calling for evacuations. Even DC is in a state of emergency. I wonder where they will fly the President? Back to Trump Tower in Manhattan in I reckon.

No, it's going way south of me.

Cat 3 just refers to wind speeds - this thing is still a monster that will linger over the coastal areas with torrential flooding rains.

The floods are gonna be the issue, I think that's pretty much agreed upon at this point. The way this thing is looking to loiter is going to exacerbate it.

Outer bands starting to make landfall. FEMA already foaming the runway by saying people should expect to be without power for weeks.

FEMA: Today is the last good day to evacuate....

Is there ever a good one?

Outer bands starting to make landfall. FEMA already foaming the runway by saying people should expect to be without power for weeks.

One of our jobs is scheduled to have a bunch of power poles relocated 1st week of October. I told the owner in case he wasn't aware that he wasn't going to see those poles moved for quite some time.

Current modeling suggests Isaac could turn up and hit Florida.

Invest 95L still a disorganized mess, but aimed at Corpus Christie now.

Current modeling suggests Isaac could turn up and hit Florida.

Invest 95L still a disorganized mess, but aimed at Corpus Christie now.
don't tell me that god damn it. you see what this shit's like in the fucking carolinas. just imagine what a god damn nightmare it would be this year.

Modeling has it hitting the gulf side of Florida, but it’s too early to say with any certainty. My friend is the EMC in St Pete’s. She works harder than we do! Most hurricane-prone city in the US.

_103445926_optimised-florence_1340_15_09-nc.png

Is that top part hitting the Great Lakes on Tuesday? I had plans that day!

They're saying this hurricane is going to push a blast of warm 25C weather into these here parts next week. Actually, appreciated the change in the weather of late, I've had enough of that 37C for near 8 weeks solid and no clouds in the sky. My experiences in the tropics is that you get plenty of cloudy and rain days, so you don't get bored with endless summer.

Didn't this hurricane start on your side of the pond? I didn't know it can boomerang the other way.

Africa -> East Coast USA.

Right now, we’re all watching Isaac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom