2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
A year after the summer Olympics, here's the winter Olympics!

Everyone excited for some late night viewing or endless primetime replays?

Also how are cities capable of hosting summer *and* winter Olympics?

A year after the summer Olympics, here's the winter Olympics!

Everyone excited for some late night viewing or endless primetime replays?

Also how are cities capable of hosting summer *and* winter Olympics?
I'll just check the medal totals. fuck China and the games

These viewing times are as brutal as the ones for Japan. Good for insomniacs.

olympics-sponsorships-boycott.jpg

8 of 10 Canadians wanted a boycott of the Beijing Olympics. Not just diplomats but athletes too.

Coca Cola, Visa and Procter and Gamble are playing down their sponsorships.

I get a pay cheque from one of the sponsors.

Perhaps a sign of the times in our hyper nationalist culture, but the media is very interested in ex-pats and kids of first generation immigrants competing for countries that are not their country of birth. Most of it is on Chinese not born in China but competing for the Chinese flag.

I've seen Canadians or US competing for each other's countries, a Dutch man for Canada.

If they fail in their event there are questions as to their commitment to the Games. If they can't get clean coronavirus tests, it's a question of whether we should have let people represent us or train there.

Another Olympics. Another Russian drug scandal.

There are two brothers from Edmonton playing for China's ice hockey team. I swear their goalie is Russian.

Not sure I could do this biathlon event. With my blood pumping and then slowing down to shoot - I'd probably take the same tactic I did with hurdles and just run through the thing and hope to make it up on time.

I appreciate no one gave a toss about the Olympics but the Chinese closed with a plea for peace...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom