A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

like you'd be doing anything other than crying like a bitch about how you were mislead
QAnon larpers who vandalized the capitol deserve their punishment, blaming Fox News for their own actions is about as stupid as it gets and should not win them any sympathy.

I've been to Queen's Park, Hôtel du Parlement and Parliament Hill for work and only ever showed the buildings and staff the respect they deserved. I've also photographed PM Trudeau up close and while I think he is despicable I did my job with professionalism.

Lastly, I have not had a cable TV connection for almost 5 years now and I do not miss it, watching Fox News or MSNBC, etc as a confirmation bias is a waste of time. That said, I am guilty of only listening to 2-3 radio stations a week.

Cancel culture.
That is true, from a certain point of view.

pondering episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

What about this General Milley? Is there any truth in the allegations that he wilfully engaged in collusion and treason with Communist China, having ignored and lied to the duly elected President of the USA?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this - it's an interesting Twitter thread about Parler, a largely right-wing social media network that is (as I understand it) similar to Twitter.

It asks some interesting questions about the sources of funding behind Parler, and where a lot of Parler users come from.

What about this General Milley? Is there any truth in the allegations that he wilfully engaged in collusion and treason with Communist China, having ignored and lied to the duly elected President of the USA?

Before Trump became president, his National Security Adviser-in-waiting, General Flynn, called Russian officials and urged Russia not to react to US sanctions, with the strong implication (unsure if unspoken or spoken) that the sanctions would be lifted once Trump became president.

In other words, while not yet in government, Flynn conducted negotiations with an official from another country's government and, in so doing, directly undermined the policy of the sitting US president.

Many Republicans have long made it clear that they consider that what Flynn did was fine and that they don't have a problem with his conduct. In fact, they've actively defended and supported Flynn.

However, many Republicans are now baying for Milley's blood, calling him a traitor, because (if this Axios article is correct) he actually followed his Defence Secretary's lead and contacted his counterpart in the Chinese military to reassure China that the US was not planning an attack - which was actually correct.

Behind the scenes: In mid-October 2020, top Pentagon officials grew concerned about intelligence they'd seen. It showed the Chinese were consuming their own intelligence that had made them concerned about the possibility of a surprise U.S. strike against China, three sources familiar with the situation tell Axios.
  • One of the sources said: "I think they [the Chinese] were getting bad intelligence... a combination of 'wag the dog' conspiracy thinking and bad intel from bad sources."
Then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper worried the Chinese were misreading the situation and that their misperception could lead to a conflict nobody wanted.
  • Esper directed his policy office to issue a backchannel message to the Chinese to reassure them the U.S. had no intention of seeking a military confrontation. The message: Don't over-read what you're seeing in Washington; we have no intention to attack; and let's keep lines of communication open.
  • These backchannel communications were handled a couple of levels below Esper, one of the sources said. U.S. officials involved thought the Chinese received the initial message well. Milley followed up later in the month with a call to his Chinese counterpart to reiterate the message, two of the sources confirmed.

I can't help but wonder why the Republican party is at peace with Flynn's conduct, even though he was not even in government at the time, but considers Milley's conduct to be treasonous.

Before Trump became president, his National Security Adviser-in-waiting, General Flynn, called Russian officials and urged Russia not to react to US sanctions, with the strong implication (unsure if unspoken or spoken) that the sanctions would be lifted once Trump became president.

In other words, while not yet in government, Flynn conducted negotiations with an official from another country's government and, in so doing, directly undermined the policy of the sitting US president.

Many Republicans have long made it clear that they consider that what Flynn did was fine and that they don't have a problem with his conduct. In fact, they've actively defended and supported Flynn.

However, many Republicans are now baying for Milley's blood, calling him a traitor, because (if this Axios article is correct) he actually followed his Defence Secretary's lead and contacted his counterpart in the Chinese military to reassure China that the US was not planning an attack - which was actually correct.

Behind the scenes: In mid-October 2020, top Pentagon officials grew concerned about intelligence they'd seen. It showed the Chinese were consuming their own intelligence that had made them concerned about the possibility of a surprise U.S. strike against China, three sources familiar with the situation tell Axios.
  • One of the sources said: "I think they [the Chinese] were getting bad intelligence... a combination of 'wag the dog' conspiracy thinking and bad intel from bad sources."
Then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper worried the Chinese were misreading the situation and that their misperception could lead to a conflict nobody wanted.
  • Esper directed his policy office to issue a backchannel message to the Chinese to reassure them the U.S. had no intention of seeking a military confrontation. The message: Don't over-read what you're seeing in Washington; we have no intention to attack; and let's keep lines of communication open.
  • These backchannel communications were handled a couple of levels below Esper, one of the sources said. U.S. officials involved thought the Chinese received the initial message well. Milley followed up later in the month with a call to his Chinese counterpart to reiterate the message, two of the sources confirmed.

I can't help but wonder why the Republican party is at peace with Flynn's conduct, even though he was not even in government at the time, but considers Milley's conduct to be treasonous.
Reagan did something similar at the time of the Iran hostage crisis. There were negotiations to delay release of the hostages until Carter had lost the election.

Trump rambles, repeatedly lies, repeatedly confuses things in speech at rally in Iowa:

Despite that, and despite the fact he appears to be a genuinely awful human being, some people really appear slavishly devoted to him.

^ Is that real? In some ways, it sounds genuine but surely even Trump wouldn't put out a release like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom