A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

I hope Merrick Garland understands he is giving an egotistical narcissist a brand new platform to martyr himself on - or more likely make his supporters martyrs for.

As if record inflation, impending recession, abortion, climate change, war in Ukraine, competition with China, illegal migrants, monkeypox and other viruses were not enough for the Biden administration to tackle.

The optics are terrible. Even my Trump hating associates have weighed in...on the side of Trump.

Everything they've tried to get him on has so far proved very fake news indeed.

Does anyone believe this time it's any different?

They may well drop the nuclear codes in Melania's knicker drawer, or something of that ilk and say he was going to sell to Putin.

But we all know it's BS.

C94D9D6C-BACD-4533-A7CD-BFEFF93896C9.jpeg

Because whatever Trump is, he's not a fascist, a traitor, a Russian asset and nor should an ex-president of the USA be treated as such. But it does open a precedence for dealing with Biden if he's still alive when the Republicans take the House and storm the reality studio when they get the presidency.

yes he is
He's just a construction guy, that's the way they are: loud, Sgt Stryker tough, frightening, intimidating & uncouth to some, but they can get things done. The problem is, whilst the political and deep state class is decadent, they have certain fascist finesse and linger to certain niceties in manner, which Trump doesn't have. They can't counteract it by their statecraft. Hence he's a threat to their order and paradigm. And long may he be so.

I don't know, never saw Trump give a speech bathed in dark brooding blood red and a set design inspired by Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will.

"I frankly am skeptical of this claim that, 'I declassified everything.' 'Cause frankly, I think it's highly improbable. And second, if in fact he sort of stood over scores of boxes not really knowing what was in them, and said, 'I hereby declassify everything in here,' that would be such an abuse that shows such recklessness that it's almost worse than taking the documents."

Recklessness? You were part of the previous administration. Was it ever responsible and methodical?

Odds still in his favour that he will never do jail time for his crimes.

“However, making the case for a federal criminal prosecution is the responsibility of the U.S. Department of Justice rather than Congress. The House created the Jan. 6 committee to undertake a legislative investigation aimed at figuring out how to prevent future assaults on the Capitol and on democracy more generally. Ironically, in trying to hold Trump accountable under the law, the committee seems to be flouting the rule of law.”

For the DOJ what is the difference anyway whether this committee recommends charges or not, the DOJ are already in a separate investigation (Thanks Merrick Garland). I guess if the latter doesn’t pan out, let’s stick it to him with these charges?

“However, making the case for a federal criminal prosecution is the responsibility of the U.S. Department of Justice rather than Congress. The House created the Jan. 6 committee to undertake a legislative investigation aimed at figuring out how to prevent future assaults on the Capitol and on democracy more generally. Ironically, in trying to hold Trump accountable under the law, the committee seems to be flouting the rule of law.”

For the DOJ what is the difference anyway whether this committee recommends charges or not, the DOJ are already in a separate investigation (Thanks Merrick Garland). I guess if the latter doesn’t pan out, let’s stick it to him with these charges?

The House doesn’t prosecute, it investigates. As in this case. Duh.

The bar for US presidency: Instead of electing the guy with 3 piles of misplaced classified documents, elect me - I only had 1 mother lode.

The bar for US presidency: Instead of electing the guy with 3 piles of misplaced classified documents, elect me - I only had 1 mother lode.
The guy who refuses to hand it over or the guy who returns it as soon as discovered and cooperated with the investigation?

Anyway …

B1369833-0753-4A66-BD38-45FBFD9A9536.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom