A List Of The Most Prominent Clothing Shills & Their Network Connections

Allen Smithee

with all the moderation, shill and sales promoter talk. wouldn't it be useful to make a list of the most prominent shills and their network connections? in this context, what do people know about Frank Copperwood. he is omnipresent and its shameless obvious, imho.

So W walker , can you provide us with some examples to demonstrate Frank Cowperwood's shilling activities?

Is he a lone wolf or is he part of a cabal?

unless I twist in my sobriety, I will. talking the talk, FC, he is very active, some would say proactive, with panta, NMWA, alden, vass plus the new stars on the AH stage.

btw, edmorel has been my worst experince in context with affiliates. he sneaked to me and when we talked "Klartext", he got offensive. an unbelievable awkward performance. probably he isn't aware that you always meet twice in life. hi eddie...

True, true. Is it fair to say he is the prototype of the high profile menswear blogger-shill that every wannabe blogger aspires to.

Shlogger?

He was on the front end of shilling Passaggio Cravatte.

What else comes to mind?

Institches. Shilled for Spoo early and often. Has spread out into a more generalized shill. Always sings the praises of NMWA. Not sure if it is shilling for profit/discounts or to support a SF-bred AV

snitches - does the good old volunteer shill. Saves him thinking about anything original, curries favour, makes him seem like an insider with the groovy kids, gets him the odd freebee, fills in time while he pretends to work at the family sinecure. It also fits neatly with his own instincts which involve shilling to couples the mythology, nonsense and fictions about diamonds, their worth and desirability. Its an axiom that the best conmen believe their own bullshit and the easiest person to con is another conman.

The only slightly likable thing about snitches is that I often dream of Vox, Manton and Foo turning in their graves at his try hard pictures and pronouncements.

Nicely put. Although I'm pretty sure Stitch received compensation from Spoo at one point.

bQyT0Qf.gif

Belgian Dandy.

http://www.belgiandandy.be/index.php/en/

Highlights products believed to be of interest to the style-conscious individual. Little information beyond thumbnail sketches and visuals.

Shilled for PC (no update to reflect the scandal)

http://www.belgiandandy.be/index.ph...espoke-ties-by-passaggio-cravatte-100-vintage

Here is why I submit this blog for shilling beyond the call of duty:

Shoemakers http://www.handmadebrogues.com/

Hong Kong based (no idea where the actual crafting is done). Affordable GYW shoes with customizable options. Positioned to give the iGent who loves everything about AE seconds except the blobby lasts another option. Alternatively, represents a new choice for the iGent whose Meermin have already fallen apart.

So Belgian Dandy "ordered" a pair and did his expose:

http://belgiandandy.be/index.php/en...ade-brogues-shoemakers-passionate-about-shoes

Now, there is no real assessment of the shoes. A bit on the ordering process and an initial endorsement after a few days of wear.

But the action that brings me to raise the shill alarm is Raphael van den Poel's verbatim cutting and pasting of the company's website verbiage including a poorly worded and somewhat erroneous explanation of GYW:

Goodyear Welt construction: This traditional craftsmanship, with more material, is a more complicated shoemaking process and takes more time. In addition, stitching the upper, welt, medium sole and outsole, put together by 18 strands of cotton twine to increase the firmness and add cushioning material inside to enhance the comfort. From the appearance, Goodyear crafted is a little bit more plump and beautiful than the other craft.

Anyone purporting to be a menswear expert or a dandy should write their own material especially when they should be able to recognize dreck when they see it.

Jeez, I try not to be overly critic of what people do in general. We're all beginners initially, I know how hard it is when English is not your first language and so on, but that is certainly not the best piece of writing I've come across at the internetz. I especially lol'ed at this quote:

"Worn for amusement, a tie is noble; when imposed, it is vulgar"
- Gianni Cerutti

That makes no sense at all.

Jeez, I try not to be overly critic of what people do in general. We're all beginners initially, I know how hard it is when English is not your first language and so on, but that is certainly not the best piece of writing I've come across at the internetz. I especially lol'ed at this quote:

- Gianni Cerutti

That makes no sense at all.

Well put.

Gianni is a walking contradictions, partly fact and partly fiction.

With apologies to Kris Kristofferson.

- Gianni Cerutti
Dearest Mr. Cerutti:
I am interested in having your company supply corporate ties for my business. I have two dozen employees, and I do not trust them to chose their own ties, as they are required by my mandatory dress code. Would a bulk discount be available?

Blue Loafers

www.blueloafers.com

Writes a Polish & English blog. Newbie. Wannabe Crompton.

By day he is Mikolaj Pawelczak, engineer at Flint & Niell, a civil and structural engineering firm. He is in the London office.

But when the blueprints are put away he becomes a style provocateur.

Really nothing wrong with this.

So why do I think he is a shill? Well he's a menswear blogger. Duh.

Most are aware that he was a staunch defender of Gianni during the scandal. Being the intelligent, detail and fact-driven engineer that he is mattered not as he cast that aside to overlook the PC evidence before him.

He was taken to task by ConchitaWurst ConchitaWurst . In fact PM's were exchanged as he was to amend his PC love post to reflect reality.

Sadly, this has not yet occurred.

He sat [mutely] by when Gianni & Marta were confronted by an unhappy customer at the London trunk show. Did not think to intercede, intervene, question or ask why this customer was talking gibberish of inkjets & lies.

Still, it is not his place to insinuate himself into the lives of real people. He follows the prime directive and confines his activities to the ether of the e-waves.

But surely one always very bespoke, always very vintage, often hideous necktie does not a shill make, no?

So I offer this. If one looks at his purchase history, it is full of Luxire, SuitSupply, Shibumi, Vanda; nothing outlandish. Probably equal to his current station in life and buying power.

But then, in short order, bespoke suit from Graham Browne &'bespoke shoes from Foster & Son. Suit has to be at least ÂŁ1000-1500 range based on a quick survey. Shoes have to be at least ÂŁ1500-2000 range.

Has he been saving his Zloty's or is he getting freebies?

The suit doesn't seem too outlandish. The shoes, perhaps. But maybe he's unmarried without kids, maybe he's not saving anything, or maybe both.

Ammanati.... Strange guy.

You guys saw the email the blogger Uptown Dandy sent out about the Passaggio scandal? He empasizes a bit too much that the vintage aspect wasn't important to him in the first place. Anyway, here you go:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That grenadine is god damned everywhere. There are at least three in Korea. I think Cleav has one as well. We should see about putting a list together of who all owns that tie.

Last edited:
That grenadine is god damned everywhere. There are at least three in Korea.

Yes, kind of dumb to send the same tie to all of these bloggers. It never occurred to him that with all the internet posts people might start to find out that certain of his vintage thirsts were actually enough for 10 maybe even 20 ties. Instead of the maximum 4 ties he claimed in each of the interviews. What a dim guy. Also his use of Instagram is mind blowing. He doesn't edit or delete any of the snark. What a total fuckwit the guy is.

He is probably allowing it to stand so his lawyer and the police can track people down and have evidence of the misdeeds against him!

here we go:

Well apparently I'm not welcome in Mr. Fritzls thread. Below are a PM conversation in full (I know people dislike when you post PM:s, but I've never been treated in such an unfriendly way here on SF before, so I really don't care):

Austro-Hungarian
Conversation between fritzl and me

fritzl

Do you know what that means?

your shoes are not. this is not an update. this is spam and will be reported.

thank you sir.

j ingevaldsson

Are you serious? How can you be angry at me for posting in the thread? I've been reading the thread occasionally, find it interesting altough I'm not into the classical Austro-Hungarian styled shoes. But I've seen other shoes from among other's Maftei who don't fit into the classic Austro-Hungrian style, but who has been from makers with that origin. Have you sent PM:s to those though and accused them of spam too?

And if it don't fit in the thread, fine, you could tell me that in a much nicer way than this.

j ingevaldsson

Just one page back you'll find this post by Sdolina, who post a lot in the thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/57955/austro-hungarian-school-of-shoemaking/1275#post_6988488

A part from being wood pegged, it's not that much that differs from my shoes. Have you reported that post too?

fritzl

Have you sent PM:s to those though and accused them of spam too?

sure, why do you ask???

I'll pm Roxana tomorrow, if this is AH and then get this fuck out ot this thread. you got me? I hope so.

fritzl

read my first question carefully and then get back to me.

I really can't believe your ignorance. period.

j ingevaldsson

Wow. Great way to make people more interested in the Austro-Hungarian shoemaking there.

fritzl

that's just your opinion. nobody cares...

j ingevaldsson

Man, what have I really done to you? You're so unfriendly that it's almost scary.

fritzl

what is so complicating. get your fuck out of this thread and we are done. deal?

Apparently Fritzl doesn't like Mr. Shoegazing shilling for Maftei in the AH thread. Mr. Shoegazing has to bring the PM session to the public eye rather than dealing with it in private - of course, he likes to involve others in such dealings as witnessed by his thread on Robinson's Shoes.

Fritzl can be a grumpy old fart. But I can't stand those people who make public any little paper cut they sustain in the photocopy room in a effort to blackmail others. If I was Robinson's shoes I'd have sent him back his money, told him to keep the shoes and told him to shove the shoes and money up his arse sideways, told him never to order anything from me again and wished him a good day. Then I would have got on with dealing with normal good customers, poured a single malt and congratulated myself on ridding the business of an idiot customer running a protection racket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom