A Visit to a Local Cordwainer

Truth's shoos are more than respectable. They are not fancy pants shoes, but they are well built. Fantastic!

Nothing wrong with shabby looking boots if the construction and quality is good. Rough around the edges is o.k if you don't insist on fancy pants shoos.

What are those wingtip brogue boots in the shoe rack photo, the ones next to you locally-made buckle boots?

Vass, or something else?

Through Skoaktiebolaget?

What are they like? Better than Carmina? Similar?

They are holding up well. Fit is still great. A solid feeling boot what with the hand welting and pegging. Straps buckle easily but no evidence of excess stretching of holes. Leather is fine. Was not spectacular in the first place

They are in the queue for my next sheep shearing session
View attachment 12439
View attachment 12438

Hey Truth, want to name the makes of some of those shoes in the pics? They look like good ones.

Got a pic of your Cleverley bespoke?

Hey Truth, want to name the makes of some of those shoes in the pics? They look like good ones.

Got a pic of your Cleverley bespoke?

I'll have to dig up the Cleverley's as they are in storage somewhere and they are not in my wardrobes at work.

On the rack in no particular order are:

Papa Kiss x 1
Carmina x 2
EG x 2
StC x 2
JLP x 1
JLStJ x 1
Vass x 2
JMW x 1
Bonafe x 1
Church's x 1

I'll have to dig up the Cleverley's as they are in storage somewhere and they are not in my wardrobes at work.

On the rack in no particular order are:

Papa Kiss x 1
Carmina x 2
EG x 2
StC x 2
JLP x 1
JLStJ x 1
Vass x 2
JMW x 1
Bonafe x 1
Church's x 1

Wow, l am completely stunned, you have all the good ones. Are you a shooman? ie, do you really like shoos above most things?

Wow, l am completely stunned, you have all the good ones. Are you a shooman? ie, do you really like shoos above most things?

i am not a Shooman by definition nor deed. I am in the closet about shoos: shoos are in the closet and never worn! I am a boot man but not a Bootman.

I am in the closet about shoos: shoos are in the closet and never worn!
Such a pity, you buy all the good ones and never wear them.

I am a boot man but not a Bootman.

I used to be a bootman for a while, but now l am a shooman. Note: l am not a shoe man, nor am l a shoo man, but l am a shooman.

Levels of shoomen:

level 1 = shoe man
level 2 = boot man
level 3 = bootman
level 4= shoo man
level 5 = shooman (very high level)

Hey Truth, would love to see those JLP and Cleverley bespokes if you have some spare time to post them.

Such a pity, you buy all the good ones and never wear them.

I used to be a bootman for a while, but now l am a shooman. Note: l am not a shoe man, nor am l a shoo man, but l am a shooman.

Levels of shoomen:

level 1 = shoe man
level 2 = boot man
level 3 = bootman
level 4= shoo man
level 5 = shooman (very high level)

Hey Truth, would love to see those JLP and Cleverley bespokes if you have some spare time to post them.

Oh, the brands I quoted are all boots and all worn.

Of the shoos that hide in the closet i'd have to check what is left but there are some Vass, a Borgioli Norvegese, Barker Black and the Cleverley's. Can't recall what else. Have not worn shoos for 5+ years

I've located the Cleverley and will see if I can take pics of them and the JLP at work tomorrow.

I am happy to have plateaued at Bootman level 3. No shoos for me so I shan't rise any higher

I've located the Cleverley and will see if I can take pics of them and the JLP at work tomorrow.

Will be good to see them.

I am happy to have plateaued at Bootman level 3. No shoos for me so I shan't rise any higher

Sometimes we are not meant to stay at high levels Truth. No matter, sh*t happens mate.

The point is = you are medium level, so own it! Show the boot men at that level how it's really done (I am sure you do).

Will be good to see them.

Sometimes we are not meant to stay at high levels Truth. No matter, sh*t happens mate.

The point is = you are medium level, so own it! Show the boot men at that level how it's really done (I am sure you do).

Does that mean I have to start eating baby trees?

Eating baby trees = the highest level possible!!!

Eating fruit and vegetables = medium level.

Eating bacon and drinking coffee = caveman level.

Fried food = also at caveman level.

Supermarkets = havens for cavemen.

I always like to do things at very high levels Truth. It's just the way l am, but l wasn't always that way. I have climbed the ladder over time.

Last edited:
They are holding up well. Fit is still great. A solid feeling boot what with the hand welting and pegging. Straps buckle easily but no evidence of excess stretching of holes. Leather is fine. Was not spectacular in the first place

They are in the queue for my next sheep shearing session
View attachment 12439
View attachment 12438

Thruth Thruth Thruth Thruth Great looking collection, they look nicely worn and not too pretty. Real men's shoos.

Got anymore photos of your collection, i'd love to see them. Looks like you have all the good ones. I am particularly interested in seeing more of your shoos because you have very unusual taste in footwear. I only want to see your leather soled dress shoes, I have no interested in blobby casual boots etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom