Adult Daycare: Dealing with Employees

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
I very seriously considered buying a Kinder Care shirt for years when I ran a pipe crew because it was basically an adult day care center.

Finding a sliver of competence in any industry these days is impossible.

I have been asked to evaluate a clinician's skills as their employer questions them. The individual in question is trying everything he can to get out of this. Had the union suggest that because I had once been his boss and I had disagreed with his administrative decision-making it would be inappropriate for me to do the evaluation.

I suggested they were grasping at straws. I was his boss in another organization 13 years ago and that they should check his HR file to see if there were any grievances filed against me by him or any reprimands filed against him by me. There are neither

He later called asking if I could recommend any hotels nearby for him to stay at during his evaluation

Jajajajajja

Once uncovered an employee's complete plagiarization of someone else's report. He submitted it as his contribution of an upcoming accreditation site visit. Idiot had plagiarized the work of the very person who was coming to do the site visit.

When I called him on it, he said nothing and his union rep simply said "yes, he did plagiarize it and so what?"

Both he and the union rep left in tears.

Jajajjja

Once uncovered an employee's complete plagiarization of someone else's report. He submitted it as his contribution of an upcoming accreditation site visit. Idiot had plagiarized the work of the very person who was coming to do the site visit.

When I called him on it, he said nothing and his union rep simply said "yes, he did plagiarize it and so what?"

Both he and the union rep left in tears.

Jajajjja

I had a guy that worked for us about 15 years ago, stole several pieces of small equipment (pumps, saws, etc...). Kid you not, tried to sell them back to us as replacements for the missing items.

I had a guy that worked for us about 15 years ago, stole several pieces of small equipment (pumps, saws, etc...). Kid you not, tried to sell them back to us as replacements for the missing items.
Olo

Was he Colombian?

That brightened up my otherwise grey Sunday... Thank you!

Work has been unreal lately. Here's actual language from a legal complaint filed against me by one of my employees.

Examples of harassment she has experienced include critique of her work products, job duties being reassigned to another colleague while she was out on extended leave, and being talked to about falling asleep in meetings and for leaving meetings to answer her personal cell phone.

:areyouserious:

Dammit, that shit still brings tears to my eyes...

I had a 50 something year old (skip) employee in another office complain that his manager (my direct) took a photograph of him asleep with the manager's work mobile during a meeting with himself, the manager and some of his peers. He said it was an invasion of his privacy and he doesn't know what the manager will use the picture for; presumably to embarrass him to his peers or add to his human resources record.

How about people stop falling asleep in meetings - problem solved.

This was escalated directly to me from him and then separately from his manager. To be honest chaps, I have real issues to solve - which doesn't include therapy and counseling to the high school workplace drama in the suburbs of south hickville USA. I should just use Jack Nicholson's soundbite and play it when these inanities occur, "This ain't reality TV!" All men involved were paid in the six figures, not McDonald's entry level wages.

In my book falling asleep in a meeting either requires 1 getting the boot or 2 - two days sick leave, or 3 rehab

My first response if employee was generally good I'd be silently sneaking all members out of meeting and leaving sleeper there.

In my book falling asleep in a meeting either requires 1 getting the boot or 2 - two days sick leave, or 3 rehab

Requires sounds like an order mate. I reckon I'll have to make an accommodation for his deficiencies once he complains to some labour board who will say I'm discriminating against people with chronic sleep syndrome. Then I'll get sent for sensitivity training.

I had a 50 something year old (skip) employee in another office complain that his manager (my direct) took a photograph of him asleep with the manager's work mobile during a meeting with himself, the manager and some of his peers. He said it was an invasion of his privacy and he doesn't know what the manager will use the picture for; presumably to embarrass him to his peers or add to his human resources record.

How about people stop falling asleep in meetings - problem solved.

This was escalated directly to me from him and then separately from his manager. To be honest chaps, I have real issues to solve - which doesn't include therapy and counseling to the high school workplace drama in the suburbs of south hickville USA. I should just use Jack Nicholson's soundbite and play it when these inanities occur, "This ain't reality TV!" All men involved were paid in the six figures, not McDonald's entry level wages.

In Japan falling asleep is considered to be admirable, as it shows a good work ethic. Perhaps you should relocate him to the Tokyo office?

In Japan falling asleep is considered to be admirable, as it shows a good work ethic. Perhaps you should relocate him to the Tokyo office?

I don't know matey. He's a barely 6' man - reckon he's around 280lbs plus or minus depending on this diet he is never getting his money's worth on.

Will he fit? Will they have enough food for him?

I don't know matey. He's a barely 6' man - reckon he's around 280lbs plus or minus depending on this diet he is never getting his money's worth on.

Will he fit?

He will get stuck between toilet walls.

Will he fit? Will they have enough food for him?

So you also discriminate against larger people now?
You definitely need sensitivity training...

So you also discriminate against larger people now?
You definitely need sensitivity training...

Sensitivity? In our boss-less status meeting this morning I said to my peers, "This is a momentous day. It's the day Donald Trump takes the presidency. Mexicans - deport them. Muslims - ban them. Women - abuse them. "

Then one of the managers noticed someone taking hot food to his desk to eat and I said, "Build a wall around him."

Sensitivity? In our boss-less status meeting this morning I said to my peers, "This is a momentous day. It's the day Donald Trump takes the presidency. Mexicans - deport them. Muslims - ban them. Women - abuse them. "

Then one of the managers noticed someone taking hot food to his desk to eat and I said, "Build a wall around him."

Is that not common? I eat all my meals on my desk. Bad work ethic to not eat at your desk!

I recently fell foul and into a Kafkaesque nightmare: we have an employee who in the last 3 years has been off for 2, but in intermittent bouts, but for the last year she has been off for the full 12 months and now the person is in the final stages of being assessed to go on the permanent sick and be looked after by the state.

Every 6 weeks she would be assessed by the work's doctor and we would receive a report saying they were unfit for active duty, work and travel. So I parked the person and waited for the doctor to give the all clear that they were well again. Big mistake, I should have been having weekly minuted telephone calls and every six weeks our own face-to-face meeting again documented with them to discuss their recovery. This is despite them being unfit to travel. To top it all, under legislation here, we as the employer are not allowed to know what ails them as it is confidential and cannot ask this in the meetings. We also get dossiers with pie charts, bar charts, plot graphs and detailed notes on the recovery process, but again what the doctor has diagnosed is excluded.

Because I hadn't been having these regular meetings, one of the facilitators in the process, put the knife in and tried to take the position that I hadn't participated in the recovery process sufficiently enough as the employer and the insurance payments were at risk and also they could claim back money paid.

An utter nightmare, had to get the lawyers involved and everything.

I recently fell foul and into a Kafkaesque nightmare: we have an employee who in the last 3 years has been off for 2, but in intermittent bouts, but for the last year she has been off for the full 12 months and now the person is in the final stages of being assessed to go on the permanent sick and be looked after by the state.

Every 6 weeks she would be assessed by the work's doctor and we would receive a report saying they were unfit for active duty, work and travel. So I parked the person and waited for the doctor to give the all clear that they were well again. Big mistake, I should have been having weekly minuted telephone calls and every six weeks our own face-to-face meeting again documented with them to discuss their recovery. This is despite them being unfit to travel. To top it all, under legislation here, we as the employer are not allowed to know what ails them as it is confidential and cannot ask this in the meetings. We also get dossiers with pie charts, bar charts, plot graphs and detailed notes on the recovery process, but again what the doctor has diagnosed is excluded.

Because I hadn't been having these regular meetings, one of the facilitators in the process, put the knife in and tried to take the position that I hadn't participated in the recovery process sufficiently enough as the employer and the insurance payments were at risk and also they could claim back money paid.

An utter nightmare, had to get the lawyers involved and everything.
tl;dr

Just gave someone a very very moderate and tight fisted raise to keep 'em quiet. Combined with a bonus payment thought I would get away with it. They've just come in and complained that they thought the rise was monthly and not the yearly total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom