Adventures in Making Gin

OfficePants

Supporter
I'm going to do it. Stay fucking tuned.

If any of you pussies have ever done it, PM me (so I don't loose credibility here).

Where the fuck do you get juniper berries? Do you need a bathtub or a still? Are you worried about being raided by G-men?

what equipments do you have?

None yet. From what I'm reading there are 2 ways to do it, via infusion, or with a mini still. Not sure which to try. I guess infusion is easier but the traditionalist in me says I should be using a still.

Also, I am reading that many start with vodka as a base and not a pure spirit, I guess I can see the logic, but its not a lot different than all those Absolut bastardizations at that point.

Also, I am reading that many start with vodka as a base and not a pure spirit, I guess I can see the logic, but its not a lot different than all those Absolut bastardizations at that point.
Why bother if you're just adding a squirt of Mio to the shebang? Make from scratch!

In not-really related news, I talked to a guy that told me you could make wine by adding fermenting yeast to kiddy bottled grape juice from the grocery store. I was skeptical. He found some unlabeled stuff he had, and it wasn't so hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom