Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Ryan Owens

Because when men smile, it can at times look effete, a sign of submission. There's lots of research into this and that women find smiling men less attractive. That's why the best face to pose is one of heroic or noble defiance.
I would accept that... if these men were not already incredibly effete.

Great White Snark

qf Gerry Nelson and an endless series of shit-eating grins.
Ditto that Beardy Eidos fella who always looked like he was about to piss his pants with laughter in his sloppy suit pics.

Pimpernel Smith

Dave Sullivan knew how to wear a hat, while Kitty May have been one of my first pubescent crushes.
They went to great lengths to get the mise en scene right, especially as the war years where well within living memory in the very late 1970s and early 80s. It so resonated with the common the culture of the time, including the UK, with the elements of the home front and soap opera interlaced with the boys in the jungles on the Kokoda trail.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
That house and shops and a fair bit of outside was filmed a few streets away from where I am.

Great White Snark

Kenneth? Do you mean this one? I must confess that I covet that jacket.

Look at the cut. None of that iTalian cutaways front quarters nonsense, or overdone mappina. It's structured to the right degree, but has a soft natural shoulder. There's enough of a pattern to make it casual, but not so much that it overpowers the ensemble.

God damn I want that jacket.

I ve seen a similar Ben Silver jacket in Harris Tweed.
It’s a great ensemble till you get to the feet. All these earth times including brown belt but then stark white socks and black loafers. Would be much improved by either loafers or (obvious choice) brogues in rustic pebble grainn chestnut or burgundy.

Kingstonian

It’s a great ensemble till you get to the feet. All these earth times including brown belt but then stark white socks and black loafers. Would be much improved by either loafers or (obvious choice) brogues in rustic pebble grainn chestnut or burgundy.
Sir Bufton Tufton on top. Michael Jackson below.

Untermensch

He was being photographed by Allan Warren indoors. Then he was asked to step outside for a final photograph. Hence the loafers.

This one? http://www.bensilver.com/Straw-Sport-Coat-with-Multi-Colored-Windowpanes-in-Wool-Silk-and-Linen,37579.html#.XUmRWpMzb6Y

Sonofabitch they start at 38. I'm a puny 36. (Centuries of genetic breeding working down t'pit, you see.)

Great White Snark

That’s not the one I was thinking of.
I think there was a thread on here about autumn sportcoats and someone posted a pic of a rack of tweeds among whichbwas a lovat green herringbone with rusty orange windowpane. I think I tracked it down to Ben Silver Harris Tweed from a couple of years ago but it was either out of stock and/or ridiculously overpriced as is usual for Ben Silver stuff.

Harris Tweed # HB111 might get you close if you’re in the bespoke market.

Top Bottom