Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Nether thought much of Charlotte Rampling looks-wise, but what a glorious name, makes me almost tingle just saying it! Didn't mind getting her kit off too which is a bonus.

Jane Seymour was/is lovely and will forever be remembered as Solitaire.

You could add Susannah York (who neglected her looks as she got older), Julie Christie, and Jaqueline Bisset from that generation.

Others: Caroline Munro, Valerie Leon...I could go on...

0.33secs in is almost a WMD.!!!

I've actually heard Bisset referenced twice in two days now after not even remotely thinking about her for decades. What are the odds.

florisgreen

I've actually heard Bisset referenced twice in two days now after not even remotely thinking about her for decades. What are the odds.
She was a real beauty.

jacqueline_bisset_gbuu7t8t3w.jpg

images (9).jpg
images (10).jpg

Panama

Nether thought much of Charlotte Rampling looks-wise, but what a glorious name, makes me almost tingle just saying it! Didn't mind getting her kit off too which is a bonus.

Jane Seymour was/is lovely and will forever be remembered as Solitaire.

You could add Susannah York (who neglected her looks as she got older), Julie Christie, and Jaqueline Bisset from that generation.

Others: Caroline Munro, Valerie Leon...I could go on...

0.33secs in is almost a WMD.!!!

Barbara Bach ❤️

Pimpernel Smith

Now I'm interested in your beauty regime. I hope that you've got a cosmetic surgeon on speed dial in your phone, for upkeep as you age?
I'm no stranger to getting rid of rosacea due to sun damage on my nose and on my face. If I feel the time comes to make some relatively mild anti-ageing initiatives then I will do it. I would rather look 45 for as long as possible, but I'm still okay, as I can pass for 40 and I'm 50.

Halberstram

He is very well dressed to the point where his small height almost vanishes. His only iGent concession are his much too short trousers.
BECF82D5-9DFC-415C-AFC1-FEC30202A782.jpeg

florisgreen

I saw this while trawling through Instagram and I thought it a pleasing look. Swipe for overcoat.

Nothing really wrong, but a suit needs a tie in my opinion. The trousers are too slim (I know, today it's the standard) and the sleeves too long. Also odd to see the watch (ugly) over the sleeve hem.

Mattrick

I presumed he was just trying on something new at the tailors, so didn't see it as a complete outfit and I overlooked the lack of tie.

florisgreen

I don't like the badge (any) application, but the finishing on the shawl collar is just lovely, never seen before. It looks like a cotton knit.

Screenshot (126).png

Halberstram

Very nice, if slightly offbeat with the patch pockets.

This seems like a finely made suit. It is a pity, however, that stylistic choices made compromise the stature of this young man greatly: he has quite long legs and his slightly sloping shoulders intensify this impression even more. It would have been mandatory to tackle this. A decidedly longer jacket with more room at the waist, maybe padded shoulders. Longer, fuller trousers.

florisgreen

Thanks to belinmad belinmad I became aware of this guy on Instagram, who seems to have a very eclectic taste and style.

Two of the styles presented:
Screenshot (127).png

I don't like printed flowers on the shirt, but the combination of colours is really lovely. Remarkable also the wide lapel of his Dal Cuore coat.

Screenshot (128).png

Another nice combination, even though I don't like that odd lapel.

https://www.instagram.com/chasing_style_around_the_globe/

Last edited:

florisgreen

This seems like a finely made suit. It is a pity, however, that stylistic choices made compromise the stature of this young man greatly: he has quite long legs and his slightly sloping shoulders intensify this impression even more. It would have been mandatory to tackle this. A decidedly longer jacket with more room at the waist, maybe padded shoulders. Longer, fuller trousers.
I would agree with your analysis: certainly a longer jacket and wider trousers would make for a better balance. A good, clean attire, nonetheless.

belinmad

Thanks to belinmad belinmad I became aware of this guy on Instagram, who seems to have a very eclectic taste and style.

Two of the styles presented:
View attachment 37904

I don't like printed flowers on the shirt, but the combination of colours is really lovely. Remarkable also the wide lapel of his Dal Cuore coat.

Thank you! I love that Dalcuore jacket.

View attachment 37906

Another nice combination, even though I don't like that odd lapel.

https://www.instagram.com/chasing_style_around_the_globe/

Thanks again. The lapel is a distinct feature of a traditional Spanish jacket style known as Teba.

DSC3077_800x.jpg

robertito

florisgreen florisgreen I am sure you know this guy is not other than belinmad belinmad

I dont really like Tebas. This is what my father used to dress for work. In Spain is a sort of old man uniform. I tried the wear the old ones from my dad but they were too big one.
They were from Burberry's a honestly a bit pile of crap quality wise.

Lopez Aragon makes a really nice one really well priced.
Sastreria Serna in Madrid did a very nice one for one of the Spanish bloggers. You could see the whole process in 4 or 5 posts in a blog. Nothing to compare with a jacket.

belinmad belinmad don't you get yours made in UK?

I think they are only famous in the internet because of the The Armoury.

belinmad

I dont really like Tebas. This is what my father used to dress for work. In Spain is a sort of old man uniform. I tried the wear the old ones from my dad but they were too big one.

That used to be my take as well, but lately I've been wearing more and more, particularly indoors. I find them versatile, super comfortable, and not as structured and "formal" as a sports jacket (again, for indoors use mostly).

I have several, most of them either RTW or MTO from Justo Gimeno (famous Teba maker from Zaragoza), one MTO from Lopez Aragon (as you mentioned - good quality, decent cut and well priced), and two bespoke, one from Fernandez Prats in Madrid and one from Dan Macangus here in the UK.

belinmad

They were from Burberry's a honestly a bit pile of crap quality wise.

They are becoming more and more common here in the UK lately, I've noticed. The Merchant Fox, Cordings as well as a few online shops have started offering them in various cloths and qualities. I've noticed however that most of them are actually manufactured by Justo Gimeno in Zaragoza

belinmad

Here's a company I stumbled across some time ago. I haven't ordered from them but they seem decent.

I haven't bought from them either, my understanding is that quality wise they are a notch below Lopez Aragon.

florisgreen

Thanks again. The lapel is a distinct feature of a traditional Spanish jacket style known as Teba.
Interesting, I didn't know this style. It seems to be a totally unstructured jacket, maybe even suitable to be worn as an overshirt, especially in light fabrics.
So in Spain it's traditional and widespread.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
Thank you! I love that Dalcuore jacket.

DSC3077_800x.jpg
other than the ridiculous tie length this is a great old guy look.

Lobbster

Unfortunately for anyone who doesn't speak Spanish these Teba makers have a penchant for awful webdesign and some dont even have an online presence.

florisgreen

A nice specimen of a Teba jacket (admittedly it has intrigued me) in a cotton/linen blend, made by Sastreria Serna for Fabio Attanasio:

tbd-4419-2.jpg

It's a personal interpretation, which, still retaining the syle's distinctive elements, is a tad more formal with three buttons ironed to two and a wider lapel.
It's still casual and informal, but certainly a lot more elegant than the traditional style: a nice crossover between Spain and Italy.

Mattrick

^ That is an example of why I like his style. Although I personally wouldn't wear such a dainty style of loafer.

florisgreen

I like checks, especially when they are quite bold as here, in a three piece suit made in 1971 by Sullivan Woolley of Savile Row and worn by the Brighton Gentleman AKA bespokeaddict. Maybe a brown or a red/burgundy shoe would match better, nevertheless the black George Cleverly (2008) don't look bad at all.

Screenshot (131).png
Screenshot (132).png

Top Bottom