Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Sammy Ambrose

Don't like this tbh. Nice colours of the jacket and trousers. The socks (is that black?), the shoes, the square, the tie doesn't even work here.
I'm a bit biased towards the tie because I have a very similar design. But perhaps the material doesn't agree with the linen here.

Sauce

Maybe a tad off the sleeves? But I'm digging the colours and cut of the suit. My favourite look from Berg & Bergs lookbook which came out today. Its all pretty good without breaking the bank.

bergberg-Detail_562.jpg
Untitled-1_7f9b59cb-dd4f-419d-bcd0-c4c6a270b6fa.jpg

florisgreen

Maybe a tad off the sleeves? But I'm digging the colours and cut of the suit. My favourite look from Berg & Bergs lookbook which came out today. Its all pretty good without breaking the bank.

View attachment 38446View attachment 38447
Yes, the sleeves should be shorter, but I agree, pretty agreeable look. In particular the jacket has a rather perfect fit and the trousers are sufficiently wide,

Pimpernel Smith

The guy standing next to the ocean? Sleeves look fine to me. I wouldn't change them.
Sleeves look okay, that one photo, they should have pulled his shirt down a bit.

I'm not convinced that rock out crop beside the Baltic was a good venue for the suits.

Pimpernel Smith

Do you know the story of when he gave Mick Jagger a right jab?

This was the time in the 80s when Jagger was doing his solo stuff and some record executives were trying to convince him to ditch the band, or turn them into his backing band, as they were going to make Jagger ''bigger than Michael Jackson.'' Apparently he was denigrating Watts as only the drummer in the hotel bar.

Watts got word of this in his hotel room and so he got Savile Rowed and aftershaved up walked casually down to the bar and promptly slapped Jagger in the face bringing him out of his drunken excitement and told him, ''Remember, you're only the singer in the band.'' Then walked nonchalantly back to his room.
Peak lapels on single-breasted suit - don't like that.

Ticket pocket on blue suit looks very high.
The ticket pocket is quite high.

florisgreen

Do you know the story of when he gave Mick Jagger a right jab?

This was the time in the 80s when Jagger was doing his solo stuff and some record executives were trying to convince him to ditch the band, or turn them into his backing band, as they were going to make Jagger ''bigger than Michael Jackson.'' Apparently he was denigrating Watts as only the drummer in the hotel bar.

Watts got word of this in his hotel room and so he got Savile Rowed and aftershaved up walked casually down to the bar and promptly slapped Jagger in the face bringing him out of his drunken excitement and told him, ''Remember, you're only the singer in the band.'' Then walked nonchalantly back to his room.
Well done. Jagger has not even a quarter of Watts' class.

Last edited:

florisgreen

Another Roman tailor, Andrea Luparelli of Sartoria Ripense.

9a6e403be590fb68a780d98ada8d24d5.jpg
Screenshot (172).png
Screenshot (169).png
12487296_516863678475102_3667884097658809687_o.jpg
andrea-lino.jpg

Some of his works:

Screenshot (171).png
Screenshot (170).png
Screenshot (167).png

The only style of shirt (safari/military), where breast pockets suit and look nice:

Screenshot (168).png

Top Bottom