Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

To be great, I don't think a suit needs to necessarily come from an esteemed name, or have meticulous finishing, or have features such as a Milanese buttonhole etc. These are all superfluous which is why they appeal to the modern iGent. They are only signify quality but do not necessarily confer it similar to a designer name emblazoned on a t shirt.

A great suit is simply one which makes its wearer look far better than he really should. Its not about the suit itself, its about how it makes your jaw look squarer and your cheekbones more pronounced, with your frame becoming elegant and more powerful at the same time. Thats the mark of a great suit.

This doesn't belong here, but l want people to a listen to Kirby talking about cigars. Acting very prim and proper here. Listen from 4:38 - 4:55. Watch the body language and listen to what he says, it is CLASSIC!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsuEd9xpCfM

He's right in what he says. Nothing quite like that contemplative time when having a long cigar with a friend. It's time out of the humdrum or deadline filled world.

He's right in what he says. Nothing quite like that contemplative time when having a long cigar with a friend. It's time out of the humdrum or deadline filled world.

Yeah, l used to love a nice cigar and a glass of gin many years ago. I was never a smoker or much of a drinker, but l did enjoy it occasionally with friends.

tumblr_opnmq1QPMd1sjt9zgo1_1280.jpg

Coat looks a little tight on the President. And no matter how long politicians wear that slick bright red tie, it'll always make me sick. Melania looks fine though. Very RL.

Its one of those novelty ‘tux’ print T-shirt’s, right? With matching sweatpants and slippers.

Not sure whether to post this here or in the disagreeable thread, but you have to give it to him, David Hockney has that very English rumpled yet smart don't give a fig what you think nonchalance nailed:

10373660-6752951-image-a-40_1551296050986.jpg

10375410-6752951-image-a-43_1551296902459.jpg

10375412-6752951-image-a-41_1551296864040.jpg

By way of contrast, Spike Lee at the Oscars, a dignified amalgamation of pontiff bus conductor acid trip channelling Prince and Jerry Lewis:

oscars-spike-lee-samuel-l-jackson.jpg

untitled.png

A rare moment of interest on FNB these days. Anyone know the background to it?

On Talk Ivy under the Etsy thread :-
i do not give a fuck about whether 'sportocasins' are 'ivy' and resent the implication that i should fuck off for simply noting how foreign interpretations of the style often amalgamate elements that many americans would not necessarily think go together

jesus there was once a time when igent-ism thread tidying was completely anathema to this forum

uh, yes, before there was a 'talk ivy' forum, not that it matters, but there was nothing pedantic or igent about it

at this point you are the one hijacking the thread; i have nothing more to say on the subject; and 'pushing' would be wholly without justification -- that is to say, an abuse of the privileges that apparently have been granted to you

I'm not sure I have the vocabulary to describe this, but doesn't his head appear huge in this photo? Wouldn't a taller point collar and some shoulder padding work to his advantage?
Yes and yes.
Isn’t that one of the Shibumi guys?
(What happened to the other one?)
Anyway at least he got rid of the laughable man bun - perhaps one step ahead of Mother Nature judging by this pic - you’re supposed to get that kind of stupid shit out of your system during your twenties.

Yes and yes.
Isn’t that one of the Shibumi guys?
(What happened to the other one?)
Anyway at least he got rid of the laughable man bun - perhaps one step ahead of Mother Nature judging by this pic - you’re supposed to get that kind of stupid shit out of your system during your twenties.
Bert and Ernie got divorce and Small one move to Firenze

I notice that it’s now Firenze rather than Berlin, and the other one disappeared. Wondered if they were a ‘couple’ or just business partners.

facts:
short spends a lot of time on Japon paying for geisha
tall recently marries a female from a different racial stock

draw your own conclusions

Last edited:
Julian's cat was often seen in the window wearing a tie, and a pretty smart looking boy he is too. Maybe l should get one for my cat too, he might work for Trump one day.

Julian Assange cat.jpg

Julian Assange cat 3.jpg

One of Kirby Allison's better videos. That Jensen bloke looks like he knows his job. He's refreshingly free from iGent bullshit-speak, and takes his time to do a proper fitting. (His coat collar sits rather high though. Is that intentional?)

Compare and contrast with Luca Rubinacci's four-minute fitting video. I think it was on Instagram or something.

P.S. 'Spala caleecha'. Tsk.

One of Kirby Allison's better videos. That Jensen bloke looks like he knows his job. He's refreshingly free from iGent bullshit-speak, and takes his time to do a proper fitting. (His coat collar sits rather high though. Is that intentional?)

Compare and contrast with Luca Rubinacci's four-minute fitting video. I think it was on Instagram or something.

P.S. 'Spala caleecha'. Tsk.

:sadwhy::ragecry::facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom