Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Why do you feel that way?
After bigging himself up that much, I expected to see something better. Because there is a lot of things off with that fitting that could have been avoided.
Back is totally off, collar is way too low and off the neck.
Maybe I was just put off by Mr. Jensen's outfit. His jacket looks a bit chunky and crude, especially the collar.
Will be interesting to see the second fitting.
I also need to count the hand stitches that go into our jackets. 30.000 stitches is a lot for a soft tailored jacket.

After bigging himself up that much, I expected to see something better. Because there is a lot of things off with that fitting that could have been avoided.
Back is totally off, collar is way too low and off the neck.
Maybe I was just put off by Mr. Jensen's outfit. His jacket looks a bit chunky and crude, especially the collar.
Will be interesting to see the second fitting.
I also need to count the hand stitches that go into our jackets. 30.000 stitches is a lot for a soft tailored jacket.

I defer to your superior knowledge.

Even in my layman's ignorance, I suspected that 30,000 was off by an order of magnitude.

50B5C299-A542-4CEF-9A52-891231D26899.jpeg

Ignoring the posture, this is pretty awesome. Makes me want a brown suit. I’d probably go with a green tie though.

Last edited:
^ Jacket may be just - just - a touch too short, but a lovely pattern and nice combination of colours and textures in the outfit.

Yes. I’d been planning to buy this linen-wool-silk EThomas jacket but it sold out in 40L within hours. I think the regular length is a bit too fashionably short (or made for short people by a short person) for most of us. Anyway, I don’t mind missing out so much because the price was way over what I expected.

Sigmund Freud in front of his bust executed by Sculptor Oscar Nemon (1905-1985)
Date: Vienna, 1931
1556876849094.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice jacket - although he looks as thought he's channelling Errol Flynn but ended up on the wrong movie set.

"No, no, this is Captain Blood - the Dawn Patrol set is on sound stage 2!"

The city of Paris looks identical today. Very little of the centers architecture and monuments have changed in the 130 years. Only changes today are the transportation, dress, and brown people

A lot of central Paris is still decent, but it increasingly feels under seige and parts, like in the east end of London, a veritable shit hole.

The city of Paris looks identical today. Very little of the centers architecture and monuments have changed in the 130 years. Only changes today are the transportation, dress, and brown people

My arse. Paris is an architectural shithole, the Brutalist's utopia. Been so since the 1930s. The 1960s and 70s just sealed its fate forever.

I was referring to the center of Paris, where shoomans clip was filmed. Post war french architecture is a monstrosity, no question. But the places seen in the clip are still virtually free of it. the outer sections of paris and its suburbs are another story.

Central Paris is still nicely laid out thanks to Haussmann. There are some modern bits like Pompidou centre but it is still an attractive whole architecturally.

This is the ‘Agreeable’ thread.
Look at the state of Rees-Mogg’s suit man. Fits him like a parachute.

Having studied the sartorial side of JRM, I think he wears OTP. From who I don't know.

It's not full on English country aristocrat, not 19th century politician as his critics accuse, but he could do with some tailoring!

article-2254772-16AE4D4B000005DC-541_634x350.jpg
Having studied the sartorial side of JRM, I think he wears OTP. From who I don't know.

It's not full on English country aristocrat, not 19th century politician as his critics accuse, but he could do with some tailoring!

All his suits look like they were handed down from his father (seen here on the right). Call it the English version of 'il difetto fa l'effetto'. Imperfect fit = old money.

As for the rest, I thought this was a piss-take forum, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the ‘Agreeable’ thread.
Look at the state of Rees-Mogg’s suit man. Fits him like a parachute.
i'm a fan. thought it was pooles. nothing that strange about the fit. jackets are long and with a lot of flair in the skirt, both of which are a bit anachronistic style choices today, though not necessarily incorrect or the result of poor tailoring. most pussy SR customers have their tailors cut back on the skirt and length or their tailors don't even bother to propose such things, making everyone look more "normal". I for one am glad he embraces these style choices.

Last edited:
i'm a fan. thought it was pooles. nothing that strange about the fit. jackets are long and with a lot of flair in the skirt, both of which are a bit anachronistic style choices today, though not necessarily incorrect or the result of poor tailoring. most pussy SR customers have their tailors cut back on the skirt and length or their tailors don't even bother to propose such things, making everyone look more "normal". I for one am glad he embraces these style choices.
hang on a second. he looks like he's lost 150 lbs and is still wearing his fat man clothes, and yet somehow this is a 'style choice'? even the pants are gigantic for fucks sake.

He dresses in the silhouette of my grandfather's era when extra material denoted that you weren't on the bones of your arse. I remember him and all my great uncles with that kind of billowy trousers and generous skirt on jackets back in the 1970s. No kipper ties, nylon shirts or flares for them, they were dressing to a certain extent as they had done since the 1930s and 40s. The other thing it has, is comfort for those long sessions in the Commons executing the lost art of filibustering.

It's interesting the very negative articles in the likes of Esquire and GQ attacking JRM's sartorial style as a mask to hide his sinister political views. They fear him as he is a link to the tradition of erudite and eloquent politicians rather than than the windowdressers of today who's role it is to rubber stamp and do what their told from the politburo in Brussels. You can compare and contrast to politicians on both sides of the house and with few exceptions they all look like brown nosing Yes men. You can't say that about JRM.

He dresses in the silhouette of my grandfather's era when extra material denoted that you weren't on the bones of your arse. I remember him and all my great uncles with that kind of billowy trousers and generous skirt on jackets back in the 1970s. No kipper ties, nylon shirts or flares for them, they were dressing to a certain extent as they had done since the 1930s and 40s. The other thing it has, is comfort for those long sessions in the Commons executing the lost art of filibustering.

It's interesting the very negative articles in the likes of Esquire and GQ attacking JRM's sartorial style as a mask to hide his sinister political views. They fear him as he is a link to the tradition of erudite and eloquent politicians rather than than the windowdressers of today who's role it is to rubber stamp and do what their told from the politburo in Brussels. You can compare and contrast to politicians on both sides of the house and with few exceptions they all look like brown nosing Yes men. You can't say that about JRM.

You're really speaking my language now.

Rees Mogg looks like one of those clever types who wax lyrical about buying second hand ‘bespoke’.

“Yes it is Henry Poole, look at the label! Wonderful stitching and it is very heavy cloth from the era when there was no heating. Hangs so much better. The chap who it was made for was a lot heavier than me, but I got an alterations tailor to take up the sleeves and trousers and you would hardly notice. Savile Row quality always shines through!”

As much as I like that photo, if something like that happened nowadays I couldn't help but thing the guy in the robe would be a twat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom