Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Stephen Fry's countenance is slowly turning into Simon Raven:

Stephen-Fry-and-his-fianc-Elliott-Spencer-leave-Cwmbran-Magistrates-Court-in-South-Wales.jpg

MV5BYzIzODc2NjQtMmRlZC00ODUxLTk5ZmYtZDljMTU1ODg5ZDdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxMjk0Mg@@._V1_UY317_CR8...jpg

This is an interesting website, ''iconic and interesting men's fashion from movies and TV'':

I wonder if the angle of the photo is distorting everything. it looks like it was taken from below him and hence makes his torso and head look proportionally smaller than the rest of his body.

That said, the gigantic bag he's holding doesn't help matters.

The suit looks fine though.

Taken slightly from below probably. But it's just not the suit for him. But, once again, as a suit it's inarguably well cut and stitched.

Thought at first it might be UK Labour Party leader Keir Starmer.

Starmer is now routinely confused with Max Headroom though.

View attachment 35658
Max Headroom

[P

He looks like he could benefit from a bit of laser treatment on his upper cheeks and nose. He's got quite a ruddy complexion on the quiet.

I speak with authority as I had some thread veins and sun damage on my nose. Made me look a big whisky drinker (moi?!) and I could also feel the blood at night in my nose. A couple of treatments and it's gone.

Exactly. Not my style of suit either, but it is so clean.

It's clean, boxy and very unfashionable.

Crusty with all details present and correct and photos of kit neatly laid out and also modelled.

The problem is it’s cold outside. To go out, or not go out?

Decisions, decisions.

This could also have been posted in the Disagreeable thread.

Decisions, decisions.
Haven't seen that unique poise and grace for quite sometime. Does he still the much younger Korean bf?

I noticed Acute Style was rather dapper with his Orient dress watch.

I admire the commitment required to buy a muslin backdrop, lights and camera to photograph your ootd.
Can anyone tell upper crust he could use a reflector?

Last edited:
I admire the commitment required to buy a muslin backdrop, lights and camera to photograph your ootd.
Can anyone tell upper crust he could use a reflector?

It shows a certain level of commitment and vanity.

As you know there's a big difference between how you look in a snapshot, to being photographed by a professional with a prime lens.

Kids, or teenagers as ever can be quite blunt, based on the photographic evidence: mine tell me that in my late teens and early 20s I looked great and could have been in an American teenage film of the 80s, but then they tell me I looked awful from my late 20s to late 30s. The reason being, I had gone bald and I looked too young to suit that look of semi-baldness or a skinhead and their opinion is, I looked like a right nerd. Clearly, their mother didn't have much taste.

They're right though, looking at photos from 10 years ago and more, I don't look great. I look too young to be semi-bald. I look like I'm mid-20s, but with a middle age hair line. Like the pianist in It Ain't Half Hot Mum.

The good thing is, they tell me I look great now and I do believe that maturity and my wonderful skull has given me an edge. I'm Kojak/The Hood variety, not in anyway the skinhead look. Even though my head is fully shaven. I'm never going to be mistaken for a skinhead. I respect the reggae loving non-racist types, I just come across as something quite different.

After school I've had two nicknames that I know about from work: The Mad Poet, which was quite correct and here in The Netherlands, The Bald Eagle. I can dig both of them, but I'm definitely no longer a poet.

The good thing is, they tell me I look great now and I do believe that maturity and my wonderful skull has given me an edge. I'm Kojak/The Hood variety, not in anyway the skinhead look. Even though my head is fully shaven. I'm never going to be mistaken for a skinhead. I respect the reggae loving non-racist types, I just come across as something quite different.

Sooo, like this?
Robert-De-Niro-as-Travis-Bickle-in-Taxi-Driver-movie.jpg

So if that's how you see yourself, by simple linear extrapolation I think we have a winner!

6C8378834-130724-bad-bosses-burns-tease.social_share_1024x768_scale.jpg
I have a very urbane and yet engaging friendly face, that's not how I perceive myself - that's how I look.

I’d more more impressed by a Travis Bickle, tbh
Definitely can't pass myself off as a disturbed Vietnam vet engaged on a mission to save a child prostitute. Which is of course an absolutely sadly and necessary mission in Taxi Driver.

The person I am is the one at the conference that the speaker chooses a couple of the friendly faces to project to and bounce off. That can happen at concerts, plays and ballets too. For someone who is completely bald and definitely a skinhead, it is a very special gift. I don't look hard and harsh, or disinterested. I look engaged and at the right level. But I had that when I had hair too.

I have a very urbane and yet engaging friendly face, that's not how I perceive myself - that's how I look.

The person I am is the one at the conference that the speaker chooses a couple of the friendly faces to project to and bounce off. That can happen at concerts, plays and ballets too. For someone who is completely bald and definitely a skinhead, it is a very special gift. I don't look hard and harsh, or disinterested. I look engaged and at the right level. But I had that when I had hair too.

And humble! please don't forget humble.

He is a true Big Daddy.

Yes, he has been doing it all his life, and he doesn't have to pretend or play dress-ups.

It would be interesting to know more about him. Does he still go to the icecream parlour like that, or does he catch a bus dress liked that, or does he choose more appropriate surroundings. Makes me wonder what he does for a job, surely he wouldn't go to work like that?? Maybe he dresses like that in his spare time.

I am gonna ask him.

Yes, he has been doing it all his life, and he doesn't have to pretend or play dress-ups.

It would be interesting to know more about him. Does he still go to the icecream parlour like that, or does he catch a bus dress liked that, or does he choose more appropriate surroundings. Makes me wonder what he does for a job, surely he wouldn't go to work like that?? Maybe he dresses like that in his spare time.

I am gonna ask him.
he is a traffic warden or community police, something along those lines.

I thought he was only a volunteer, but maybe it's his full time job now. I just wrote to him asking how he makes it work and if he would wear a top hat on the bus, or would he choose more appropriate surroundings. Will be interesting to know how he does things.

Last I saw he was a sort of concierge at a restaurant, previously he was like a volunteer neighbourhood security guy. I don’t understand how USA works.

He seems to enjoy the costume thing. There’s worse hobbies.

I did love it when he threatened someone re cutting off balls etc.

I’m sure if we are patient some one will post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom