Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Like everywhere, it depends who you knock around with and where you go out.

Some seriously stylish and tasty ladies in the UK.
There are, yes, but the group of ladies in the photo above are prettier and in better shape than the type you normally see in such a scenario.
I'm British myself, in case you didn't know. I'm not one of these Americans or Europeans who enjoy besmirching British women.

There are, yes, but the group of ladies in the photo above are prettier and in better shape than the type you normally see in such a scenario.
I'm British myself, in case you didn't know. I'm not one of these Americans or Europeans who enjoy besmirching British women.
I'm not British, but find some British women classy and attractive. There are also worse cases of course, as everywhere.

British beauties:

71kC1JxugML._AC_SY679_.jpg
keira-knightley-photoshop-c.jpg

The one up top is interesting. Prepare for one hell of a ride though with those eyes.

It looks like Saffron Burrows. She’s not into males.
The top one is Charlotte Rampling, very attractive in her prime. She was born in 1946, so in her mid-seventies now and not very attractive at all. Married to Jean-Michel Jarre in the 80s.

Of that English rose type, Jenny Agutter was tap drawer up until the mid 1990s. The period of Logan's Run up until An American Werewolf in London she the archetype. Kristen Scott Thomas was very attractive in an upper-class English way, but not now, very wrinkly.

Female beauty, difficult to keep hold of after they've been babied-up and mumsified or the menopause comes. No one warns of you the risk of all of this. You have to run the gauntlet and find it out yourself.

Of ageing English beauties you could do not better than Jane Seymour, Lesley-Anne Down or Suzanne Danielle.

The top one is Charlotte Rampling, very attractive in her prime. She was born in 1946, so in her mid-seventies now and not very attractive at all. Married to Jean-Michel Jarre in the 80s.

Of that English rose type, Jenny Agutter was tap drawer up until the mid 1990s. The period of Logan's Run up until An American Werewolf in London she the archetype. Kristen Scott Thomas was very attractive in an upper-class English way, but not now, very wrinkly.

Female beauty, difficult to keep hold of after they've been babied-up and mumsified or the menopause comes. No one warns of you the risk of all of this. You have to run the gauntlet and find it out yourself.

Of ageing English beauties you could do not better than Jane Seymour, Lesley-Anne Down or Suzanne Danielle.
There is something about an older woman...

skel(1).jpeg

Love the clean cut and beautiful shoulders of this suit by Maurice Sedwell.
Maurice Sedwell bespoke 1.jpg
Yes, very clean and well proportionate. Love that silhouette.
Sidwell does an odd thing with the breast pocket. Very good tailor though, very clean.
Yes, the breast pocket is slanted inversely to the classic way. Moreover the lower hems of the fronts are oddly edged, and the pocket flaps also look individual and strange.
Trousers far too wide for his legs. Lapels far too wide for his physique. Well-tailored, but ill-suited.
Actually I like what you find unsuitable: I love wider trousers and find the narrow modern ones not manly and unattractive; I also like broad, high lapels.
Moreover I find that somehow longer overall length very classic and pleasant. If something, I would shorten the sleeves.

I can't help recalling an incident fron 40 years ago. A young German tourist to Turkey was befriended by pals of mine, a local businessman and his very beautiful wife.

She asked him when he was going to find a nice girl and settle down. Without being flirtatious, he replied that he preferred women to girls, and that most girls did not grow up to be women, but merely 'old girls'.

Can it work the same way? Rather than becoming Big Daddies, do some just develop into ageing little boys?
My experience is that far too many men over 40+ are ageing little boys.

From styleforum WAYWRN a good look:

tumblr_4058ef4c29819705db9588fbfb14a5b1_7bd048ae_540.jpg
tumblr_83a81fdd64262dda1417d909d2351e0a_02341c79_540.jpg
tumblr_78652eedbdff7bbdcbc1c0e3ef475093_814ed750_540.jpg

As I see, pretty much is done right here: nice combination of grey and camel and brown. Good contrast between the certain austerity of the suit with the more casual turtleneck and suede chukkas. I also like that the trousers are not ridiculously short, as often seen on trendy gentlemen, even though too slim for my taste.

^ I like the various elements in Gerry's outfit, but I don't like the combination. I don't think that the roll-neck jumper works with a suit, even a more casual, flannel suit. I'd prefer the charcoal flannel trousers, the roll-neck jumper, and then a chocolate-brown or navy Donegal-fleck soft tweed jacket, or something like that.

that fact that you think there are any "alphas" on this or any other internet forum is a sure sign of delusion.
I only heard the word alpha a few years ago when my, then, 20 something daughter told me I was one. When I asked her what an alpha male was, she replied that it was a man who was afraid of other men. Seeing as I once engaged in fisticuffs with a professional Black American basketball player who was a head and a half taller than me, I don't think she meant physically afraid.

I hope this helps.

^ I like the various elements in Gerry's outfit, but I don't like the combination. I don't think that the roll-neck jumper works with a suit, even a more casual, flannel suit. I'd prefer the charcoal flannel trousers, the roll-neck jumper, and then a chocolate-brown or navy Donegal-fleck soft tweed jacket, or something like that.
That would be very nice as well, even better perhaps, but I like the outfit shown.

I was going to suggest some very dark green corduroy.

Rollneck with sport coat is magic, but I prefer a matching suit with collar and tie.

Also a nice alternative, or you could reversely use the cord for the trousers.

Absolutely, though then the charcoal jacket would then need some Donegal fleck or pattern so it didn’t look like an orphaned suit jacket.

agreed

I only heard the word alpha a few years ago when my, then, 20 something daughter told me I was one. When I asked her what an alpha male was, she replied that it was a man who was afraid of other men. Seeing as I once engaged in fisticuffs with a professional Black American basketball player who was a head and a half taller than me, I don't think she meant physically afraid.

I hope this helps.
She’s wrong.
It comes from the wolf pack, which may include several males but it’s only the alpha male who gets
to mate (for life) with his pick of the bunch. The other males remain subservient to the alpha and have to wait till he’s finished eating before they step in and grab a bite for themselves.
The analogy can be bent and twisted but I can’t see any reference to how any alpha male is afraid of any other male - physically or otherwise.

Actually, „being alpha“ with regards to a man‘s behaviour is possibly not even an analogy. Less than 10% of men get around 80% of sexual opportunities. Qualities in nature are spread according to Gauss’ distribution. That is roughly the curve of a bell. Same goes for intelligence and many other traits.
That means, when it comes to mating: a few are very successful, the vast majority is average while some are very unsuccessful.

Actually, „being alpha“ with regards to a man‘s behaviour is possibly not even an analogy. Less than 10% of men get around 80% of sexual opportunities. Qualities in nature are spread according to Gauss’ distribution. That is roughly the curve of a bell. Same goes for intelligence and many other traits.
That means, when it comes to mating: a few are very successful, the vast majority is average while some are very unsuccessful.
A pair of Cheaney's, John Smedley Polo, Green Bentley, Private jet and yacht and the girls come running whether Alpha or not...

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ALPHA.

I WAS AT THE GYM DOING 600LB DEADLIFTS FOR REPS AND I GET A CALL FROM ONE OF MY WORLDMODEL OR SUPERMODEL BITCHES BEGGING ME TO COME OUT WITH HER.

SO I DECIDED TO GO SINCE I HADN'T GOTTEN PUSSY IN A COUPLE HOURS AND I DONT FUCK ANYTHING THAT’S LESS THAN 100% PERFECT. i MEET UP AT A HOOKAH BAR WITH 2 OF HER FRIENDS AND I WAS TEACHING THEM HOW TO SMOKE IT CUZ I’M EXPERIENCED AS FUCK WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN A BELLY DANCER COMES OUT AND KEEPS STARING AT ME.

SO EVERYONE SEES SHE IS STARING ME DOWN AND WANTS ME BUT I’M HUMBLE AS FUCK SO I STAY IN MY SEAT. ALL OF A SUDDEN A SPOT LIGHT SHINES DOWN ON ME AND ONE ON HER BUT I STILL SAT DOWN WITH MY SUNGLASSES ON AND MY HOOD UP, SMOKIN ON A CIG WITH MY HEAD DOWN LOOKING GANGSTER AND HUMBLE AS FUCK AND EVERYONE STARTS CHEERING ME ON, SO I FINALLY GET UP AND SHE IMMEDIATLY PUTS HER CLOTH AROUND MY NECK AND GRINDS ALL OVER MY JOCK, SO THEN I SLOWLY TAKE OFF MY SHIRT WITH MY TATTOOS LOOKING SOO HOOD AND MY SKIN GLISTENING WITH MY PECS, BIS AND TRIS LOOKING SWOLLED AND SHREDDED AS FUCK.

EVERYONE SEES THIS AND THE MUSIC STOPS SO I GET PISSED AND YELL "DJ, SPIN THAT SHIT!" AND THE MUSIC CONTINUES BLASTING AND EVERYONE STARTS SCREAMING AND CHANTING MY NAME "LOUIE, LOUIE, LOUIE!". THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE STARTS PUTTIN MY HAND DOWN HER PANTS TO RUB HER PUSSY, SO I GET PISSED, PUNCH A DINNER TABLE BREAKING IT RIGHT IN HALF, LIGHT UP A CIG, GET IN MY HYABUSA MOTORCYCLE, BUST A DOUGHNUT, AND PEEL THE FUCK OUT lOOKING ALPHA AS FUCK.

THATS AS REAL AS IT GETS BRUH, AND THATS AS HUMBLE AS IT GETS.

ALPHA AS FUCK

This is not the thruth. It is the words from a tacky profanator like many deviants in Napoli who meet with masonic degenerates to fill their book of disease.

This is not the thruth. It is the words from a tacky profanator like many deviants in Napoli who meet with masonic degenerates to fill their book of disease.
I dont know what the fuck you FAGGOTS are babbling about, why dont you take your beta asses back in the chicken coop where you can bicker at each other like normal hens you fucking HOGS!

What else would i expect from a place full of beta males, you people are pathetic.

Alpha as fuck as always.

I dont know what the fuck you FAGGOTS are babbling about, why dont you take your beta asses back in the chicken coop where you can bicker at each other like normal hens you fucking HOGS!

What else would i expect from a place full of beta males, you people are pathetic.

Alpha as fuck as always.

Will Big Johnny Lobbs make us more alpha? Or at least 'feel' more alpha? Maybe Kirby or Hugo will know.
I don't know about that, but this is real man talk and if you don't come with respect you'll find yourself face down in a ditch in Tijuana with your balls cut off.

Not my style, a sport coat with two flap breast pockets, trousers too narrow and short, button-down shirt, printed silk tie, but somehow it suits him well and it's rather agreeable. The best is the colours combination: brown in the coat and the shoes, the dull orange of the tie matches with the cinnamon of the socks, and the mustard colour of the trousers fulfills the frame.

Screenshot (122).png

Last edited:
Not my style, a sport coat with two flap breast pockets, trousers too narrow and short, button-down shirt, printed silk tie, but somehow it suits him well and it's rather agreeable. The best is the colours combination: brown in the coat and the shoes, the dull orange of the tie matches with the cinnamon of the socks, and the mustard colour of trousers fulfills the frame.

View attachment 37735
Good colour scheme, but the silhouette is slightly off for me. I think he needs to go down 2'' in the waist.

Good colour scheme, but the silhouette is slightly off for me. I think he needs to go down 2'' in the waist.
I think it's because the trousers have some volume due to the pleats and are rather narrow at the hem. But you could possibly be right, maybe the waist is too loose.

Last edited:

Nether thought much of Charlotte Rampling looks-wise, but what a glorious name, makes me almost tingle just saying it! Didn't mind getting her kit off too which is a bonus.

Jane Seymour was/is lovely and will forever be remembered as Solitaire.

You could add Susannah York (who neglected her looks as she got older), Julie Christie, and Jaqueline Bisset from that generation.

Others: Caroline Munro, Valerie Leon...I could go on...

0.33secs in is almost a WMD.!!!

Nether thought much of Charlotte Rampling looks-wise, but what a glorious name, makes me almost tingle just saying it! Didn't mind getting her kit off too which is a bonus.

Jane Seymour was/is lovely and will forever be remembered as Solitaire.

You could add Susannah York (who neglected her looks as she got older), Julie Christie, and Jaqueline Bisset from that generation.

Others: Caroline Munro, Valerie Leon...I could go on...

0.33secs in is almost a WMD.!!!

Valerie Leon, now there was a babe.

Susannah York let herself go big time. Another one, Sylvia Syms, how good looking was she in Ice Cold In Alex?

Thank god for the world of fillers, botox and liquid face lifts. Women need not lose their looks to the extent they did in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom