Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Bel Y Cia is one of the best shops I have been in for sheer quaity of make on products. I was really taken with a mint green cashmere Teba in there but it was too short for me. They did offer to make me one to measure and post it onto me but I'd want to try it on before paying that sort of wonga out. If I remember right it was 700 euros, not so bad for a nice coat MTM in cashmere. I've got a green linen one by Justo Gimeno. Not in the same league but it gets a regular wearing for loafing about during summers.

A good looking jacket: great lapel, high and broad, as well as fine cloth and colour. I don't like instead the (any) eyelet pin and the necktie in printed silk. I also prefer a shirt without placket.

Screenshot (138).png

Quite a lot of colours here, but well matching and giving an agreeable whole. I especially like the contrast of khaki and beige in coat and trousers with the lovely blue of the cardigan. The red and green, but rather subdued, in the socks and tie fit well in my eyes.

abf5486de83ea25946145377417c2363 (1).jpg

Quite a lot of colours here, but well matching and giving an agreeable whole. I especially like the contrast of khaki and beige in coat and trousers with the lovely blue of the cardigan. The red and green, but rather subdued, in the socks and tie fit well in my eyes.

View attachment 38144
Actually I want to look like that in my later years. I may drop the jacket, and the trousers could be wool cavalry twill by the look which I find too heavy. Hopefully they are cotton.

Actually I want to look like that in my later years. I may drop the jacket, and the trousers could be wool cavalry twill by the look which I find too heavy. Hopefully they are cotton.
I think I could do that now minus the jacket....

View attachment 38144
Light blue shirt? Do you think it could be Prince of Wales check?

I had one once in America and disliked it. I phoned their complaints line. No reply received.
It’s fucking rancid.
How anyone who has even had a whiff of say Lindt or Ghirardelli - which can be found in any supermarket or drugstore - can then think chocolate is supposed to taste like vomity Hershey Bars remains a great unsolved mystery of our times!

They are ugly like wholecuts. His Monks appear to be suede.
He wears leather ones too. Wholecut a have always looked like bowling shoes to me unless there are other embellishments e.g. swan neck or applied broguing.

From the perspective of beneath the trousers, monks, PTBs, chukkas. chelseas and jodhpurs all project a similar look as wholecuts but look better to me than the wholecuts do.

It’s fucking rancid.
How anyone who has even had a whiff of say Lindt or Ghirardelli - which can be found in any supermarket or drugstore - can then think chocolate is supposed to taste like vomity Hershey Bars remains a great unsolved mystery of our times!
The Lindt truffles are pretty damn nice.

He wears leather ones too. Wholecut a have always looked like bowling shoes to me unless there are other embellishments e.g. swan neck or applied broguing.

From the perspective of beneath the trousers, monks, PTBs, chukkas. chelseas and jodhpurs all project a similar look as wholecuts but look better to me than the wholecuts do.
Let‘s not forget a wholecut is no boot thus pretty much useless.

Let‘s not forget a wholecut is no boot thus pretty much useless.
It is a dress shoe so one would not expect you are climbing ladders.

Boot or not is not the point.

All of these project the clean toe

wholecut derby

1621365377242.jpeg

1621365433797.jpeg

PT
1621365494090.jpeg

1621365590197.jpeg

1621365666663.jpeg

wholecut brogue (faux)
1621365807581.jpeg

Because they're hideous.

I mean, I don't really eat milk chocolate at all myself, I prefer dark chocolate, but he sounded like there was some other reason.

I did get a good laugh out of him calling the complaint line because they tasted bad though.

US chocolate has less cocoa, less milk fat, more sugar and then there is the addition of the butyric acid tang. So you get an overly sweet but less rich flavour.

I mean, I don't really eat milk chocolate at all myself, I prefer dark chocolate, but he sounded like there was some other reason.

I did get a good laugh out of him calling the complaint line because they tasted bad though.
Let me tell you a little story.

Many moons ago I did a consulting job for a firm that made large labeling machines, the kind of machines that put labels on beer bottles and the like. They won an order from Hershey to make a machine that could label those little bars they made. To help us test the machine they sent over several boxes of the product. Obviously, it wasn't worth sending the product back to them after we had type-approved the machine so we decided to eat them. We took some of the remaing product into the drawing office and told everyone, about 40 engineers, to dive in and have as many as they liked. Everyone spat them out, the consensus being that they were inedible. The shop floor the same.

I myself, prefer dark chocolate. Cadbury's use to do dark chocolate and ginger which was lovely. I think the quality has gone down though since they were bought by Kraft. They've fucked about with Cadburys Roses too. The fuckers...

View attachment 38144
Except for his linen suit, that style was very similar to how my grandfather's generation use to dress. Across all classes.

Those guys would mow the lawn with a tie on, it might be a clip-on one, but standards rule okay.

And they would always have a jacket on with a very few exceptions. Like that one day a year when the heat was on in the UK.

I'm considering the C&J's Alex whole-cut. Not the Skyfall limited edition nonsense, just the standard version. In black of course.

The only wholecut I have is the Alden's saddle oxford in No.8 cordovan (unless you class chukka boots as a wholecut). A great pre-WWII collegiate shoe, but actually not that relevant for today's environment. I sport a couple of times a year, that's all
I myself, prefer dark chocolate. Cadbury's use to do dark chocolate and ginger which was lovely. I think the quality has gone down though since they were bought by Kraft. They've fucked about with Cadburys Roses too. The fuckers...
The expat shop here had a load of Cadbury's Roses in last Christmas, the big tin Quality Street style. I was tempted, but then I thought I'll wait. Went back a couple of days later the lot had gone along with the Quality Street. I did get a box of Quality Street in though. Lasted all of a 1.5 days in my house.

.The expat shop here had a load of Cadbury's Roses in last Christmas, the big tin Quality Street style. I was tempted, but then I thought I'll wait. Went back a couple of days later the lot had gone along with the Quality Street. I did get a box of Quality Street in though. Lasted all of a 1.5 days in my house.
Quality Street and Roses have had their tin(plastic container here) size routinely shrunk in size every Christmas to maintain margins and keep the price the same.

Quality Street is a better buy than Roses.

Quality Street and Roses have had their tin(plastic container here) size routinely shrunk in size every Christmas to maintain margins and keep the price the same.

Quality Street is a better buy than Roses.
The expat shop here had a load of Cadbury's Roses in last Christmas, the big tin Quality Street style. I was tempted, but then I thought I'll wait. Went back a couple of days later the lot had gone along with the Quality Street. I did get a box of Quality Street in though. Lasted all of a 1.5 days in my house.

Quality Street was also better in the old tin featuring the lady in a bonnet and long dress and the soldier in fancy red uniform and the brand name ‘Macintosh’s’ in front of ‘Quality Street’.

I assume that was insufficiently diverse.

Quality Street was also better in the old tin featuring the lady in a bonnet and long dress and the soldier in fancy red uniform and the brand name ‘Macintosh’s’ in front of ‘Quality Street’.

I assume that was insufficiently diverse.
In some countries Quality Street are known as simply 'Macintosh'.

Let me tell you a little story.

Many moons ago I did a consulting job for a firm that made large labeling machines, the kind of machines that put labels on beer bottles and the like. They won an order from Hershey to make a machine that could label those little bars they made. To help us test the machine they sent over several boxes of the product. Obviously, it wasn't worth sending the product back to them after we had type-approved the machine so we decided to eat them. We took some of the remaing product into the drawing office and told everyone, about 40 engineers, to dive in and have as many as they liked. Everyone spat them out, the consensus being that they were inedible. The shop floor the same.

So we're they trying to eat one of these kind of Hershey Bar straight?

hershey-milk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom