Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Don't like this tbh. Nice colours of the jacket and trousers. The socks (is that black?), the shoes, the square, the tie doesn't even work here.
I'm a bit biased towards the tie because I have a very similar design. But perhaps the material doesn't agree with the linen here.

Maybe a tad off the sleeves? But I'm digging the colours and cut of the suit. My favourite look from Berg & Bergs lookbook which came out today. Its all pretty good without breaking the bank.

bergberg-Detail_562.jpg
Untitled-1_7f9b59cb-dd4f-419d-bcd0-c4c6a270b6fa.jpg

Maybe a tad off the sleeves? But I'm digging the colours and cut of the suit. My favourite look from Berg & Bergs lookbook which came out today. Its all pretty good without breaking the bank.

View attachment 38446View attachment 38447
Yes, the sleeves should be shorter, but I agree, pretty agreeable look. In particular the jacket has a rather perfect fit and the trousers are sufficiently wide,

The guy standing next to the ocean? Sleeves look fine to me. I wouldn't change them.
Sleeves look okay, that one photo, they should have pulled his shirt down a bit.

I'm not convinced that rock out crop beside the Baltic was a good venue for the suits.

^
Aside from the lapels, that is very understated for someone in his trade. I really like the bottom pic.

Peak lapels on single-breasted suit - don't like that.

Ticket pocket on blue suit looks very high.

Do you know the story of when he gave Mick Jagger a right jab?

This was the time in the 80s when Jagger was doing his solo stuff and some record executives were trying to convince him to ditch the band, or turn them into his backing band, as they were going to make Jagger ''bigger than Michael Jackson.'' Apparently he was denigrating Watts as only the drummer in the hotel bar.

Watts got word of this in his hotel room and so he got Savile Rowed and aftershaved up walked casually down to the bar and promptly slapped Jagger in the face bringing him out of his drunken excitement and told him, ''Remember, you're only the singer in the band.'' Then walked nonchalantly back to his room.
Peak lapels on single-breasted suit - don't like that.

Ticket pocket on blue suit looks very high.
The ticket pocket is quite high.

Do you know the story of when he gave Mick Jagger a right jab?

This was the time in the 80s when Jagger was doing his solo stuff and some record executives were trying to convince him to ditch the band, or turn them into his backing band, as they were going to make Jagger ''bigger than Michael Jackson.'' Apparently he was denigrating Watts as only the drummer in the hotel bar.

Watts got word of this in his hotel room and so he got Savile Rowed and aftershaved up walked casually down to the bar and promptly slapped Jagger in the face bringing him out of his drunken excitement and told him, ''Remember, you're only the singer in the band.'' Then walked nonchalantly back to his room.
Well done. Jagger has not even a quarter of Watts' class.

Last edited:
Another Roman tailor, Andrea Luparelli of Sartoria Ripense.

9a6e403be590fb68a780d98ada8d24d5.jpg
Screenshot (172).png
Screenshot (169).png
12487296_516863678475102_3667884097658809687_o.jpg
andrea-lino.jpg

Some of his works:

Screenshot (171).png
Screenshot (170).png
Screenshot (167).png

The only style of shirt (safari/military), where breast pockets suit and look nice:

Screenshot (168).png

Actually I don't like Massimo Cifonelli's style, Lorenzo being always the classier and the more elegant one, but I want to point out the right length and the nice width of the necktie here. I don't like the use of a tie clip.

Screenshot (175).png

Last edited:
Something about that beardy guy grates on me.
I realize there is nothing that says you can’t shop around but for some reason I thought Ferry was an avowed dedicated Anderson and Shepherd man

Something about that beardy guy grates on me.
I realize there is nothing that says you can’t shop around but for some reason I thought Ferry was an avowed dedicated Anderson and Shepherd man
Ferry isn't exclusively Anderson & Shepherd, in a GQ interview he's mentioned Sean O'Flynn who's now in Huntsman and Charvet in Paris for shirts. Also buying ready-to-wear, Lanvin and using Italian tailors for the range of fabrics.

Actually I don't like Massimo Cifonelli's style, Lorenzo being always the classier and the more elegant one, but I want to point out the right length and the nice width of the necktie here. I don't like the use of a tie clip.

View attachment 38876
Tie knot a tad too large relative to the tie length. I also don't like tie clips but given his occupation and the need for him to be leaning over his workbench, understandable.

That good look somewhat spoiled by wrong shoes and socks, they look totally extraneous:

Screenshot (180).png

Cifonelli's interpretation of the Teba jacket:

Screenshot (178).png

Other nice looks:

Screenshot (177).png
Screenshot (179).png

A nice interpretation of the gurkha trousers by Sartoria Dalcuore, between classic and casual, an ideal style for summer, as I see:

Screenshot (185).png
Screenshot (184).png
Screenshot (186).png
Screenshot (181).png
Screenshot (182).png
Screenshot (183).png

I have a pair of Gurkha shorts from Brooks Brothers from some years back.

Very comfortable to wear, but an absolute pain to take off and put back on again if you need to go to the toilet - particularly if you are in a hurry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom