Pimpernel Smith

Well at least you will not have to spend much on servicing. My Seiko from 40 years ago has only ever needed batteries replaced.
The seller I was at yesterday, told me he decided to keep away from mechanical watches because of the hassle. Sell one, next day, the buyer is complaining that it doesn't keep manufacturer +/- accuracy from 20-30-40 years ago. Even early Quartz and electric watches are a doddle by comparison keeping excellent time and are much easier to service and keep going with parts not difficult to source or cost effective work arounds.

Which saddened me a little, as I've missed out on some mega-mint Omega electric watches recently on the basis I considered them likely too problematic to service.

Last edited:

Kingstonian

The seller I was at yesterday, told me he decided to keep away from mechanical watches because of the hassle. Sell one, next day, the buyer is complaining that it doesn't keep manufacturer +/- accuracy from 20-30-40 years ago. Even early Quartz and electric watches are a doddle by comparison keeping excellent time and are much easier to service and keep going with parts not difficult to source or cost effective work arounds.

Which saddened me a little, as I've missed out on some mega-mint Omega electric watches recently on the basis I considered them likely too problematic to service.
It looks as though you can replace the battery yourself using a coin to remove the battery compartment lid. You don’t even have to take the back off the watch.

Top Bottom