Pimpernel Smith

you ready for some navel gazing horseshit? get a load of this

you've got to read the blog post. its just a masterclass in ridiculous bullshit.
They've picked the wrong time to bring a limited edition, Decimal type-face, PVD coated, 8 day travel clock for the intrepid business traveler to the market at a mere $5,900!

ASSHAT

I'm the son of immigrants who had to work restaurants retail because no one recognised their credentials or granted them bursaries after freshman year. They happen to be, on my father's side, first ones to have a university degree. Why do you associate me with hating the poor? I grew up in a multigenerational rental apartment.

Clipping coupons to only buy the bad guy action figures wasn't fun but I got past it and moved on.
You are clearly a member of the servant class, no need to explain it to everyone.

Last edited:

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
Actually i might be a CEO but that also has nothing to do with class or blood. You as slow as ever.
You're not and so long as you're not the upper class by employment or by birth then you're on the same level as the rest of us in the end.

ASSHAT

You're not and so long as you're not the upper class by employment or by birth then you're on the same level as the rest of us in the end.
What does upper class by employment mean? Like Rian Taylor CEO of Huddersfield textiles:

E9F4A2F5-B9EA-4874-ABB8-F1633EF6A0E9.jpeg
C93E70D2-FD59-4CAE-8817-D44A420B69C9.jpeg
90597571-C485-4D7D-966A-648AF077600D.jpeg

Last edited:

Kingstonian

you ready for some navel gazing horseshit? get a load of this

you've got to read the blog post. its just a masterclass in ridiculous bullshit.
‘Sold out’

If that’s true there are still gullible people with plenty of spare cash around,

güero

Picked it up today, but the photos don't quite capture the blue of the hands and the silver of the Longines logo:

View attachment 34199

View attachment 34200

View attachment 34201

It's a decent clean looking watch. Not overstated, smart enough to wear going out, or as daily beater in the office.

They had the Heritage sector watch in blue in, does looks good.

Now that Omega has gone into Rolex price territory, in that €2000-€3000, it's hard to beat Longines if you're looking for something classical or heritage based. What else have you got? Frederique Constant?

That triple day date month is a fuck-off board meeting watch. A lot of punch packed for in the smaller size 38.5mm. The only thing with all that complications going on you'd need to wear in daily to keep everything up to date.
What kind of jv board exactly?

Journeyman

Supporter
I just had a look on the Longines website and it appears that there are a couple of different versions - one with a diameter of 40mm and the other with a diameter of 42mm.

The 40mm model looks great. The 42mm model, presumably because of the larger diameter, has half a "3" visible beside the date window. I can understand that Longines thought it would look odd if there was too much empty space between the date window and the edge of the dial, but the cut-off "3" just looks silly to me:

The 40mm version looks much, much better:

Great White Snark

I just had a look on the Longines website and it appears that there are a couple of different versions - one with a diameter of 40mm and the other with a diameter of 42mm.

The 40mm model looks great. The 42mm model, presumably because of the larger diameter, has half a "3" visible beside the date window. I can understand that Longines thought it would look odd if there was too much empty space between the date window and the edge of the dial, but the cut-off "3" just looks silly to me:

I just noticed that from the freeze frame of the video title. Looks dreadful.

Pimpernel Smith

The 2 versions look good to me, no problems with the 3. But 40mm would be my ideal size.

It's a done deal: Longines will continue to dominate the Swiss made watch market in the Euro 1,500-3,000 range.

I just noticed that from the freeze frame of the video title. Looks dreadful.
I think this is the chronograph version is more your style, reviewed first:

Pimpernel Smith

View attachment 34648
Talking about canny buys.

interesred to learn what mid and lower level watch experts like Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith fxh fxh or Journeyman Journeyman have to say about ulysses nardin’s value proposition
When it comes to that luxury watch sector, it's not about value, or subsequent value, you buy it because you want it and don't have to ask if you can afford it.

The Marine Chronograph and Dual Time with enamel face and Roman numerals are great looking watches.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
TimeFactors just release three more ‘baby’ models. Always interesting to see what they are up to with their semi-heritage lines.

F47A50D9-A248-4CA4-AAB4-9E057311D952.jpeg

Pimpernel Smith

TimeFactors just release three more ‘baby’ models. Always interesting to see what they are up to with their semi-heritage lines.

View attachment 34667
With that one, you might as well get the full-on Willard re-edition from Seiko. Not the 6.5 grand limited edition, this one:

Top Bottom