prince nez

Supporter
gonna need pics of that one
A19CB95D-FFFB-468C-8A50-EA4AE16205FC.jpeg

Reverso landed. NOS and two tone to wrist. Will probably put on strap asap. I hope CesareRomiti CesareRomiti (pbuh) and the Euro Crew would approve. I know W walker won’t. Next stop 15202OR.

prince nez

Supporter
That metal strap is crap, needs to go black croc strap ASAP.

Other than that, classique dress watch by JLC.
Black croc is a bit too formal. But definitely going on a mid brown calf or the OEM ostrich strap.

Chief reason for getting it with the bracelet was for my daughter who I intend to pass it down to. Reversos are women’s watches after all.

formby002

Black croc is a bit too formal. But definitely going on a mid brown calf or the OEM ostrich strap.

Chief reason for getting it with the bracelet was for my daughter who I intend to pass it down to. Reversos are women’s watches after all.
It is a formal dress watch. So, do as u are told, put black croc on dat crazzi Swiss fuqqa NOW...!!!!

Weren't Reverso's originally designed for men who played Polo?

prince nez

Supporter
It is a formal dress watch. So, do as u are told, put black croc on dat crazzi Swiss fuqqa NOW...!!!!

Weren't Reverso's originally designed for men who played Polo?
Exactly - it’s a sports watch 🐴

The real question is, what style to engrave my initials on the reverse side? I’m thinking Art Deco in relief.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
For some reason I have been somewhat itching for a Cartier Tank lately. I'm abstaining because I'm sure the fever will break at some point, but I'm intrigued why the sudden urge.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
damn i thought it was the double sided version

prince nez

Supporter
Meh, I prefer the original design. I don’t have need of a second watch face or time zone for travelling, particularly on a watch with no water resistance. The ability to personalise the back is more appealing to me.

Rambo

Supporter

formby002

prince nez

Supporter
Well yep technically they are all double sided 😂

I’ve tried this model on. The hands are so tiny on the reverse dial you can hardly even fucking read the time.

Rambo

Supporter
Well yep technically they are all double sided 😂

I’ve tried this model on. The hands are so tiny on the reverse dial you can hardly even fucking read the time.
guess you got me on that one

did you happen to see this one?

always been hot for the JLC moonphase but it only comes in that damn rose gold.

Journeyman

Supporter

It is a lovely watch, but you are incorrect about it only coming in gold:

Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso moonphase.jpeg

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
While I have the original black leather strap and steel bracelet for my mkXV, I’m not really a fan of either aside from rarity and ‘factory original’. I quite like dressing it down with this single pass fabric strap, but I was thinking about looking for something similar in a think (maybe kangaroo?) brown leather. That way I could change the strap without having to bother with the pins - messing neither them unnecessarily always scares me I’m going to put a scratch on the case that is entirely avoidable. Of course, finding a single pass strap in a think sturdy leather would be hard enough but 19mm???

21B62FBC-530F-4F7F-BDE9-77A9D1BF0317.jpeg

florisgreen

One of the most beautiful versions is the Reverso Tribute to 1931.

Jaeger-LeCoultre-Reverso-Tributo-1931-5234.jpg
shopping.png

Even more beautiful is this limited issue from 2012.

JLC_Reverso_Tribute_1931_3.jpg
JLC_Reverso_Tribute_1931_2.jpg

florisgreen

While I have the original black leather strap and steel bracelet for my mkXV, I’m not really a fan of either aside from rarity and ‘factory original’. I quite like dressing it down with this single pass fabric strap, but I was thinking about looking for something similar in a think (maybe kangaroo?) brown leather. That way I could change the strap without having to bother with the pins - messing neither them unnecessarily always scares me I’m going to put a scratch on the case that is entirely avoidable. Of course, finding a single pass strap in a think sturdy leather would be hard enough but 19mm???

View attachment 41204

I can't give you any advice, but I support your idea: a thick and sturdy (medium) brown leather strap would look great.

prince nez

Supporter
guess you got me on that one

did you happen to see this one?

View attachment 41199
I saw the pink gold one and that they brought out a steel version in the last few years. I think the Reverso is a dress watch and as such gold suits it better personally. I do like the inner carriage treatment on the newer Tribute models.

View attachment 41202View attachment 41203

View attachment 41205View attachment 41206

They are lovely watches but I much prefer Arabic to the stick indices - it's much more Deco to me.

JLC Reverrso Classic Medium Hand-Wound in stainless steel, sold at Mr Porter for 6,200 EUR.

View attachment 41200 View attachment 41201
IIRC the new medium is slightly smaller than the GT case (borderline too small for a man...) and the large size is a bit bigger. I'm thinking to get a Fagliano style shell strap for my GT.

Rambo

Supporter

View attachment 41199
Good find.

I saw the pink gold one and that they brought out a steel version in the last few years. I think the Reverso is a dress watch and as such gold suits it better personally. I do like the inner carriage treatment on the newer Tribute models.
no wonder. Haven’t been keeping up on my JLC catalog it seems.

View attachment 41202View attachment 41203

View attachment 41205View attachment 41206
those are sharp

Thruth

Created the finest posts in internet forum history
Supporter
For some reason I have been somewhat itching for a Cartier Tank lately. I'm abstaining because I'm sure the fever will break at some point, but I'm intrigued why the sudden urge.
if it helps you make a decision, Leit bought one.

Top Bottom