Pimpernel Smith

Yes Rotary does seem a High Street brand from back in the day. They offer more rectangular watches than other brands too.
Their biggest market was and is the UK and they've always focused on the Brits. They are also behind these two watch brands:

Kingstonian

Wiki says Rotary were suppliers to the British army during WW11. Yet no military watch? Missing a trick. It was Swiss but now Chinese owned.

Pimpernel Smith

Definitely missing an obvious marketing gimmick there. Unless they're saving it up!

My research on Rotary leads me to this: their made in Switzerland watches are cost effective and quality merchandise that competes with some of the Longines Elegance ranges for half the price. The stuff that looks too good to be true, are indeed that. Chinese made and assembled tat.

I'm zeroing in on some of the Rotary Elite and Reverso ranges from awhile back. Pictures already posted. We'll see where we are when I have some pocket money the end of the month.

Pimpernel Smith

If you ever see a sub $300 Speedy please let me know and I’ll buy it. These days it’s rare to see any of the ETA models under $500.
The price increases on Swiss calibrations are driven by the market contracting, but knowing that the demographic interested in those watches will pay for the increase. It's about right.

I still say that Speedbird is over priced a bit. The best watch that Timefactors did was the Fifty Fathoms homage with the original calibration in which was mega. I had one and got rid, due to a spec of Tritium on the face. Stupid move and I've always regretted that flip.

Top Bottom